• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

'Who's the Boss Star' Selling Tupperware?

In summary, Danny Pintauro, who played Jonathan Bower on the 80's sitcom "Who's the Boss," has come out as a Tupperware salesman. His website advertises having a Tupperware party in people's homes, and he's 34 years old. Some people find this amusing, while others find it offensive.
kristina16marie
Gold Member
so i saw this article on the yahoo entertainment page:
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/former-whos-the-boss-star-is-now-selling-tupperware/48168

Former child star Danny Pintauro -- he played scrappy Jonathan Bower on 80's sitcom Who's the Boss -- has a surprising new gig.

His new career: Tupperware salesman.

As first unearthed by Perez Hilton, Pintauro, now 34, recently launched a page on the official Tupperware site -- enticing potential customers to host a "Tupperware party" with him in their home.

"My name is Daniel and I am a brand new Tupperware Consultant," his intro reads.

"I'm here to party with you and show you that Tupperware is sexy, hip and not just in your grandmother's kitchen! Look out America! Here we come!"

Adds the former star: "If you live in Southern California, I'd love to come to your house and have a party...If you DON'T live in Southern California, I'd love to throw you a party too....but that's a bit trickier (care to fly me there?)."

Pintauro's bio on the site doesn't mention his Hollywood past. "I love to cook, I love to throw parties (my friends call me Martha when I plan a party)," he says, "And I LOVE to save money. I have three dogs [and] I live in Los Angeles."

According to IMDB, Pintauro didn't work much in film and TV after Who's the Boss (costarring Tony Danza, Alyssa Milano and Judith Light) ended its 8-year run in 1992.

He appeared in a 2010 episode of The Secret Life of an American Teenager and in the 2007 film The Still Life. A graduate of Stanford University, Pintauro came out as gay in 1997.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
if he loves to cook and entertain so much, he should have gone with us!

Two things I find interesting. That Tupperware allows that kind of advertizing by their consultants. Talk about unfair competition. ...but then it gets the brand name a boost so I guess I answered that myself.

And, what has his coming out got to do with anything? It's like saying "he's a tupperware salesperson, sure he's a man but he's gay so that makes it okay for him to do that". IMHO, that should have been left out of the article.

I don't think that he did this as advertising. I think it was picked up from the tabloids and they looked at his website. Although it will help him I can't imagine him going to Perez Hilton with the info himself. I hope he is successful with it and it doesn't cause him too much grief now that this is out. The comments on the article show some ridicule, which is too bad. Mara

BethCooks4U said:
Two things I find interesting. That Tupperware allows that kind of advertizing by their consultants. Talk about unfair competition. ...but then it gets the brand name a boost so I guess I answered that myself.

To me it looks like whoever wrote the article just copied right off of his TW website. I don't see anything that looks like an interview. Danny and/or TW may not even know this article has been written. Just the same as if he had chosen to go with PC, someone might have found his site somehow (word of mouth?), and written an article without PC ever being consulted.

BethCooks4U said:
And, what has his coming out got to do with anything? It's like saying "he's a tupperware salesperson, sure he's a man but he's gay so that makes it okay for him to do that". IMHO, that should have been left out of the article.

I agree. I have to say though, the whole tone of the article isn't very professional, more gossippy, which is enhanced by the title of the whole site. There isn't even an author listed.

I know this isn't a relative comment but OMG - he's 34? He's certainly not aging gracefully going by that picture! He should avoid the sun. LOL

I say "good for him!" So many young stars get so messed up. He sounds like one of us... just a normal human being. He was in the spotlight 20 years ago, and we really haven't heard from him since... I think we can leave him alone now.Nothing to see here, people... move on (said in a very loving way!)

The gay thing was no doubt brought to the surface by Perez, a big backer of LGBT things.

I'm watching "Teach: Tony Danza." I think it's funny that one alum of that show is a teacher and another is in direct sales!

Well, maybe he didn't have anybody selling PC in his area! I just looked at a TW book and the chef's knife was $100 more than ours!

1. How did the "Who's the Boss" star become involved in selling Tupperware?

The "Who's the Boss" star, Alyssa Milano, became involved in selling Tupperware through her partnership with Pampered Chef. She joined forces with the company to promote the benefits of using Tupperware products in the kitchen.

2. What makes Tupperware products stand out from other kitchen storage options?

Tupperware products are known for their high quality and durability. They are made from BPA-free plastic and are designed to keep food fresher for longer. Tupperware also offers a lifetime guarantee on their products, making them a popular choice for home cooks.

3. Can I still purchase Tupperware products if I don't know a "Who's the Boss" star selling them?

Yes, Tupperware products are available for purchase through Pampered Chef's website or through their network of consultants. You do not need to know a "Who's the Boss" star personally in order to purchase Tupperware products.

4. How does buying Tupperware products from a "Who's the Boss" star benefit them?

When you purchase Tupperware products from a "Who's the Boss" star, they receive a commission on the sale. This helps support their business and allows them to continue promoting the benefits of Tupperware products.

5. Are there any exclusive Tupperware products available through the "Who's the Boss" star selling them?

Yes, there are some exclusive Tupperware products available through the "Who's the Boss" star selling them. These products may be limited edition or have special designs and can only be purchased through their Pampered Chef website or through a party or event hosted by the star.

Back