• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with Sickness Before My Cooking Show

In summary, your kids have been sick and your first cooking show is tomorrow. You would like to reschedule but don't want to give your friend a bad reputation. You would like to give the guests a heads up and offer to help.
ahammons
My kids have been sick for the last week and a ½... they've had pink eye, then really bad colds, then a stomach bug. My youngest got sick a few time yesterday, but I just thought it was something he ate - I was wrong! He either a) didn't get over the stomach bug like I thought, or b) picked it up again.

The really bad part is that my first cooking show is tomorrow, and I woke up at midnight with this stomach bug too!! This thing only lasted 24 hours for my oldest son, so I'm hoping I will be the same way. But I'm not sure what to do! Should I call the host (who just happens to be my best friend) to let her know, and let her decide whether or not to have it?? I'm just not sure if I'll be better by tomorrow! She's so excited, but a lot of people have been calling her the past few days to say they can't make it after all. I am really looking forward to this show, and don't want to cancel it - but I don't want to get anyone else sick either. :confused:

Personally I would put it off. You don't want to be handling anyone's food if you are not well yourself. I know how disappointing that may be, but if people are cancelling on her anyway, maybe it's for the best. I would call her and let her know that you are all sick and pick a date a few days away and maybe order her an extra little gift for being so understanding.

I hope you all feel better soon!!!

I'm with Dawn. You definitely don't want to make others sick. And, you want to be 100% for your first show!! I know it must be disappointing, but you will be glad you put it off if.

Take care of yourself and hope you feel better soon!

Yes, reschedule it could give you a bad rep.... seriously the guests could get it and think its food poisoning.

It could make it tough to build a business.

Definitely reschedule. When you call your host/friend decide on the new date and offer to help call the guests with the new information about the show.

You probably don't need to offer your good friend anything extra for changing the date but how about a drawing for all the guests who come as a thanks for changing their plans. You could give the one who's name is drawn free shipping or a season's best or a 10% discount on her order or...

Related to Struggling with Sickness Before My Cooking Show

1. How can I still host a successful cooking show if I am feeling sick?

At Pampered Chef, we understand that life happens and sometimes we may not be feeling our best. The key to hosting a successful cooking show while struggling with sickness is to prioritize your health. Make sure to get plenty of rest, stay hydrated, and take any necessary medication. If needed, consider asking a friend or family member to assist you during the show. You can also showcase some easy, no-cook recipes to minimize your time in the kitchen.

2. Can I reschedule my cooking show if I am too sick to host?

Absolutely! Your health and well-being are our top priority. If you are too sick to host your cooking show, please contact your Pampered Chef consultant to reschedule for a later date. We want you to feel your best and give your guests the best experience possible.

3. What if I have already invited guests to my cooking show but then fall ill?

If you have already invited guests to your cooking show but then become sick, don't worry. Your Pampered Chef consultant can assist you in finding a replacement host or even offer to host the show for you. Your guests can still enjoy the delicious recipes and products, and you can still earn host rewards.

4. I have a food allergy or dietary restriction. How can I still participate in the cooking show while sick?

If you have a food allergy or dietary restriction and are feeling sick, please let your Pampered Chef consultant know. They can work with you to find alternative recipes that fit your needs or even suggest substitutions for ingredients. You can still participate in the show and enjoy the delicious food without compromising your health.

5. Can I still earn host rewards if I am sick during my cooking show?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards even if you are feeling sick during your cooking show. Your consultant will work with you to ensure that you have a successful show and earn the rewards you deserve. We value our hosts and want to make sure they are taken care of, even if they are struggling with sickness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • ahammons
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ahammons
  • Crystal Patton