• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting About My MK Consultant: Opt-Out Woes!

In summary, the expert thinks that red bull is too pricey, foosh caffinated mints are okay, and Kyo-Green is a health tonic. They do
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
Okay, I am venting, so I'm not putting this in CS so I can ventOkay, I am venting, so I'm not putting this in CS so I can vent sideways! I have a MK consultant on my emailing list. She is there because she wanted to be. She even was my top host in September. This is also the host who had a ton of trouble with FedEx (one of her boxes was stolen....see CS). Anyhoo, I just sent out an email newsletter. I always have the opt-out link at the top. She was the first to open and she opted out!!! I send TWO emails a month. She sends me at least 5 and I have the curtosey to read them and not opt-out!!! Do you think she clicked on the wrong thing? Should I ask her about it? It just miffs me!!!:devil:

I would CALL her and ask her if that was an error on her part or if she really wants to opt out of your newsletters.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking, but I was emotionally involved and didn't know if I was thinking straight!

Thanks!!! She didn't open it and click on the opt-out - her server did?!? Anyhoo, got a different email from her.

it's always good not to jump to conclusions!

Its a hard thing, though, because I don't want to ever push someone to staying on my email newsletter.

Wow! Interesting that her server opted her out!

I had a customer who opted out of my newsletter ask me why she stopped getting it and if I had stopped sending it. I told her I was still sending it every month and that she had opted out. Ended up her husband was "cleaning" out her inbox and came across my e-mail and opted out on her behalf. The only problem is is that I use constant contact and he opted out for her to be opted out forever so I can't add her back in now unless she gives me a new e-mail address and she's not interested in checking more than one e-mail service. Live and learn.

Gads, what a mess of a position that puts one in, huh?

I have only ever had a few people opt out and I always want to ask "WHY?" I didn't understand why people would get my newsletter for a year or so and then decide for whatever reason that they don't want it any longer....I always wished I had the guts to call them and ask why and now I can because I know about this server thing! Thanks!

I normally don't want to ask because I feel it is an infringement on their privacy. That is why I use ConstantContact with an opt-out button.

What kinds do you like? I dont drink coffee or tea so getting caffeine can be a challenge (I try to not drink sodas often). I know red bull is nasty but I've grown to like the taste since it perks me up super fast. I also like foosh caffinated mints but I've been scared to try any other energy drinks that could be less expensive. Red bull is way too pricey for what it is. Any I should try?

I don't really know but I heard that Mona Vie is really good. It is like $40 a week though.

I don't drink energy drinks. Since this summer it has been in the news that energy drinks are not good for you. They get your heart racing so fast it can cause heart attacks. Sodas may be better for you

When I need a boost and don't want more caffeine or the jitters with it, I take a glass of Kyo-Green. Tastes not that great but works naturally. It's also great for the body and energy is really just a side effect of the benefits of taking it. http://www.kyolic.com/html/products/greens/kyogreen.htmI have a friend that takes it as a health tonic a few times a day. I take it in juice... it's not that nasty really but juice makes it taste better.

I think rockstar is fairly tasty. Otherwise I just drink coffee or tea if I need a boost! :)

My hubby is all about Rockstar!! I don't care for any of them really. I was drinking a green tea drink called enviga, it was supposed to help burn calories... it was really good but hard to get... they sold out as fast as they got em.

Admin Greg said:
I think rockstar is fairly tasty. Otherwise I just drink coffee or tea if I need a boost! :)

They were giving out free samples of that where I used to work. I tried it and thought it was disgusting.:yuck:

And the saga continues....I sent out my email newsletter this morning. She opted out again - from a different email address. Did she think I wouldn't see it!?!?! AND I'm pretty sure she was the one who reported me as spam!!! I'm not working with her MK butt anymore!

Kate, I will join your MK vent! My neighbor is an MK rep and she is the pushiest, whiniest, and rudest person I know in the direct sales business! Sometime back, when I first promoted to Director, she had us neighbors to her house for facials. Some of the other neighbors congratulated me on my promotion, but NOT HER! She had to ask "how many do you have under you?" to which I responded...8. She balked at me then stated that with MK you had to have 25 or 30 and that how could a company just let you:bugeye:promote when you really don't have "much of a team".....OI!!!!!

then, I tried one of her products. It really didn't do much for me and I decided to ask my doctor about treating the problem. She gave me a prescription that worked well. When I ran into the MK neighbor again, she asked did I need anymore product and I stated no....then she asked if there was a problem and I told her "I am being treated by a doctor for it".
Do you know that wench had the NERVE to ask me what precription medicine I was on?????:eek: At this point I told her it really wasn't her business to ask that question and we have not spoken since!

Awhile back I was doing some research on the differences between DS companies, and I searched the net...coem to find out there is a whole community of former MK reps that have formed a site that talks about nothing but how much they hate MK!

OK-venting done! I don't play with MK anymore!!! I run the other way...right to my Arbonne lady!

Hehehe....I took myself off her @#$*@#& mailing list - 3 times a week to my 1-2 times a month - and said keep me off ANY MK list. Last month I sent out email invites to a Holiday Bazaar. She emailed me to ask if there was a MK rep there. I said I would ask. Then someone in her upline who she had forwarded the email to emailed me and was very pushy about asking. I never met this lady and she said I should give her the name, number and email address of the coordinator who was putting this on in her house! I said AGAIN that I would ask. Turns out she already had Avon and Body Shop and didn't want another makeup rep. So, the pushy one from the upline put me on HER mailing list!!! What nerve!!! Now I know why people are so hesitant to give out their email address to me!The hard part is that she seems to be sweet and honest...I'm not that good a judge of character, but I can't deal with people who lie to me. I'm better off not dealing with them!

chefmeg said:
Awhile back I was doing some research on the differences between DS companies, and I searched the net...coem to find out there is a whole community of former MK reps that have formed a site that talks about nothing but how much they hate MK!

OK-venting done! I don't play with MK anymore!!! I run the other way...right to my Arbonne lady!

I've seen that website and used to spend hours on there reading their stories. Wow!! :bugeye:That's all I had to say. I couldn't believe what I read. It REALLY made me feel grateful for what I have here!!!

Okay I have to get to the grocery store but I so want to look for that website when I get back!!!!! I'll be babysitting my nephew... looks like it's a video for him and surfing for me!!!!

PS: Can someone PM me the website address so I can save time looking for it? :devil:

Heck, just post it here! I want to see it, too!

There was just something on the news about energy drinks raising blood pressure. I think the point was that for normal healthy people the temporary rise is ok but if you already have high blood pressure it might not be so good.

chefkristin said:
They were giving out free samples of that where I used to work. I tried it and thought it was disgusting.:yuck:

I guess it depends on the flavor you get;)

I need to try this rockstar stuff. I like redbull, but I am game for trying anything. I figure one redbull is less than caffiene than most people drink in coffee in a day so I am not going to sweat it. I only drink one at a time, and not even every day- just when I am in a pinch.

What is the best way to handle a difficult MK consultant?

The best way to handle a difficult MK consultant is to address the issue directly and calmly. Let them know your concerns and how their actions have affected your experience. If the issue cannot be resolved, it may be best to reach out to their supervisor or the company's customer service team.

How can I opt-out of working with my MK consultant?

You can opt-out of working with your MK consultant by contacting their supervisor or the company's customer service team. They will be able to assist you with finding a new consultant or opting out of the program completely.

What should I do if my MK consultant is not meeting my expectations?

If your MK consultant is not meeting your expectations, it is important to communicate your concerns with them. Give them the opportunity to make things right and improve their performance. If the situation cannot be resolved, you can reach out to their supervisor or the company's customer service team for further assistance.

Can I change my MK consultant?

Yes, you can change your MK consultant if you are not satisfied with their performance or if you simply prefer to work with a different consultant. Contact their supervisor or the company's customer service team to request a new consultant.

What is the process for opting out of the MK consultant program?

The process for opting out of the MK consultant program may vary, but typically you can contact their supervisor or the company's customer service team to request an opt-out form. Fill out the form and return it to the designated party. They will assist you with completing the opt-out process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
sherri lynn