• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

In Need of Suggestions: Connecting with Out-of-State Directors as a Consultant

In summary, my director is very supportive and caring. I feel like I'm a part of a team with her and the other directors. The monthly meetings are very important to my business and I greatly appreciate her for setting them up.
ihavethetools
I'm somewhat hesitant to put this on here but would like suggestions from my fellow cheffers.
My director is my friend. She's very giving, very caring, when she sets a goal she has the resources to achieve it.
When I was in PC before the director I had always had her meetings and it was a nice time of comraderie with everyone and you naturally felt a part of a group or team.
So my first question is, how important do you think that is to the success of your business?

My first time around the first director always did a newsletter and it was just something that was done. Do most directors do this? Mine doesn't do a newsletter.

I seem to be her only consultant b/c I only hear of other directors in her cluster and haven't seen any of her consultants. We go to a meeting that one of her directors has with 2 of her directors. The other directors do recognition, and pass out conference bucks for various things. Mine does none of this. Although I don't do a lot to be recognized for I wonder if I'd do more if there were some recognition.

She's talked about going to another or her director's meetings rather than the one across town, but still, I know of no other consultants of hers. Maybe I'm just being weird but although I enjoy the other directors consultants I sort of feel like a little shadow or something at the meetings.
I know I need to somehow share with her my thoughts on this, but don't really know how to approach it, and don't even know right now if I'm making any sense. Maybe just putting it out there with you all and see if anyone, maybe a consultant who's director is out of state, how you feel like you are a part. ????

She's talked about going to another or her director's meetings rather than the one across town, but still, I know of no other consultants of hers.

Maybe just putting it out there with you all and see if anyone, maybe a consultant who's director is out of state, how you feel like you are a part. ????

There are several "hospitality consultants" at my cluster meetings. A few of them are new to PC and I honestly couldn't tell you which ones are not part of original cluster.

The question that I have for you is how many consultants did you know at YOUR cluster when you first joined PC? If you knew none, then just look at it as starting over...with a little knowledge already under your belt. You would be broadening your support system and maybe bringing something to the table from the other group. I know that you would be like the new kid in school but I'm sure you can blend. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. And in the infamous words of Dr. Phil, "they can kill ya but they can't eat ya." If you don't get a good feeling then don't go back. Hope this helps.
Valky

How approachable is the Advanced Director? Is the woman whose house you are attending meetings at above your Director? If so, I would strongly encourage speaking with her about it. She may have even noticed the same thing, or not even realized that you were not getting recognition from your Director.
I am also very close with my Director, so I have trouble approaching her with problems. However, my AD has been with the company for a long time and she is very good about speaking with people about any "issues".
Good luck!
Oh yes, and in answer to your very first question:
YES! The monthly meetings that I attend are CRUCIAL to my business. As I've been told by others, it's like my monthly PC vitamin!
My Advanced Director says:
If you've had a slow month, you need us.
If you've had a great month, we need you!

Very importantMy cluster meetings are very important to my business. WE meet once a month and I really look forward to it.
We get recognition, prizes, incentives, and encouragement along with much needed support and brainstorming for ideas when things are slow.
We are a small group but I love my director. Her energy and excitement is contagious.
Your business is run the way you think is best right? You work the hours you want? You advertise and book shows according to your schedule, right?
Then how important is it for you to be a part of a group where you feel appreciated, important, and like one of the gals?
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!
Find a group that makes you feel good. One that helps out your business the most and one that you enjoy going to each month.
Be honest about how you feel and who knows it may change, if not you don't have to stay.
Debbie :D

What is the best way to connect with out-of-state directors as a consultant?

The best way to connect with out-of-state directors as a consultant is through virtual methods such as video calls, phone calls, or email. You can also attend out-of-state conferences and events to network with directors in person.

How can I build a relationship with out-of-state directors?

Building a relationship with out-of-state directors can be done by regularly reaching out to them, offering support and advice, and staying up-to-date on their business and personal interests. It is also helpful to offer to host virtual cooking parties for their out-of-state customers.

What are some ways to increase sales with out-of-state directors?

One way to increase sales with out-of-state directors is to offer exclusive deals or promotions for their customers. You can also collaborate with them to create customized cooking packages that cater to their specific customer demographics.

How can I effectively communicate with out-of-state directors?

Effective communication with out-of-state directors is key to maintaining a successful working relationship. It is important to be prompt in responding to their inquiries, be clear and concise in your messages, and use a friendly and professional tone.

What are some challenges of working with out-of-state directors?

One challenge of working with out-of-state directors is the potential for miscommunication due to distance and lack of face-to-face interaction. It may also be difficult to coordinate schedules and plan events or promotions together. However, these challenges can be overcome through effective communication and proactive planning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmdtrgd
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
chezshelly
Replies
Views
trps