• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reminder: Don't Forget to Follow Up!!

Apparently I dropped the ball. :( I had a friend who wanted to host a party this spring. Then it turned into bad timing and she thought the summer. Then she had to have hand surgery, so I didn't want to bug her about it. It seemed every time she was posting on Facebook, she seemed really busy. I assumed too much. I should've asked her about booking again. I invited her to my Fall Kick Off, but she wasn't able to come. I chickened out of asking her to host again.So...today I just get an e-mail invitation to her having a 31 Gifts party. Dang it! :(Lesson learned---don't hesitate to follow up!!!
babywings76
Gold Member
Apparently I dropped the ball. :( I had a friend who wanted to host a party this spring. Then it turned into bad timing and she thought the summer. Then she had to have hand surgery, so I didn't want to bug her about it. It seemed every time she was posting on Facebook, she seemed really busy. I assumed too much. I should've asked her about booking again. I invited her to my Fall Kick Off, but she wasn't able to come. I chickened out of asking her to host again.

So...today I just get an e-mail invitation to her having a 31 Gifts party. Dang it! :(

Lesson learned---don't hesitate to follow up!!!

Also, I had a host who was MIA. I called several times and tried e-mailing her. Her party was supposed to be this Saturday. I was about to give up. I'm so thankful that with each message I was polite and non-assuming. I gave her an "out", like "I know things come up and if you need to reschedule or cancel, I understand. But please let me know so I can plan for things accordingly." or something like that. She called me a few days ago!!! She apologized for taking so long to return my call. She is the legal guardian of her grandmother and her grandmother fell and had broken about everything and was in very terrible shape and in the hospital going through surgery and was unconscious for a week afterwards, etc. It's a mess and stress she's been going through.

But she was super nice and friendly and not annoyed by me at all, apparently, because she asked to re-book. And it's still going to be this month. We chatted for a while and had a nice conversation.

So, again....don't write off those MIA people! Don't assume they are dodging your calls or have changed their minds, or hate DS parties or whatever.

CALL! (Don't harass), but follow up with people, be friendly, approachable, real. It will pay off sometimes! :)

You can still ask your friend to book!! I know people who host parties almost every month. Or maybe she would still like to host before the holidays!

Yeah, I'm going to RSVP to it and then ask her. November is such a great time for a party because people are thinking of gifts and entertaining ideas and things they need to pull off Thanksgiving and Christmas meals. ;)

Plus don't forget about those awesome host specials! Perfect for anyone who loves to entertain at the holidays!

I always tell my hosts that 'life happens' and that for whatever reason they need to postpone their show that is ok, but please asap give me a chance to book the date with someone else. In 12 yrs, I have only changed two bookings and that was when my father passed away and the hosts understood and their shows were over $1000. each when submitted. Follow up is very important and the upbeat friendly message that you leave can most often be the high light moment of a otherwise bad day.

What is the purpose of following up with customers?

Following up with customers is important because it shows that you value their business and are committed to providing excellent customer service. It also gives you the opportunity to address any issues or concerns they may have and build a stronger relationship with them.

How often should I follow up with customers?

It is recommended to follow up with customers within a week of their purchase or interaction with your business. However, the frequency of follow-ups may vary depending on the situation and the customer's preferences.

What is the best way to follow up with customers?

The best way to follow up with customers is through a personalized and friendly email or phone call. You can also use social media or direct mail to reach out to them. It's important to choose a method that the customer is comfortable with and responds to.

What should I include in a follow-up message?

A follow-up message should include a sincere thank you for their business, a reminder of their purchase or interaction, and an invitation to provide feedback or ask any questions. You can also include relevant updates or promotions that may interest the customer.

How can I make sure my follow-ups are effective?

To make sure your follow-ups are effective, be prompt and consistent in your communication, personalize your messages, and provide value to the customer. It's also important to track and analyze your follow-up efforts to identify areas for improvement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cheflorraine