• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Alone and Bothering My Directors?

In summary, Meshelle sometimes feels like she is bugging her director, and others have the same feeling. There are ways to avoid bugging the director, such as emailing first, and making sure the question is relevant to the director's knowledge.
princessmeshelle
does anyone else feel like they are bugging their clustermates/ directors? every time i call them to ask questions that i don't think are stupid i end up feeling like they don't have time for me and my "stupid" questions. i'm left feeling like i'm totally alone and if i can't figure out the answer myself it's my problem. i realize it's my business and responsiblitiy to find the answers to my questions... am i wrong in thinking that i should be able to ask my director questions? i realize these people are busy too, so i try to limit how often i bug ppl. does anyone else feel this way at times?

Meshelle, I understand how you feel. At times it happens, you could be catching someone on a bad day, and maybe they have already answered several calls, and your was just the straw that broke the camel's back. One thing that might help, is to make sure you have looked in the business guide for your answer before calling your director. I know that it is easier to call, BUT, it is frustrating to take a call from a consultant, and they could have answered their own question by looking in the guide first. Also, before I call my director, first I look in the guide, look on Consultant's Corner, and then also search here for the anwer- Once I have exhausted all avenues, I will call her.

Between CC and this site, I hardly ever need to ask my director for help or advice. I send her e-mails to keep her up to date on what I've got going on, or if something exciting happens. I ask her questions that pertain to her knowledge of local stuff, or things that affect our cluster area. I know she has a new baby and 2 other small children, so I try not to call her unless I really am stumped. Instead, I just bug all you guys here on CS! ;)

I don't call my director very often. I usually just email her my quesitons. That way she can answer at her convenience.

I have been a consultant for quite some time, and I still call my director with questions. If I feel like it might be a stupid question I probably could find somewhere, I preface the question with letting her know that but also that I wasn't sure where to look. Also, I do remember that as a newbie I asked hundreds of questions. I am sure I drove my director crazy then, but she never let me know. To me (now that I have a team) I want people to call me like that. It tells me they care about their business enough to even come up with questions. I'm sorry that you sometimes feel stupid about it, but try not to take it personally. New people in ANYTHING have lots of questions, and it's up to the people who have been there for awhile to help them get settled in and get those questions answered. I think that's part of the job for a director (or future director, for that matter)!

Michelle-
You can call me anytime! If I don't know the answer, we'll look it up together! PM me and I 'll give you my cell phone if you would like it.

1. How can I avoid feeling alone when working for Pampered Chef?

One way to avoid feeling alone is to actively reach out to your team and other directors for support and guidance. Attend team meetings and events, and reach out to your upline or mentor for advice and encouragement. Additionally, staying organized and setting achievable goals can help you feel more connected and motivated in your work.

2. What can I do if I feel like I am bothering my directors with my questions and concerns?

Remember that your directors are there to support you and want you to succeed. Don't be afraid to ask questions and seek guidance when needed. However, try to consolidate your questions and approach them in a respectful and considerate manner. You can also reach out to your team members for support and advice.

3. How can I build a strong relationship with my directors?

Building a strong relationship with your directors starts with open and honest communication. Make an effort to regularly check in with them and update them on your progress. Attend training and development opportunities offered by the company and participate in team events. Showing your dedication and passion for the business can also help strengthen your relationship with your directors.

4. What should I do if I feel like I am not getting enough support from my directors?

If you feel like you are not getting enough support from your directors, first try to communicate your concerns with them. Let them know what specific areas you feel you need more support in and ask for their guidance. If the issue persists, reach out to your upline or mentor for additional support and advice.

5. How can I stay motivated and connected with my team and directors?

One way to stay motivated and connected is to set and celebrate small goals with your team and directors. This can help you stay focused and connected with your colleagues. Additionally, participate in team challenges and events, and join online groups and communities for additional support and motivation. Remember to also prioritize self-care and take breaks when needed to avoid burnout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • ahammons
  • General Chat
Replies