• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Direct Sales Trade Offer: MK and Tupperware Catalogs, Spring Book Exchange?

In summary, the other direct sales person emailed me asking if I wanted to do a trade or do some kind of work together. I told her thank you but I'm currently not interested.
pampchefrhondab
I got an email from another direct sales person - she does MK and Tupperware (didn't even know she did Tupperware maybe she just started).

Anyway, she has asked me for catalogs a couple of times, has me on her mailing list, etc. I have never bought from her. In the beginning I told her I already had a MK rep., which I did, but the truth is I really don't buy much. I like Elizabeth Arden makeup and usually get all the blush, eye shadow, etc. free when they have their bonus months.

Anyway, back to the email. She said she was wondering if I wanted to do some kind of trade, or work something out with each of our businesses. She knows a few consultants who trade each other for product. She also wants a new Spring book.

I'm not sure I really want to do this. I use most of my "extra" products on my hosts, booths, etc. If she wanted something I don't have extra of I only get a 20% discount. I really dont' want any MK and can't think of anything I need from Tupperware either.

What should I say to her w/o hurting her feelings? You guys always have the best advice.

Thanks in advance:)!

Maybe her sales aren't what she would like them to be and she's just trying to boost the business a little.
She's probably a perfect candidate for recruiting. MK and TW seem harder to sell than PC. I've done Avon, Tupperware, and Tastefully Simple and I find Pampered Chef to be a better direct sales model, with better support, and far superior products. Not to mention, an amazing host program unrivaled anywhere.

Very easy. You tell her thank you for the offer but right now is not good. Tell her that you are watching your business and personal pennies. And it would not be a lie. You are watching your personal pennies, you do not want them going some place you don't want them to go. (You don' ttell her that of course!) That is all you should have to have to say.

Great idea John- thanks:)! I knew someone here could help me!

According to her she is doing great w/MK - but you just never really know.

Maybe she has extra product left and wants a way to get rid of it. I've heard MK have a lot of stock when the season changes.

Last edited:
You could do as John says and also offer to trade information. She can put your business card or flyer in her bags when she delivers her products and you can do the same when you go to shows and such.

It was listed in the 100 things to do to promote your business or whatever that was on here.

The idea of trading information seems easier, and less expensive. I think most people would be willing to do something like this.Maybe you can do a multi-vendor spring sale with her and some of her friends. Try around Easter before mothers day.

Stick to your guns and don't cave. I traded shows when I first started out, and they rarely ever turn out in your favor.... I traded with Stampin' Up and MK... the MK thing is so uneven because they really only want a couple people at the party and you wind up spending alot to get a little for free, so you wind up with someone who doesn't see the value in a large gathering. Stampin' Up was okay because I wanted to have a party anyway...Anyhoo... I would tell her it's normally your policy to not trade shows but you would love to have her as a host since she seems to love the product catalogs so much.Be wary of those who only wish to tap into your hard-earned list of contacts! I know it seems harsh, but like I said, it always seems so one-sided to me. I've never really been able to break into another group of contacts well by trading shows, and I wind up subjecting my friends to direct selling marketing tactics that I wouldn't necessarily be proud of (BTDT but don't feel like elaborating on it).

1. What is a direct sales trade offer?

A direct sales trade offer is a method used by direct sales companies, such as MK and Tupperware, to allow their consultants to exchange catalogs and spring books with other consultants. This allows for a wider variety of products to be available to customers and can also help consultants reach new customers.

2. How does the direct sales trade offer work?

To participate in the direct sales trade offer, a consultant must first contact another consultant to arrange the trade. They will then exchange catalogs and spring books, which can be used to showcase and sell products to customers. The consultants can also provide each other with advice and tips for selling products.

3. Can anyone participate in the direct sales trade offer?

Generally, only consultants for the specific direct sales company, such as MK or Tupperware, are able to participate in the trade offer. This is because they must have access to the catalogs and spring books in order to exchange them with other consultants.

4. Is there a cost to participate in the direct sales trade offer?

No, there is no cost to participate in the direct sales trade offer. It is simply an exchange of catalogs and spring books between consultants. However, if a consultant wishes to purchase products from another consultant, there may be a cost associated with that transaction.

5. Are there any restrictions on what can be included in the direct sales trade offer?

Typically, there are no restrictions on what products can be included in the direct sales trade offer. However, it is important for consultants to ensure that any products they are exchanging comply with the company's policies and procedures. Additionally, some products may be limited edition or discontinued and may not be available for trade.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookindiva63