• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Terrible: My Director's Deadline and Sick Days

In summary, the conversation discusses the situation where the speaker was sick and didn't realize that their phone was turned off, resulting in them missing important calls from their director. The director needed the speaker's help to submit a show for an incentive, but the speaker was unable to do so due to their illness. The speaker's husband and other members of the conversation reassure them that it's not their fault and their director should have communicated better. They also discuss the importance of putting the needs of the consultant first and not pressuring them for personal incentives.
ahammons
Because...
1. I'm sick
2. I think my director's going to be upset with me!

I've been sick for the past couple of days, and yesterday was really bad! My husband was nice enough to take the kids with him to run some errands so I could sleep. Well, I didn't realize that he turned off the phone's ringer so that it wouldn't disturb me. I thought it was strange that we didn't have any phone calls all day - it's because the ringer never got turned back on!! I finally realized what was going on around 10:30 lastnight, and I had two voicemail messages from my director. I still haven't qualified, but was hoping to close my first show by yesterday. The host ended up needing a couple more days, so we'll be closing it tomorrow. On the voicemails, my director said that she's trying to get an incentive for new directors and she needed me to submit my show for her to get it - and her deadline was midnight!! I feel awful, because I had no idea she was trying to get the incentive. If I had known that a few days before, I would have really tried to get my host to close yesterday. It was too late to call her back and she will be out all day today, so I can't contact her until tomorrow. I just feel terrible though....I really hope she's not upset with me. :confused:

No offense to your director, but you should submit shows when your hosts need to do them, not for your upline. It's YOUR business. Your director should be thinking about YOU and not what you should be doing for HER.

Thanks! That's basically what my husband said too. I did think it was strange that she asked me almost every day last week about this show...but she never mentioned the incentive. I just really wish she would have told me earlier.

Explain it to her and if she's going to be upset, that's her problem! This is your business not hers! We are suppossed to recruit for the benefit of the person we recruited! It's not about us, it's about them! And your director should know this! If she gets upset, get on this board and vent to us again, we will lift you up and help you feel good about yourself again and I will pray for a speedy quick recovery for you! I can't stand being sick and I refuse to let sickness attack me!:D Last week, my body tried to come down with the flu but my mind said "Oh, heck no!!!" And I refused to buy into it! ;) :) I got over it quick, much quicker than my daughter did before me and I used my quick recovery as an example for her and she has jumped all over that way of thinking, when she starts to feel "yucky" over anything lately she has a strong mind and prays that sickness right out of herself! Of course her Mommy is her #1 cheerleader and I pray it right out of her too!!:D

So hang in there and let us know what happens! Remember this is YOUR business!

You cannot help it if you were sick. I understand your director wanting to earn her incentive but she should have told you upfront about it and asked for your help from the beginning. If I am trying to earn an incentive as a consultant I always tell me host and ask for their help in submitting their show. I hing directors should do the same thing. Ultimately, it all lies with your host and you cannot hlep it if they did not turn it in. Everyone has hosts that need more time, so, I am sure she will understand. And understand that you were sick. If she is mad then she is not putting your needs first.

I am very up front with my team and what I need from them. Women want to help. If she had told you earlier, you could have helped her out. Her loss. Oh well.

I wouldn't sweat it.

Just curious, what are Director's earning?

Thanks everyone, I feel much better already!

I'm not sure what she was trying to earn. She said it was an incentive for new directors.

Since she said she is a new director, I'm guessing she's referring to the Fast Track program where we can earn a briefcase.

sailortena said:
No offense to your director, but you should submit shows when your hosts need to do them, not for your upline.

It's YOUR business. Your director should be thinking about YOU and not what you should be doing for HER.
Exactly!

As far as the incentive: PC offers a new director fast track incentive but I believe that's based on recruiting. Maybe she needed another show to hit her $4000 or maybe her director was offering something. Who knows? If she wanted you to help her she should have asked sooner.

If I have an incentive that requires help from my team (I HATE those by the way) or if I am concerned about hitting $4000 I will ask them BEFORE the last few days of the month if they have sales going in so that I know if I needed to work harder to make up the difference. I encourage them to add bookings to their calendar to increase THEIR income and business but I do not ask them to do it for me. If I benefit, that's a bonus.

We all do our business our way and we have the right to! Don't worry about her being disappointed in you - she should be only disappointed in herself! To give her credit though, she appeared to have tried to not ask you to help her but then she was down to the wire and felt she would give that a try.

I look at it this way - without you she has nothing from you. So with you, she is already getting overrides, etc. Anything above and beyond is extra bonus and she should be thanking you and sharing with you, not hiding an incentive from you and making you feel bad for not submitting a show. Your business will get a lot further caring for your hosts and customers than caring solely for your director. JMHO...

Thanks everyone! I'm finally over whatever I had ... I did send my director an e-mail explaining that I was sick - still haven't heard a word from her, so I have no idea if she's upset or just too busy to get back to me. :eek:

1. How many sick days do I have as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you are considered an independent contractor and therefore do not have a set number of sick days. However, it is important to communicate with your Director and team if you need to take time off due to illness.

2. Can I use my sick days for my Director's deadline?

No, sick days are intended for personal illness or emergencies. If you are feeling overwhelmed with your Director's deadline, it is important to communicate with them and your team to come up with a plan to meet the deadline without sacrificing your health.

3. What should I do if I am feeling too sick to work on my Pampered Chef business?

If you are feeling too sick to work on your Pampered Chef business, it is important to take care of yourself and prioritize your health. You can communicate with your Director and team to see if they can help with any tasks or reschedule any deadlines. Remember, your health should always come first.

4. Can I take a sick day for a non-illness related reason?

Yes, you can take a sick day for a non-illness related reason if you feel it is necessary. However, it is important to communicate with your Director and team and be transparent about the reason for your sick day.

5. What happens if I am unable to meet my Director's deadline due to illness?

If you are unable to meet your Director's deadline due to illness, it is important to communicate with them and your team as soon as possible. They may be able to provide assistance or adjust the deadline. It is also important to prioritize your health and not push yourself beyond your limits. Your well-being is always the top priority.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
my3angels
  • princessmeshelle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jkinak
  • lockhartkitchen