• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Tupperware Party: What to Do When You Don't Actually Like Tupperware?

In summary, the girl selling Wildtree herbs called the guy selling Tupperware and asked if he could have a party for her to help her promote her new line of products. The guy said no and told her he didn't think anyone would come. The girl kept calling and emailing the guy until he finally said yes. The guy got a packet in the mail from the girl with catalogs from Tupperware. The guy doesn't like Tupperware and told the girl this. The girl emailed the guy the guest list weeks ago. The guy has decide he doesn't want to do the show and emailed the girl back.
jenniferlynne
Ok, I had a Wildtree Herb party awhile back. Well, the girl that sells it is a pain in the butt. I dread talking to her on the phone. She is very pushy. Anyway, she calls me and tells me she is also selling Tupperware now and wants to know if I can have a party for her to help her out. Well, I do not like Tupperware. They have a few things that are ok, but for the most part, I just don't care for it. IMO Rubbermaid is just as good and much cheaper (it also carries the same warranty). So anyway, she calls and calls and calls and emails bugging me to do one. I tell her that I don't know if anyone would even come. I told her I would send out an email to some friends to see if they were interested. So I did and was surprised to get back about 5 yes responses. So, I finally tell her I guess I will do it (one friend was really wanting me to so she could get some lids replaced). So today I get the mail and there is a packet from her with some catalogs. I hadn't seen a Tupperware catalog in ages and was shocked that most of the products are what PC carries!!!! They have prep bowls (in plastic), veg peeler, julienne peeler, easy open can opener, knives, cookware, utensils, salad chopper etc.... I thought they just mostly had plastic storage bowls!!!!

Now I don't know what to do!!! I don't want to lose business to her!! I didn't tell her this, but part of the reason I decided to go ahead and do the show was because she was thinking of placing a $150 order in January so she could get a piece of cookware 60% off. Well, she ended up not doing it and now I feel stuck. I also emailed her my guest list weeks ago, so she already has all that. Should I just go ahead? I know how I feel when someone backs out of a show they have scheduled!

Go ahead with it and just keep your mouth shut during the demo. I would expect some of your friends to say how much more the like PC version of the same product. You might want to tell her you would rather not specifically show ones that compete with your business and see what she says.I am surprised that Tupperware has gotten so far away from their core products that I don't really want anything from them anymore. I love their midget containers for individual salad dressings in hubby's lunch, but that's pretty much it!

When I had my TW show I asked the host to focus on storage items and things and since I sold PC to please not focus on those products that were PC's trademark. Maybe you could try this?

I know how you feel about having to do one. I won a free show at one I went to and then it ended up not being free. I felt roped into it though and did but it was horrible. It did teach me some things that I will NOT do myself as a consultant!!!

How was it not a free show?

No, I would never say anything negative during the presentation. That would be rude. I hate it when people do that to me.

I looked through the catalog and couldn't even find anything I wanted!!! I figure if I earn anything free, I will just put it towards some of their SpongeBob tumblers for my son.

cmdtrgd said:
How was it not a free show?

When I give away a free show the host does not buy the food or send invites and I had to buy the food to go with the fondue she was making.

I have also noticed that the items TW sales that are like ours they are much higher priced. Like their ice cream scope, knifes, and can opener. But it is a good idea to ask her to focus on the storage items. Plus, whenever I have been to a TW show I have never seen them show anything but their plastic storage items, becuase that is what is always on special.

I wouldn't do itPersonally I wouldn't do it. I mean you wanted to do the show because she was going to order in January $150, which is almost a catalog show, or you could have gone to her house for dessert and coffee and used that as a cooking show.
But since she bailed out on you, I don't see why you couldn't bail out on her. I know you already made plans and invited people so it is up to you.

If you do the show be sure to ask her to have a show for you too. Don't let her get out of it. Even if it's just a catty show.
Debbie :D

cmdtrgd said:
I love their midget containers for individual salad dressings in hubby's lunch, but that's pretty much it!

That's what I use them for too! But there is always a TW kiosk at our local mall, so I can just pick up anything I need there! Actually - the only items ever on display at the kiosk are storage type items......and if people think our cookware is expensive - they should check out the prices of TW cookware!

I had a tupperware party at the beginning of January. She did the Modular Mate demo and didn't even mention the cookware etc. It was cool! I'm now a modular mater!! they were 40% off in january so when my friends booked, that's what i bought at their shows and with my 200 plus in freebies i got other stuff. Got rid of all the rubbermaid last weekend. Now I'm just waiting on my mates to organize my cabinets! tupperware is REALLY slow at shipping....

I HATE tupperware. I have a couple pieces and I always end up fighting to get the lids on. Rubbermaid is much more user friendly!

Do the show! She'll think highly of you.... even though she canceled is no reason to cancel on her.
I did a taste of home show and was honest with the cons. Don't bring your kitchen stuff, my friends are either good PC customers or sell PC it will be extra for you to pack and carry.
Still had a great show and she appreciated my honesty.

jrstephens said:
I won a free show at one I went to and then it ended up not being free. I felt roped into it though and did but it was horrible. It did teach me some things that I will NOT do myself as a consultant!!!

Same thing happened to me. I was guilted into picking something out of the bowl. It turned out to be a "Free Show." I spent more hosting that show than I ever spent on a PC show.

DebbieSAChef said:
Personally I wouldn't do it. I mean you wanted to do the show because she was going to order in January $150, which is almost a catalog show, or you could have gone to her house for dessert and coffee and used that as a cooking show.
But since she bailed out on you, I don't see why you couldn't bail out on her. I know you already made plans and invited people so it is up to you.

If you do the show be sure to ask her to have a show for you too. Don't let her get out of it. Even if it's just a catty show.
Debbie :D

I couldn't have said it better myself!

If you had 5 girlfriends that wanted to go to the party just ask one of them to be the host. You could offer to help set-up or something. I think this is a good option because it doesn't burn the bridge with the TW consultant and you won't get stuck with products you won't use and your girlfriends will still have their party. Win/win/win!

Of course I would remind her about her order for you. "Hey Susie, I know you wanted to get the cookware for 60% off with your large order. I could still put that in for you. I just need to have it submitted by Monday the 5th. You don't want to miss this special. I'll see you at Mary's house on X date for the TW show."

1. What is "What to Do, What to Do?"

"What to Do, What to Do?" is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef that offers delicious, easy-to-follow recipes for everyday meals and special occasions.

2. Are the recipes in "What to Do, What to Do?" healthy?

Yes, the cookbook includes a variety of nutritious recipes that use fresh ingredients and offer options for different dietary restrictions.

3. Do I need to have Pampered Chef products to make the recipes in "What to Do, What to Do?"

No, while some recipes may suggest using certain Pampered Chef products, they can easily be substituted with similar kitchen tools.

4. Can I find "What to Do, What to Do?" in a digital format?

Yes, the cookbook is available as an e-book on our website for easy access on your electronic devices.

5. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options in "What to Do, What to Do?"

Yes, the cookbook includes a section specifically for vegetarian and vegan recipes, as well as options for modifying other recipes to fit those dietary preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
  • kristina16marie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
DebbieJ