• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant Seeks Advice: Venting & Struggles with Director

In summary, the consultant feels like they are under a lot of pressure to split their show and meet their goals within 30 days. They feel like this is not what they want to do with their business and would rather have a longer-term goal of success. They feel that their honesty and integrity will make them feel better about their decisions.
partygirl43
Hi everyone--

I'm a new consultant, my 30 days will be up on March 24th---so far I have submitted 2 shows; 1 was a catalog show and another was my 'Grand opening' show---which did really well---over $600 dollars in sales!! Well here is my problem--I feel I've been under a crazy amount of pressure by my director and FD to 'split' my large show so I can meet the 4 shows in 30 days--to get my PC bucks. I did not feel comfertable doing this and I submitted this as one show. For me---its not about the extra 'bucks' or whatever--I want to have a sucessful business. I'm not in for a sprint I'm in for a marathon. I have more shows scheduled and I will make my $1250 by ninty days....but now I feel like the black sheep, and of course am now set up for more 'coaching calls' from my director. Really these people need to back off alittle.

Sorry for venting...but I feel alittle better...any advice for me???

I agree with you, I'm a rule follower. I refuse to bend or tweak the rules to my advantage. I am that way in life not just PC.
You did a grand opening it was successful IF you were to split it sounds like you would be compromising yourself and how you choose to run your business..
Remember this is YOUR business, YOUR way.
You are the one who has to answer to your conscious, not your director or FD.
Celebrate your great month & look forward to the upcoming months.
Good Luck!!

It sounds to me like your doing a great job!! Way to go!! Your right this is your business, do it your way. Don't let them push you around. Be honest with them, tell them what you want to do and stick to it.

Keep up the good work!!:)

One of the things about PC is that we can all set our own goals. Tell your director your goal is to make $1250 by your 90 days, if that in fact is your goal.

She should help you determine what YOUR goals are and then help you meet those.

You should have a talk with you director. Let her know that each of you has your own goals and that they may not be the same (and that it is unfair of her to pressure you to meet HER goals). If you don't want the "coaching calls" then tell her so and that you'll be in touch when you have some questions. Do you have caller ID on your phone? If so, then don't answer if you're not up to talking with her. Be polite, but firm. As the others have said.....it's Your Business Your Way.

Don't feel bad...I did 2 shows my first 30 days...my 3rd show that qualified me was 1 day after my 30 days. I could have moved the date back 1 day and gotten the $25 extra PC bucks, but I didn't. Your personal honesty and integrity will make you feel better about running your business the "right" way.

I agree! YOU do what you know is right and your business will be blessed. Let them know that compromising like that is NOT the way you want to operate...and if they still pressure you- tell them to back off! Glad you have found CS and you feel free talking to us here...that's what we are all here for: To support each other!

Good luck!
((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

You need to do what you are comfortable with. If breaking up the shows felt unethical to you then stick with it and don't let them make you feel guilty.

Talk to your director, and tell her that you need to feel like you will be supported in running your business your way, and that if she can't do that then you'd prefer to keep contact to a minimum (just say it nicer than I have here). :p

What happens if we dont submit 4 shows in 30 days, I have submitted three, and I am not gonna make the 4 by 3/29 unless I make a $50 of my own (cant really afford that). Doesn anything happen if I dont qualify in 30 Days.

Cori - it is 4 shows OR $1250 in sales. I only have 3 shows in and I'm qualified. Nothing happens if you DON'T qualify in 30 days...you just get less PC $s because of the 30 day bonuses.

Im neither :( 4 or $1250 I was just wondering I am so close:mad:

Is there someone who hasn't ordered from you that can bring you up $50 or so in an individual order?

Im hoping, I have one lady who is going to ask her friend today. If not, I think I am just gonna have to order it out of my commission check. Then submit it.

Miss Cori said:
Im hoping, I have one lady who is going to ask her friend today. If not, I think I am just gonna have to order it out of my commission check. Then submit it.

The last time I needed a show, I looked at all the birthdays, weddings, and freinds moving I had coming up over the next 3 months and went ahead and gave everyone PC products or gift certificates. I've been pleasantly surprised that people are pleased with what I got them. I did the gift certificates in their name, had shipped to them, and wrote short notes.

I am sure Cori that you will get qualified real soon!

partygirl43 said:
Hi everyone--

I'm a new consultant, my 30 days will be up on March 24th---so far I have submitted 2 shows; 1 was a catalog show and another was my 'Grand opening' show---which did really well---over $600 dollars in sales!! Well here is my problem--I feel I've been under a crazy amount of pressure by my director and FD to 'split' my large show so I can meet the 4 shows in 30 days--to get my PC bucks. I did not feel comfertable doing this and I submitted this as one show. For me---its not about the extra 'bucks' or whatever--I want to have a sucessful business. I'm not in for a sprint I'm in for a marathon. I have more shows scheduled and I will make my $1250 by ninty days....but now I feel like the black sheep, and of course am now set up for more 'coaching calls' from my director. Really these people need to back off alittle.

First of all congratulations on all you've done so far.:) Don't let your director and FD push you around to do things you are not comfortable with. I know that they want to get you the most but I think they are thinking of themselves more than you. Do your shows and show schedule the best that you can do with a schedule of what works for you. Do let them know how you feel as it will only make you more upset as time goes by and may make you lose your love to sell PC. As many of us have said this is our place to vent, help and relax. So welcome!

30 days
partygirl43 said:
Hi everyone--

I wonder if it had more to do with what she would get out of it if you qualified in 30 days????!!!!

Don't you get something for having your recruit qualify in 30 days? I also think it's a good idea to discuss your goals. I was quite honest from the get go and let my director know this is just a hobby. Although I have been able to pull in thousand dollar shows and be the highest seller for the month.

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
I wonder if it had more to do with what she would get out of it if you qualified in 30 days????!!!!

Don't you get something for having your recruit qualify in 30 days?
Typically, no. But the recruiting promo in Jan/Feb required the new recruits to qualify within 30 days for the recruiter to get the goodies. So you're probably right, Debbie.

That's probably what they were after.

Yes, I think you guys were right. I don't think my recruiter gets her new tote because I qualified on day 31, but she was just excited I qualified and happy with that...I am thankful she's not a "me" person.

...and Cori - I JUST qualified Sunday and I know you signed after me so don't feel bad - you are doing just great!

What should I do if my director is not supporting me?

If you feel like your director is not providing the support and guidance you need as a new consultant, it's important to communicate your concerns to them. Schedule a one-on-one meeting to discuss your struggles and ask for specific ways they can help you. You can also reach out to other consultants in your team or upline for advice and support. Remember, your director's job is to help you succeed, so don't be afraid to ask for what you need.

How can I balance my full-time job and my Pampered Chef business?

Many consultants start their Pampered Chef business as a side hustle while working a full-time job. The key to balancing both is to prioritize your time and set realistic goals. Make a schedule and stick to it, setting aside dedicated time for your Pampered Chef business. Also, delegate tasks and ask for help when needed. Remember, building a successful business takes time and effort, so be patient with yourself.

What is the best way to get bookings for my parties?

The most effective way to get bookings is by leveraging your network and asking for referrals. Reach out to your friends, family, and acquaintances and let them know about your Pampered Chef business. Offer incentives for hosting a party, such as free products or discounts. You can also utilize social media to promote your parties and reach a wider audience. Remember, word of mouth is a powerful tool, so always provide exceptional service to your customers.

What are some tips for overcoming rejection from potential customers?

Rejection is a normal part of any sales business, and it's important not to take it personally. Instead of dwelling on the rejection, focus on the positive and move on to the next potential customer. It can also be helpful to ask for feedback from the customer on why they declined your offer. This can provide valuable insights on how to improve your approach in the future. Remember, every no brings you closer to a yes, so don't give up!

How can I stay motivated and avoid burnout as a new consultant?

Building a successful Pampered Chef business takes time and effort, and it's normal to feel overwhelmed or burned out at times. To stay motivated, set realistic goals and celebrate your accomplishments, no matter how small. Surround yourself with a supportive community of consultants and attend team meetings and events. Take breaks when needed and prioritize self-care. Remember, your mental and emotional well-being is just as important as your business success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • HealthNut
  • General Chat
Replies