• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Navigating a Crossroads: Seeking Advice for My Event Planning Business

In summary, Beth is at a crossroads. All her shows before Sandy were cancelled and when she calls or emails she gets no response. Yesterday she was at a Craft/Vendor Holiday Bazaar and it was such a flop. Some people were just rude and most didn't want to deal with having a party even after she offered them a gift. She was standing there thinking maybe this is a sign but then she got two potential bookings.
nay62
Gold Member
I'm at a crossroads here. All my shows before Sandy were cancelled and when I call/email I get no response. Yesterday I was at a Craft/Vendor Holiday Bazaar and it was such a flop. Some people were just rude and most didn't want to deal with having a party even after I offered them a gift. I was standing there thinking maybe this is a sign but then I got (2) potential bookings.

Now here I am wondering what is my next step. I really want this to work!! I am feeling a bit lost here. Sorry, I had to vent and as much as my family love me I knew you all will know exactly how I feel!

I can't imagine how difficult rebounding from Sandy has been for you and all our consultants in the effected areas. I'm sorry people were rude, given the situation, I'm guessing they probably are a bit overwhelmed and didn't respond as they normally would to you. Hopefully you got their contact info. I would keep it, send them a note thanking them for stopping by, wishing them a joyous holiday, and let them know you'll touch base in Feb. to keep them up to date on our new products to debut in March. Tell them you hope things will have settled down in the area and perhaps they'd like the opportunity then to consider a fun, relaxed, interactive cooking demo with our newest editions (yet to be announced). Then follow up with then end of Feb.

Right now focus on the 2 potential bookings! Turn them into dates on your calendar! Be excited for them, let them know how fun and easy you'll make it for them, and everyone will have so much fun. Recommend a fun theme (soup & slippers, ugly sweater, flip flops, ritas & fajitas, Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, Movie Night, anything that you think would be fun to them). Make it a "party" atmosphere/idea.

Take is one day at a time. I like pchockeymom's suggestion of focusing on the potential bookings.

Thank you ladies! I'm going to work on it, am off next week so my personal goal is to work on Pampered Chef :)

Do you have any out of the area friends or family or do the people you know have family in other states? Ask them to do catalog shows to help you through this time.

We have been in the process of moving since October and won't be in our house until after the first of the year. I won't start to say what all has been going on for us because even though it has been hell for us I can't imagine that it is near what you are going through. My point is I booked catalog shows 1000 miles away from where I am with friends there to help me through. It's worth a try.

Thanks Beth, I reached out today let's see which of my family/friends aren't tired of me yet ;)

nay62 said:
Thanks Beth, I reached out today let's see which of my family/friends aren't tired of me yet ;)

Tell them that you don't want to rely on them and ask them to ask around and see if anyone they know might be willing to help you out and get some free items and deep discounts for doing it. They might just say "hey! I want those discounts and free stuff!"

Ask for help but in the next breath make it about what they can get.

Call the home office. They will have a sales manager r someone experienced in your upline call you to help you through this tough time.

What are the best tools for meal prep?

Some of our customers' favorite tools for meal prep include our Food Chopper, Flexible Cutting Mats, and Quick Slice. These tools make chopping, slicing, and dicing ingredients quick and easy.

What are some tips for organizing my kitchen?

One tip is to use our Modular Mates storage containers to keep pantry items organized and easily accessible. Another tip is to use our Kitchen Spritzer to keep oils and vinegars organized and mess-free.

How can I make mealtime fun for my kids?

Our customers love using our Fun Food Shapes and Kids' Cookie Baking Set to make mealtime more enjoyable for kids. You can also involve them in meal prep by using our Kids' Safe Cutters and Let's Make a Pizza! Set.

What are some healthy recipes for busy weeknights?

We have a variety of healthy recipes on our website, including one-pan meals, sheet pan dinners, and slow cooker recipes. You can also check out our blog for meal prep tips and quick and easy dinner ideas.

How can I host a successful Pampered Chef party?

To host a successful party, make sure to invite friends and family, have a variety of products on display, and offer special deals and discounts. It's also helpful to have a demo of one of our products and provide samples for your guests to try. Don't forget to have fun and enjoy the party!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Brandie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
Replies
Views
heather223