• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Feeling Down....kinda Long Vent....

In summary, Marie-France felt down about herself and her lack of commitment to her business, so she decided to vent to her friends. She explains that she has been struggling with hosting coaching lately and made a mistake with the recipe selection for her show tonight. Despite the mishap, everyone had a good time and she is ready to move on. She has a four-day weekend coming up and plans to spend it simplifying her business.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
I am feeling so down the last little while, I need to vent! I have not been feeling like getting on the phone and my lack of commitment to my biz is showing. So, once I have vented here, I will turn a new page and get back on track.

I have been lacking in the host coaching department. For my show tonight, I just got a call from my host's mother because her daughter is at the grocery store, with a dying cell phone, and needs to know what ingredients to buy for the recipe. So, I give her the list. Then, I realize, I had given the host a choice of OCTOBER recipe, not November, for which she had the list for. You see, when I called her Saturday, she was babysitting, so did not have her packet with her, and I was still in October mode, so automatically gave her those choices. No biggy, I guess, unless she goes home and sees the recipe list and sees that I am a complete loser (ok, not really, but close! :rolleyes:)

Now, all of this could have been avoided if I would have just gotten on the phone to her and did my host coaching properly. Now, I am feeling sick to my stomach and am embarrassed to show my face tonight. I just want to crawl under a rock.....:cry:

I don't know why I do this to myself, because I know that I feel good about things when I'm in touch with my hosts and go over things with them. And, the show ends up (as a rule) being pretty successful. So, why do I do this to myself?? (And to my hosts??) :confused:

Sorry to sound so sour, but I hope that once I get this show over with tonight, I will be able to start tomorrow fresh with a new plan in place (which I have been working on today).

Thanks for letting me vent.......

I wish you luck with your Show tonight!

WTS, I think you need a "ME" day tomorrow. Then on Wednesday - SIMPLIFY YOUR BUSINESS and office. Organize your leads, host info, etc.

Do something different with your biz - maybe it is time for a change/adjustment in what you are doing (offer different recipes, gift packs, different type of show, etc.)

Hey Marie-France don't be so hard on yourself! So you made an error with the recipe selection, so what? Really, I too would be embarrassed and feel horrible/stupid but noone else will think twice about it! The host 'might' look at the recipe list and think 'huh' but she'll be busy planning for her party and it WILL NOT be a big deal. You can either not mention it at all or mention it casually like oops, sorry, overloaded brain/mommy brain/whatever brain. I guarantee they'll all laugh and that will be it!

Then like Jenna said I'd take a day to glow tomorrow after your awesome show you had tonight (it WAS awesome right ;)?) and then get back on the saddle and ride girlie! It's SELLATHON TIME!! :)

Let us know how your show went :)

I am sure the only reason that you gave the wrong month's recipe selection is cuz your head isn't in the right place right now, KWIM?

I want to know your show went! :) and update us on your PERSONAL DAY tomorrow! CHEFFERS ORDERS!!!!!! LOL.

You guys are awesome! :) Well, the show was okay...sales are only at $243, with a couple more orders to come. And (it's kinda funny now), she only had one pie shell, and I didn't have the heart to tell her she really needed two, so we ended up with 16 apple tarts...and, you're right, no one knew the difference! Everyone did seem to have a good time, and they loved the tarts and mojitos, so I guess that's all that matters. Time to "bless and release"...... ;)

As far as the ME day goes, well, it'll have to wait, 'cause I'm working today :(. That's okay though, because I have a four-day weekend coming up!! WOO HOO!

Thanks again you guys....your words of support are very much appreciated! :)

It happens to all of us at some point!

I offer the same 4 recipes all season so I don't have to worry month to month of what to offer!

wadesgirl said:
It happens to all of us at some point!

I offer the same 4 recipes all season so I don't have to worry month to month of what to offer!

Good idea! I think I will start doing that. It would save me time doing up my recipe sheet every month for my packets, and that is my main goal, to simplify! :) Thanks!

So, do you insert their choices in your host packet? If you do, would you be willing to share your word doc....pretty please..... :D

PChefPEI said:
Good idea! I think I will start doing that. It would save me time doing up my recipe sheet every month for my packets, and that is my main goal, to simplify! :) Thanks!

So, do you insert their choices in your host packet? If you do, would you be willing to share your word doc....pretty please..... :D

I have a PDF at home. Before the season starts I try a few recipes from the new SBCB. Then I pick what I want to make for my shows. It varies sometimes. One season I had 6, last season I had 5 and this season I have 4 options. It's so nice to just know what I'm offering all season. I use clear protective sheets in my host packets and the recipe choices go in the front one.

PM me and I'll send it tonight.

Hang in there Marie France. I'm sure your host probably didn't even clue in that you'd made an error. Now you can turn the page with the host coaching & help her post-show, to get lots of outside orders to boost the show sales.

You rock, Marie France. We all know it & you should believe it, too!!

Thanks, Charity! :)

I feel your pain - I've been giving some serious though about quiting PC! This is the first time I have said it out loud here! I just don't have the passion I did before. I think after the first of the year I'm going to take a leave from it and see how it goes.

Okay, it's not working, PM me your email address and I'll email it to you!

I have been at 'that' point before earlier this year. I thought I had lost my passion. So here is what I did:
- took a break from PC - I DID NOTHING RELATED TO PC so I could clear my mind and NOT feel over-whelmed
- organized my business - SIMPLIFIED EVERYTHING - from Host Coaching, to Recipes, to Show Outline
- purchased some new products so I had something new and excited to demo and talk about at shows
- changed my format - I was SO tired of doing Interactive Shows OR regular Cooking Shows - so I tried just doing a No-Demo Show
- Re-educated myself - learned new tips, new product information, etc.
- bought myself something with my commission so I realized WHY I do PC again
- worked on My Story to remember my passion for the business
- got control of my calendar - hilighted days that I wanted to do Shows - PLUS figured what times I wanted to offer those shows
- attended a Cluster Meeting - I learned new recipe ideas, tips, and got to see the absolute passion and excitement in new consultant's faces and eyes
- I talked to my Director A LOT
- gave myself a kick-in-the-butt as a wake up call to realize how I couldn't be a stay-at-home mom without PC

reagarding host coaching calls, I have found if I take the time when the show is booked and write down in my calender when those calls should be made, it gets done. If I don't write it down, it turns into this disaster of "I'll do it tomorrow", next thing I know it's too late, and I feel bad about going to the show. The other thing that has worked well for me is to do their reminder calls. That forces me to do better host coaching as well.

Thanks Jenna and pjpamchef! :)

Jenna - I'm thinking of taking a break in December. I want to work on all those other things you mentioned as well. I want to be re-motivated and ready to go in January!!

Thanks for all the peptalk everyone! :) You guys are amazing!!!! :D

Don't be afraid to mix things up. Many times, in many aspects of life, we get stuck in a rut. And that can cause some negative feelings about things. Take a deep breath, step back, and figure out what you like about your biz. And what you don't like. And then make a change to the things you don't like. You don't need to change it all at once - sometimes a small change to one part of it will cascade through what you do and make you fell better about the rest.And remember, we're here for you. Go ahead and vent. That helps, too.

I agree with Ann 100% - you REALLY need to change things about your business.

Yep, you guys are absolutely right! I need to sit down and reassess EVERY aspect of my business. I don't want to give it up, but that's what's going to happen if I don't change things up so that I'm excited about it again!

Thanks........ :)

A year ago I never would have imagined I'd still be in PC and so committed. I think we all go through slumps. Change your business around totally and see how it works for you. Perhaps lessen the number days a week that you are "working" PC for awhile. I do hope you regain your zest for PC. I have.

1. How can I cope with feeling down?

There are several ways to cope with feeling down. Some strategies include talking to a supportive friend or family member, practicing relaxation techniques like deep breathing or meditation, engaging in physical activity, and seeking professional help if needed.

2. Is it normal to feel down for a long period of time?

Feeling down is a normal human emotion and it is common to experience it for short periods of time. However, if the feeling persists for an extended period of time and interferes with daily life, it may be a sign of a more serious issue such as depression.

3. Can certain foods or supplements help with feeling down?

While there is no specific food that can instantly improve mood, a healthy and balanced diet can have a positive impact on overall well-being. Additionally, certain supplements like omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D have been linked to improved mood in some individuals.

4. What are some self-care practices to help combat feeling down?

Self-care practices can vary from person to person, but some common examples include getting enough sleep, engaging in enjoyable activities, setting boundaries, practicing self-compassion, and seeking out support from loved ones.

5. When should I seek professional help for feeling down?

If feelings of sadness, hopelessness, or worthlessness persist for more than two weeks, it is recommended to reach out to a mental health professional. It is also important to seek help if the feelings are interfering with daily life, such as work or relationships.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jilleysue
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
sherri lynn