• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Cancel My Presentation Tomorrow Due to Being Sick?

In summary, the speaker is nervous about their FR tomorrow and is considering having their director do it if they are worse. They hope the crowd will participate and have a good time.
Becky0216
I am already so nervous about this FR tomorrow. there is supposed to be around 75 people there and I have to stand up there and talk with no demo.
Now I have a wicked cold as do my children. I feel horrible and am not sure how I am going to pull off standing there for so long talking etc.
Just wanted to cry to everyone here and have a pity party for myself. Too late to cancel, but am considering having my director do it if I am worse tomorrow. Anyone think this is a bad idea?:cry:

Have the crowd participate. Write the directions for each step down on 3 x 5 cards, have the chairperson pick 2 persons per tool demo'd, or per step of the directions: 1 to read the directions to the crowd and 1 to do the demo. Make sure everyone claps for them at the end of each step. I have done this before when I had laryngitis and the crowd had a ball--it wound up being over $1000 with only 7 people in attendance. The chairperson should know who in the crowd would be willing to "show off a bit". You can also have people as "ringers" in the crowd that would stand up and read about cookware, stoneware, simple additions, and knives--pull the info right off the use and care cards or the display cards we have for them (they are downloadable at CC if you can't find them). Give a Hershey's kiss to each participant for their help. It's a lot of fun. Just explain to the crowd that you have a cold and don't want to be near the food--they will get it.

I agree - have the audience participate !!

AND take some medication before you go - and drink tons of water today!!

I am not doing a demo because there is no kitchen.

Play the "got it, love it" game since you're not doing a demo and I'm assuming will at least be doing a walk-through of the catalog, right?

Let the guests do the talking for you. Bring some Hershey kisses or something and explain that you need their input about their own experiences with the products so they don't just have to hear from you the whole time. Throw a kiss when someone volunteers some information. Believe me, they will ALL start talking and basically sell the products for you. Since yo'ure not doing a demo for them to participate with and carry the show that way, this way is the next best thing.

Good luck!!

thanks for the ideas, I think I will do that with the kisses.

I hope you feel better!!

1. What is "Sick With a Big Fr Tomorrow!"?

"Sick With a Big Fr Tomorrow!" is a virtual cooking class offered by Pampered Chef that focuses on creating delicious and nutritious meals for those feeling under the weather.

2. How do I sign up for "Sick With a Big Fr Tomorrow!"?

To sign up for "Sick With a Big Fr Tomorrow!", visit the Pampered Chef website and click on the "Events" tab. From there, you can select the virtual cooking class and follow the prompts to register and pay for the class.

3. What ingredients will I need for "Sick With a Big Fr Tomorrow!"?

The ingredients needed for "Sick With a Big Fr Tomorrow!" will be listed on the event page and also sent to you via email after registration. Typically, the ingredients are common pantry items and any special ingredients will be noted in advance.

4. Do I need any special equipment for "Sick With a Big Fr Tomorrow!"?

No, you do not need any special equipment for this virtual cooking class. However, having basic kitchen tools such as a cutting board, knife, and pots and pans will be helpful.

5. Can I invite others to join me for "Sick With a Big Fr Tomorrow!"?

Yes, you can invite others to join you for this virtual cooking class. Simply register them when you sign up or send them the link to the event page so they can register themselves. Keep in mind that each participant will need to pay for the class individually.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ahammons
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • nay62
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies