• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Changing up My Business! (Venting)

have their list back, I will go ahead and send the host packet.I hand them two of our 3 part guest lists the night of the show...as well as a self addressed stamped envelope. I tell them that this is the "worst" part of having a show, so just go ahead and fill out all of the slots and mail it back to me within 3 days. That way, they don't set it aside "for later" and then forget about it. Once I... have their list back, I will go ahead and send the host packet.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
:mad: :( :grumpy: I am so frustrated, angry and upset all in the same sentance! I am so sick of being screwed around by irresponsible hosts. This is the 4th party since the beginnig of the year that has rescheduled on me - twice for the same host. It was the same excuses as she gave me last time - no one is coming, people are trying to pay bills, the two people that were coming she didn't want them to feel obligated to buy anything since the one just had a party in November. I politely gave her the three strikes your out talk. Both times she canceled within a couple days while I had been trying to call her for weeks. I told her that if we booked another day, she had to let me know two weeks in advance if she needed to cancel, that I had already reserved two Saturdays for her that I could have booked other parties.

So, instead of sitting on my pitty potty (oops, isn't that supposed to be pitty party! Guess I was really upset at the time!), I'm changing things. I've been throwing around the idea of sending the invites myself for a while. Starting in March, no one will get a host packet until I get an invite list. No list, no date. No date, no party. No excuses. I'm done. I'm sick of not knowing if I have a party or not, who they have invited, booking dates that could have been filled by someone who will hold their party. So here's my chance, wish me luck. I'm not looking forward to the short term problems that come by doing this (stamps, mailing host packets, a little more work on my end) but I'm looking forward to the long term results.

End of vent, thanks for letting me get it out!:chef:

Last edited:
Sorry about all the trouble with that host. She obviously doesn't want to have a party and just doesn't know how to say "no" to you. Just move on to the next one. I've heard of a lot of people having a lot of success by sending invitations to the guests, so I hope that's what it takes for you to eliminate the cancellations!! :) Good luck!

Sorry to hear about your troubles lately! I hope this new format helps you! Good luck and let us know your results!

Good for you! Taking action is a good thing when you feel the need to change something....no sense just complaining and then not doing anything about it!
One question-how do you plan to present this when someone at your shows books....are you going to hand them something as a reminder or what??? You may not have this worked out yet, but when you do, let me know.

I have sent my hosts invitations for years with very few cancellations. I give the packet and tell them the invitations are my responsibility. They have to send me a list in 2-3 days of booking the show....it just works that way for me.

chefmeg said:
Good for you! Taking action is a good thing when you feel the need to change something....no sense just complaining and then not doing anything about it!
One question-how do you plan to present this when someone at your shows books....are you going to hand them something as a reminder or what??? You may not have this worked out yet, but when you do, let me know.

I have sent my hosts invitations for years with very few cancellations. I give the packet and tell them the invitations are my responsibility. They have to send me a list in 2-3 days of booking the show....it just works that way for me.
I plan to offer then a SASE with a guest list inside that they can fill out. If they don't want to it that way and provide me with an email address, I'll email for their list. As soon as I get their list, their host packet goes in the mail. I will tell them that this guarantees that I will hold the date for them but not until I get the list back.

Way to go! I am sure that you will like this better once you get it going.

I hand them two of our 3 part guest lists the night of the show...as well as a self addressed stamped envelope. I tell them that this is the "worst" part of having a show, so just go ahead and fill out all of the slots and mail it back to me within 3 days. That way, they don't set it aside "for later" and then forget about it. Once I have the list in hand, the host packet goes out. If I don't get the list quickly, I will give them a reminder call...and after that call and tell them that I will not be able to hold their date without the guest list.

No more parties that the host LIES to me about how many were invited...or WHEN they got mailed...or even IF they got mailed!! My attendance has gone WAY up! I also coach them to include phone numbers so I can do their reminder calls (I use post calls) and this has helped with attendance too!

Make sure you use the host's name and address as the return address, so they open up the invite!

wadesgirl said:
I plan to offer then a SASE with a guest list inside that they can fill out. If they don't want to it that way and provide me with an email address, I'll email for their list. As soon as I get their list, their host packet goes in the mail. I will tell them that this guarantees that I will hold the date for them but not until I get the list back.
hee hee!

You were typing basically the same thing while I was typing!!

Thanks for the support! I've been tossing around the idea and this host pushed me over the edge. No more, this is my business, I'm trying to make extra money here. I went from 6 shows in January down to 3. Two rescheduled for February and 1 changed to a catalog show. I had 5 shows in February and now I have 4. I'm trying to do as many shows as I can a month while working full time and having a life. But I don't like being pushed around. I'm taking control! Don't p*ss me off! :D

Oh...and something else. I tell them that I will pay for their postage when they reach a $1,000 show. If it falls lower than that, they will reimburse me when we close the show.

I used to offer to pay for postage with 40+ names, but that doesn't always guarantee you a large show. Now, they are more concerned about listening when I coach them to reach $1,000!!

Great job! What I like best about your post is that instead of just venting, you said what you are going to do to be proactive about the situation! WAY TO GO!!!!!

Good for you, wadesgirl! I am so glad I started sending invitations. I don't ask if I can do it for them. I tell them I'm doing it. I just started doing that in September. I offer a mini serving spatula with 40 names. I've only had to give three, though, but my attendance is up. And, I've only had one cancellation - she was in the hospital after I sent the invites. I also print out all my postcards on my printer, and I put on there "RSVP by date": that date is four days before the show. My hosts have been impressed by the calls they get. (They don't realize I do this because they don't read the e-mails or listen when I talk.) The gift I give is a recipe card. I give host packets at the show because I don't want to send a packet. I include the guest list and it's on top. I also tell them to send me their guest list ASAP, and that's all I really say except for picking a date. Many of my bookings are not at shows, so those packets I send after I receive guest lists.

Kelly, I've toyed with the idea of still having the host pay for postage but I'm stuck on that idea.

I've seen consultants say with 40 guests they'll pay, having the host send a check for the amount of names on their guest list, getting reimbursement at the show, etc. I don't know what I feel will work best for me. One of the reasons why I never started this is the money factor. I know I'll make it up in time with increased attendance but from the start, it will be hard.

And then I like JAE's idea of still giving them the host packet but I'm sick of lost host packets even when I request them to be returned. Or always having to make sure I have host packets on me at shows instead of possibly coming home and put them together (specials, catalogs, etc) after I get the bookings.

I think I'm going to email my director and bounce this off her too.

I give host packets at the show too - I figure I have $2.50 tops into a host packet - so giving it at the show is cheaper than mailing it for $4.60. I have very few cancellations - I still let them know that I cannot hold the date for them without a guest list - and I write on their host letter, and on their show planner the date when I need to have their guest list.

I had one host who completely blew me off for January, but that didn't surprise me....and 2 who rescheduled - but I knew about the one reschedule far enough in advance that I would have time to re-book that date. (and the other one was because I was sick!)

ChefBeckyD said:
I give host packets at the show too - I figure I have $2.50 tops into a host packet - so giving it at the show is cheaper than mailing it for $4.60. I have very few cancellations - I still let them know that I cannot hold the date for them without a guest list - and I write on their host letter, and on their show planner the date when I need to have their guest list.

I had one host who completely blew me off for January, but that didn't surprise me....and 2 who rescheduled - but I knew about the one reschedule far enough in advance that I would have time to re-book that date. (and the other one was because I was sick!)

Can you post the host letter you use? I've been wanting to revamp my host packets and I think a letter is one thing I want to include.

finley1991 said:
Great job! What I like best about your post is that instead of just venting, you said what you are going to do to be proactive about the situation! WAY TO GO!!!!!

You know the old saying about the cup being half full instead of half empty. My cup is generally usually on the full side. May not even be 1/4 full, but I will never look at the cup as empty. I think this was just the push I needed to try something different.

Here you go.....this is what I include. I also call them and go over the info in the host packet a day or two after we book the show.

Attachments

• CO - Host Letter revised(3).doc
    77 KB · Views: 385
  • CO - Show Planner Form.doc
    80 KB · Views: 274
wadesgirl said:
I've seen consultants say with 40 guests they'll pay, having the host send a check for the amount of names on their guest list, getting reimbursement at the show, etc. I don't know what I feel will work best for me. One of the reasons why I never started this is the money factor. I know I'll make it up in time with increased attendance but from the start, it will be hard.

Keep in mind that postcard stamps are much cheaper (26 cents). I had to ask for them specifically at our PO & the lady said "Oh, I forgot we even had those!" It only takes an extra $50 in orders (@20%) to make up the postage cost for 40 invites. Average show that is only 1-2 more people!

Last show, host only sent me 16 names. I was kind of bummed, but 9 showed up, 2 outside orders, & one last minute cancellation bc of sick child. Well worth the $4 I spent on postage!!

Thanks for sharing those letters .......... The only thing that I do differently is when they book a show at a show. I give them a basic host packet so the only thing that is in it are the show planner, 50 names in 5 minutes, And the current host and guest special. I tell them I need their guest list with in three days and I will give them the rest of the packet. I also call the host back if their are not numbers included with addresses that way I can make reminder calls. My show attendance has gone way up becasue of that change.

My mom sold PH for 17 years and she always tells me to do it that way. She would make them give her the guest list first, and that would then secure the date. But instead of mailing them out for her, she would give them back to her for her to mail out. I think I would probably do the mailing myself though. She was very successful at what she did and says that's one of the biggest keys to her success. Less cancellations, higher attendance, higher sales, etc.

I really should listen to my mother. Haven't tried it though. (must be an "I'm not gonna try it b/c my mom told me to." thing....LOL!)

Christ Follower said:
My mom sold PH for 17 years and she always tells me to do it that way. She would make them give her the guest list first, and that would then secure the date. But instead of mailing them out for her, she would give them back to her for her to mail out. I think I would probably do the mailing myself though. She was very successful at what she did and says that's one of the biggest keys to her success. Less cancellations, higher attendance, higher sales, etc.

I really should listen to my mother. Haven't tried it though. (must be an "I'm not gonna try it b/c my mom told me to." thing....LOL!)

How many times have you said that!

I know that it's not that expensive to mail postcards stamps, I just need to remember to be stocked up on them.

wadesgirl said:
How many times have you said that!

I know that it's not that expensive to mail postcards stamps, I just need to remember to be stocked up on them.
I buy mine by the roll of 100.

ChefBeckyD said:
I buy mine by the roll of 100.

I mail out Nancy's postcards to my hosts so I just buy 30-40 at a time depending on how many shows I have. I do know the post office down the road from where I work has the rolls in the back!

Good luck! I definately recommend sending out the invites. It has been a big help in my biz; plus it gives you that feeling of control of your biz.

Question, have you ever had a host who made you feel like you were holding the host packet hostage?! I've had a few host the past year who were a little high maintenance who may pose this issue!

Don't let hosts make you feel anything. KWIM? Just state the facts. "I'll send out the packet when I receive your guest list." OR "I'm waiting for your guest list?" OR "It's my policy (not I'm starting a new policy) to send out the packet when I receive the guest list." You are holding the packet hostage. Actually, you're holding your money hostage or at least managing your money responsibly.

:) I totally know what you mean, I was just asking for the fun of it. Right now, my hosts have p*ssed me off enough, I don't mind letting a few of them think that I'm the wicked witch of the west. I do feel bad for the way I stated "3 strikes your out" last night to the host but I had to put my foot down. I'm sick of wasting my Saturday bookings for someone who doesn't want to hold their show. I got to thinking I had another January host who I had to push back to February 11th that I could have offered this Saturday to if it had been open.

Someone here requires guest lists a month out in order to secure a date. That way you have enough time to give the date away if you don't get the list. I've thought about that, but I'm not quite that busy that I feel the need to do it.

JAE said:
Someone here requires guest lists a month out in order to secure a date. That way you have enough time to give the date away if you don't get the list. I've thought about that, but I'm not quite that busy that I feel the need to do it.

I'm going to require it as soon as they book (unless they book months in advance). Most of my bookings are within 1-2 months so it shouldn't be a problem for them to get my the guest list when needed. Plus I work full time on top of PC and my life so I'll take as much time as I need to get their invites done.

definitely mail the invitations.. I use a 2x4 label with the hostess name, show date/time, rsvp number and I put the guest special on there and if they cannot come they can place their order by calling the hostess or going to my website and typing in the hostess name. I put my name and phone number at the bottom with a one liner that says Surprise your host...book a show!
I started mailing the invitations three years ago when I had all 5 shows in the same week to cancel.. I was soo upset and nauseous.. I have been in the business for 9 years and was disgusted with cancellations or reschedules. This is my job and I worried to death that month how I was going to pay the bills. Soo, starting the next month I mailed out all invites.. Had my first 11,000 month in sales. Since then I am very rarely less than $5000 a month with 12 shows a month. I have made TPC in sales the last three years in a row.
I was the same as everyone else in the thinking that I did not want any more expenses but my expenses were flying out the door on hostess packets and phone calls for looney hostess who didn't care.
No more... I average 4 shows a year who have to cancel or reschedule. It has to be really good reason when you have already invited 40 people and don't want to have to call everyone..
Hope this helps...

crissy11 said:
definitely mail the invitations.. I use a 2x4 label with the hostess name, show date/time, rsvp number and I put the guest special on there and if they cannot come they can place their order by calling the hostess or going to my website and typing in the hostess name. I put my name and phone number at the bottom with a one liner that says Surprise your host...book a show!
I started mailing the invitations three years ago when I had all 5 shows in the same week to cancel.. I was soo upset and nauseous.. I have been in the business for 9 years and was disgusted with cancellations or reschedules. This is my job and I worried to death that month how I was going to pay the bills. Soo, starting the next month I mailed out all invites.. Had my first 11,000 month in sales. Since then I am very rarely less than $5000 a month with 12 shows a month. I have made TPC in sales the last three years in a row.
I was the same as everyone else in the thinking that I did not want any more expenses but my expenses were flying out the door on hostess packets and phone calls for looney hostess who didn't care.
No more... I average 4 shows a year who have to cancel or reschedule. It has to be really good reason when you have already invited 40 people and don't want to have to call everyone..
Hope this helps...

Helps alot! Thanks! Do you give them the host packet up front or after you get the guest list?

I do mail them the packet after I have confirmed their show date. I call them a week after the show and confirm. I then mail the packet with the guest list sheet in it and a big sticker on the envelope that says I am waiting on their guest list. I also have a copy machine with a fax so I encourage them to fax me the list within a few days. I do lose a few hostess packets a year but it is easier for me to not have to remember to mail a packet after I get the guest list. I spent two weeks ago confirming with all of my Feb. hostess and then mailed all their packets out at once. I am now confirming with my March hostess and will start their mailings out the first week in Feb.
It works for me.

KellyTheChef said:
Way to go! I am sure that you will like this better once you get it going.

I hand them two of our 3 part guest lists the night of the show...as well as a self addressed stamped envelope. I tell them that this is the "worst" part of having a show, so just go ahead and fill out all of the slots and mail it back to me within 3 days. That way, they don't set it aside "for later" and then forget about it. Once I have the list in hand, the host packet goes out. If I don't get the list quickly, I will give them a reminder call...and after that call and tell them that I will not be able to hold their date without the guest list.

No more parties that the host LIES to me about how many were invited...or WHEN they got mailed...or even IF they got mailed!! My attendance has gone WAY up! I also coach them to include phone numbers so I can do their reminder calls (I use post calls) and this has helped with attendance too!

Make sure you use the host's name and address as the return address, so they open up the invite!
about how much out of pocket will this cost you per average show?

Hmmm... interesting thread. I have just decided to NOT mail my hosts invitations because I HATE doing it. I'll have to really pay attention to how it affects attendance and show sales. I hate addressing them, remembering the stamps, everything about it. As I was addressing the invitions for an upcoming show last night I was so thrilled to think I woudn't have to do this again (I have done this since I started). I know what my potential problems are going to be by reading your posts though. Good luck to all!

I'm too much of a control freak to give up sending the invites.

JAE said:
Hee Hee! Me too!

I type in all of the addresses in Publisher and it saves them. Then I just print them out on labels and put on the invites. The next time they do a show I print out their addresses and mail to them to edit and get back to me. Love that as I have them saved and don't have to retype.

I've been e-mailing the copy of the addresses back to the host so she can check to make sure she didn't forget anyone. She can also check that she has heard from everyone.

JAE said:

ROFL Me too... and then I know that their done and sent.....

Mail them for the host!!I mail my hosts invitations and I too am a closet "control" freak. But here is what I do that is a little different than some of you.

1. I have my host email me her guest list already typed up in labels!! She then saves her original guest list so she knows who she needs to call for RSVPs. WHOO HOOO!! Just changed in December, thanks to Don Funt!! Thanks Don:love: ! Saves a ton of time on my part and I save the list in a folder on my computer "guest lists" and save each guest list under the hosts name (last name, first name). GOTTA LOVE IT!!! :love: I just print out the invites and labels and WaLa instant invites! So, yes for repeat hosts, I just email them the list they update it and shoot it back!

2. I also charge a flat fee for a show. It doesn't matter if you invite 5 people or 100 people. My fee for a show is $25, this includes $10 for cost of invitations and $15 for demo food. I let my host know as soon as she receives her guest list at the show that she only needs to get the guest list to me and drop a check in the mail to me for $25. Because I of course will mail the invitations and do the grocery shopping for her. My hosts love this! I often have hosts that want to give me more $. I price out my recipe or recipes to make sure they are at least $15 but no more than $20. I only do a second recipe if the first recipe is very inexpensive and the second recipe is already made. Most of the time I still spend more on invites, ink and postage, but this way I am not spending all of the $$$!!:D

Something I did try for 6 months that I just quit was flyer invitations. I tracked my show average and average attendance while I did this and didn't see any difference. I loved the idea of having a flyer in the mail verus a postcard, but I honestly started to resent:cry: the time it took to print, fold and mail these! So I am back to postcards and I can get 40 invitations done in about 10 minutes!!:)

KellyTheChef said:
Oh...and something else. I tell them that I will pay for their postage when they reach a $1,000 show. If it falls lower than that, they will reimburse me when we close the show.

I used to offer to pay for postage with 40+ names, but that doesn't always guarantee you a large show. Now, they are more concerned about listening when I coach them to reach $1,000!!

That is an awesome idea Kelly!!! I have always mailed out the invitations for the hosts but to be reimbursed is not a bad idea. Hmm - might have to think about that.

Okay, I just need to vent again... One of the hosts that made me decide to change my business is this >.< far from me telling her to shove this show where the sun doesn't shine! We rescheduled her show for next Monday but every time I call her to get the show recipe, she's short and snotty with me. Sunday it was she's "cleaning her house too busy" was how she put it so I told her I would call her back tonight. I called from my home phone and she must have recognized the last name on caller id because she answered the phone literally "I cannot talk right now". I asked when would be a good time to talk. She says "I don't know". So I'm sitting here trying to keep my head high and not cry too much. What did I do to her? She was one of those people who told me they kicked another consultant out of their cul-de-sac for being too pushy but she asked me to call her back about hosting a show and she set a date with me twice. I know it's not a personal thing against me, I'm just a little emotional right now (no, I'm not pregnant). So, I'm off to email her just to say I was looking for her recipe selection. If she doesn't reply by Friday, I'll call back then. I just don't understand some people. I'm not some punching bag and this is my business!

Yep, that's all you can do. She apparently wants to do a show but not be "bothered" by phone calls. Send her an email that you're sorry you haven't been able to catch her at a good time, list the things that you wanted to talk to her about, and tell her when you'll be available to talk and ask her to call you. If you don't hear from her by XX date, you'll assume it's XX recipe and you'll show up at XX time. Done!

I tried to email her and nothing came out nice so I think I will wait until tomorrow to email her. I talked to three other hosts after talking to her that made me feel all better. My host for next weekend is all set to have another$1000 party for me. I think that will chear me up just fine. I have two shows that day so it will hopefully be a very productive day!

I'm glad I found this website. I really needed to vent but there really is no one to talk to. DH told me to cancel if she was making me that upset but I won't do that (I AM the better person!). My director has been very distant lately so calling her probably won't do any good. Sometimes you just need to get stuff out and people who can relate are good ears to fall upon.

Why don't you just stick with e-mail? She obviously doesn't want to talk. If she responds to e-mail then just communicate through e-mail. Give her a deadline for recipe selection, which should really be one of the last things you do after she knows how many people are coming. I usually know way before that, but it's better to decide when you have a guest count. I ask guests to RSVP by four days before the show. That is plenty of time to shop for the recipes. I don't pack until the day of the show, so the recipe is very irrelevant for me until two or three days ahead because I usually make an outline. It's much more important that she calls all her potential guests. Send her short, direct, polite e-mails. "I'm just checking in about your show. Hopefully, you are getting responses back from your guests. If there are people you haven't heard fromby the end of the day on Thursday, start calling them on Friday to see if they area able to attend. Let them know that we need to get a count so we can choose the recipe. Direct them to my website or offer to get a catalog to them if they can't come to the show. I'm looking forward to your show. Let me know what I can do to help you."
This soon before the show, you don't need to know the recipe.

I can tell you my attitude just did a 180! My sample package that has been showing as received for the last week JUST SHIPPED!!!!:sing: :sing: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :love: :love: :love: :chef: :chef:
Sorry! I does make me feel better!

JAE said:
Why don't you just stick with e-mail? She obviously doesn't want to talk. If she responds to e-mail then just communicate through e-mail. Give her a deadline for recipe selection, which should really be one of the last things you do after she knows how many people are coming. I usually know way before that, but it's better to decide when you have a guest count. I ask guests to RSVP by four days before the show. That is plenty of time to shop for the recipes. I don't pack until the day of the show, so the recipe is very irrelevant for me until two or three days ahead because I usually make an outline. It's much more important that she calls all her potential guests. Send her short, direct, polite e-mails. "I'm just checking in about your show. Hopefully, you are getting responses back from your guests. If there are people you haven't heard fromby the end of the day on Thursday, start calling them on Friday to see if they area able to attend. Let them know that we need to get a count so we can choose the recipe. Direct them to my website or offer to get a catalog to them if they can't come to the show. I'm looking forward to your show. Let me know what I can do to help you."
This soon before the show, you don't need to know the recipe.

Just had to let you know that she responded very well to email although she never mentioned it when I asked her previously about the best way to get a hold of her. I sent her an email last night saying that I was sorry we weren't able to connect yet but just waiting to find out her recipe choice. She responded within an half hour! Of course, she hasn't even looked at her host packet because her answer was "what are my choices?" We now have her recipe picked out and the show is on as of right now.

That's great. You're probably relieved. I hate making phone calls to work all this stuff out and I really dislike hearing busyness in the person's voice on the other side. KWIM?

JAE said:
That's great. You're probably relieved. I hate making phone calls to work all this stuff out and I really dislike hearing busyness in the person's voice on the other side. KWIM?

I was very releaved to hear she isn't cancelling her party (yet... could still happen). I just thought the way she answered the phone was completely rude. I'm not houding her or calling her every day and I am just trying to do my job.

What I've learned in this business so far is that because PC is important to you it isn't necessarily important to everyone else. I've had some of the same issues with hosts and have just chalked it up to that. Besides, some people are really absent minded and don't follow directions well. I also feel that some people don't have very good social skills and so they don't know better. I've tried to be patient with my hosts although it is sometimes hard to do.

At the same time, don't let this host ruin it for you. I live by the motto of you got me once shame on you but if you got me twice shame on me. I'm patient to a point but I'm not a push over.

vtodd71 said:
What I've learned in this business so far is that because PC is important to you it isn't necessarily important to everyone else. I've had some of the same issues with hosts and have just chalked it up to that. Besides, some people are really absent minded and don't follow directions well. I also feel that some people don't have very good social skills and so they don't know better. I've tried to be patient with my hosts although it is sometimes hard to do.

At the same time, don't let this host ruin it for you. I live by the motto of you got me once shame on you but if you got me twice shame on me. I'm patient to a point but I'm not a push over.

I am well aware that hosts have lives outside of PC, it's my life not theirs. I just don't agree that I should have to deal with how rude she was to me. I've made changes in my business because of this and have moved on.

<H2>1. How often do parties get rescheduled by irresponsible hosts?</H2><p>This is a common frustration for many consultants and can vary depending on individual experiences. Some consultants may rarely encounter rescheduling, while others may face it more frequently. It's important to communicate clearly with your hosts about your expectations and policies regarding rescheduling.</p><H2>2. How should I handle a host who cancels multiple times?</H2><p>The best approach is to have a conversation with the host and express your concerns. Let them know that rescheduling repeatedly can have a negative impact on your business and ask if there is anything you can do to help them keep their party on the scheduled date. You may also consider implementing a policy that allows for a certain number of reschedules before a party is canceled.</p><H2>3. Should I consider sending invitations myself instead of relying on the host?</H2><p>This is a personal decision that can depend on your individual business practices. Some consultants find success in sending their own invitations, while others prefer to have the host take on this responsibility. If you do decide to send invitations yourself, be sure to communicate this clearly with your hosts and have a system in place for collecting and organizing guest information.</p><H2>4. Are there any potential drawbacks to sending invitations myself?</H2><p>Sending invitations yourself can require more work and resources, such as stamps and time for mailing. It's important to weigh the potential benefits and drawbacks and decide what works best for your business and schedule. You may also want to consider implementing a deadline for receiving the guest list from the host to ensure you have enough time to send the invitations.</p><H2>5. What are the long-term benefits of taking control of the invitation process?</H2><p>By taking control of the invitation process, you can ensure that you have a solid guest list for each party and minimize the risk of last-minute cancellations. This can also help you plan and manage your schedule more effectively, potentially leading to increased bookings and sales. Additionally, it can help establish clear expectations and boundaries with hosts, leading to a more professional and efficient business relationship.</p>

1. How often do parties get rescheduled by irresponsible hosts?

This is a common frustration for many consultants and can vary depending on individual experiences. Some consultants may rarely encounter rescheduling, while others may face it more frequently. It's important to communicate clearly with your hosts about your expectations and policies regarding rescheduling.

2. How should I handle a host who cancels multiple times?

The best approach is to have a conversation with the host and express your concerns. Let them know that rescheduling repeatedly can have a negative impact on your business and ask if there is anything you can do to help them keep their party on the scheduled date. You may also consider implementing a policy that allows for a certain number of reschedules before a party is canceled.

3. Should I consider sending invitations myself instead of relying on the host?

This is a personal decision that can depend on your individual business practices. Some consultants find success in sending their own invitations, while others prefer to have the host take on this responsibility. If you do decide to send invitations yourself, be sure to communicate this clearly with your hosts and have a system in place for collecting and organizing guest information.

4. Are there any potential drawbacks to sending invitations myself?

Sending invitations yourself can require more work and resources, such as stamps and time for mailing. It's important to weigh the potential benefits and drawbacks and decide what works best for your business and schedule. You may also want to consider implementing a deadline for receiving the guest list from the host to ensure you have enough time to send the invitations.

5. What are the long-term benefits of taking control of the invitation process?

By taking control of the invitation process, you can ensure that you have a solid guest list for each party and minimize the risk of last-minute cancellations. This can also help you plan and manage your schedule more effectively, potentially leading to increased bookings and sales. Additionally, it can help establish clear expectations and boundaries with hosts, leading to a more professional and efficient business relationship.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies