• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Unmotivated and Overwhelmed: Seeking Support from Fellow Consultants

In summary, my director is hardly there for us any more and no one in my family understands so I figured I would just bounce things off some fellow consultants. I've had a really rough couple of months where I've barely had the energy to do shows or host coaching. I've been doing them but after I get done I'm so drained I don't have the energy to do much else. Getting off work, driving 35 minutes home, cleaning, cooking dinner, taking care of DH and trying to run a business is catching up with me! I'm sick of trying to call all these people.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Sorry I feel like I'm complaining but I need to get this out! My director is hardly there for us any more and no one in my family understands so I figured I would just bounce things off some fellow consultants.

Since January I've felt so unmotivated. I've had crappy hosts who have put little or no effort into their shows (okay they aren't all like that). Including the one who made me change my business because I'm sick of hosts walking all over me. I've barely kept up with my calls. I usually don't do 3 calls a day because most of the time I don't have the time to do them and my business has been great so far. But since the beginning of February things have been worse. I haven't had as much engery to do shows or host coaching either. I've been doing them but after I get done I'm so drained I don't have the energy to do much else. Getting off work, driving 35 minutes home, cleaning, cooking dinner, taking care of DH and trying to run a business is catching up with me! I have so many calls to make but I just don't have the motivation to do them. Alot of them are people who were interested from a booth I did last summer but all I ever get is a lot of answering machines and run around. I'm sick of trying to call all these people.

I did my one show for March yesterday and I don't have anything booked until April and I'm not really that sad about it. I almost feel like I need a break. I do have 1-2 shows lined up for April and 4 for May. I also have a couple people interested in bridal showers for April or May. So I know if I took a month off to help myself out it wouldn't be that bad but I feel like I'm letting myself down this way.

I've had a good strong business since I started in Nov 2006. I was top sales in my direct line cluster last year with an average sales of $2000 per month, all while working full time. This year is still going strong but I've had alot of shows and feel like they were all pretty low. I'm sure it's because of my lack of positive attitude. I actually had to call my host from yesterday last week and tell her that I felt like I've dropped the ball for her show and wanted to help out by making reminder calls for her. Now she wants ME to follow up with the guests who were unable to make it. That puts more stuff on my plate that I really don't feel like doing right now.

My sister has actually suggested for me to go see a doctor and get a physical to make sure everything is okay. She also suggested I start taking a daily vitamin again to help boost myself. I think the biggest downer is my day time job. I love what I do but hate going to work every day. There so much stress and reliability falling on me it's becoming unbearable. Sorry for going on and on but I needed to just let this all out! Thanks for listening!

I also work full time and have found myself in a 'funk' similar to yours! Advice:
DON"T TAKE THE TIME OFF! I said the same thing = turned in $500 in December, $0 in January - thinking February I would get going again...wrong! So, I missed out on a TON of points!!

We all get down in the dumps sometimes!

I think the advice from your sister is great. Sometimes there is a little something going on inside that we need to know about! Also, if your full time job is causing you undue stress, try sorting that out, also.

DON"T GIVE UP!!!

Just from reading your post, it sounds like you are feeling tired and unmotivated in all areas, not just PC? I think too that your sister's advice is good. I don't know your age, but I know that hormone levels can change at different times of your life, or wacky things can happen with your thyroid......it's a good idea if you haven't had a physical in a while, to get one.

For several years (I know, too long) I felt run down, tired, listless, achy, and it showed in all areas of my life. I finally went to a different doctor (mine wasn't helping me at all) who ran some different tests, and found out this whole time, I had Lyme Disease....plus hypothyroidism. Great combination for all of my symptoms. I started on the right meds and supplements - and WOW! What a difference. I tell everyone that the huge turnaround in my business is because of 3-2-1, and the 30 minute chicken :)D ) but it really all started with feeling better, and having the energy and enthusiasm to take advantage of those things.

Please - get yourself to a Dr. for a physical, and feel better!

Yes I feel your pain too, I had a disapointing booth fair/bingo night last friday and I have been feeling run down and even took a long nap today. I have a show in a 2 weeks, my full time time is draining me too, I can't wait till Spring Break, and I look forward to my whole summer to devote to PC. Together we'll make it, just don't give up!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement, it's what I have really needed. It's not just PC, it's pretty much everything. My job is making me a person I hate to be. I hate being the bad person, the police, just because I have to double check everyone's work because they don't do it themselves before it gets to me. This leads to alot of fights and I'm not a fighting person! My sister is a nurse so I know her advice is really good.

This happens to lots of people in the less than warm states this time of year, too. Not sure where you live, but spring is coming. Sun will shine, again.

Add my voice to the others. See a doctor.You might also want to keep a food diary for several days before your appointment. You can develop a food allergy at any age, and some of the symptoms can mimic depression. Plus, nutrition can make a big difference in your mood. You don't need to do anything fancy, just write down in a notebook what you eat and when you eat it. Don't cheat. Write down everything. You might even begin to see a pattern.Either way, don't make any big decisions while you're feeling out of sorts. You aren't thinking clearly, and you don't want to make any decisions you'll regret.

I just wanted to add one more voice to those telling you to see your doctor. I suspected that I had a thyroid problem years before I was diagnosed, but at the time I didn't have insurance and was told the test was expensive. Finally, once I got insurance and got my thyroid under control, I was still feeling run down. So we ran more tests, and the doctor asked me when I had had mono. I said, "I never had mono," and he said, "Oh, yes you did." Now, I suspect my thyroid got so far out of control that I had mono and didn't even notice, since I was so tired all the time.Also, sometimes lack of motivation can be a signifier of a mild depression, and a simple low dose of anti-depressant works wonders. But either of these problems need to be looked into by your doctor before you can get on track to fix them!Good luck!

jbachen said:
I just wanted to add one more voice to those telling you to see your doctor. I suspected that I had a thyroid problem years before I was diagnosed, but at the time I didn't have insurance and was told the test was expensive. Finally, once I got insurance and got my thyroid under control, I was still feeling run down. So we ran more tests, and the doctor asked me when I had had mono. I said, "I never had mono," and he said, "Oh, yes you did." Now, I suspect my thyroid got so far out of control that I had mono and didn't even notice, since I was so tired all the time.

Also, sometimes lack of motivation can be a signifier of a mild depression, and a simple low dose of anti-depressant works wonders. But either of these problems need to be looked into by your doctor before you can get on track to fix them!

Good luck!

Thanks again everyone for the motivation! I really get no extra encouragement in my life so it's great to hear from you ladies (and the few guys on here!).

I did have mono when I was out of high school, which I was always told stays with you after you get it. I know it knocked me on my butt when I did get it.

I am in my mid twenties, on my way to 30 in a few years:eek: ! I do live in the midwest and we've had a pretty bad winter so I do agree with the cabin fever thing.

I told my DH tonight that I was going to go see the doctor while he's on vacation in two weeks. We usually drive together for work so if he doesn't have to go to work I can leave early or go in late to see the doctor. I will do this, I promise you, my sister and myself that it is time for a change in me. I know that I have suffered from depression alot in my life, it's genetic in my family along with alot of factors that happened in my upbringing. As a teenager, I was mostly seen as rebelious and out of control and I think alot of it had to do with depression no one else saw but myself. I think I am finally getting to a point in my life that I want to be happy and want to be a productive member of society. There are a lot of underlying issues with this too that scare me (I won't bore you with details), so I think finally talking with someone may do me some good. I feel like being able to open up on here has given me a lot of power that I had by keeping it all inside of me! Crazy how that works. So thanks again! And again! Never thought an online group like this would be so great.

And I do love my PC business, it's the best thing that has ever happened to me so I will not let it go away!

1. How can I stay motivated and avoid feeling overwhelmed as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Staying motivated and avoiding overwhelm can be difficult in any job, but especially as a consultant with Pampered Chef. Here are some tips to help you stay on track:

- Set achievable goals: Break down your larger objectives into smaller, attainable goals so you can feel a sense of accomplishment as you work towards your ultimate goal.

- Stay organized: Use a planner or calendar to keep track of your tasks and appointments. This will help you prioritize and manage your time more effectively.

- Take breaks: It's important to take breaks and step away from work when you start feeling overwhelmed. This will help you recharge and come back with a fresh perspective.

- Celebrate successes: Don't forget to celebrate your successes, no matter how small they may seem. This will help you stay motivated and feel proud of your accomplishments.

- Connect with other consultants: Reach out to fellow consultants for support and motivation. They can offer advice, share their experiences, and help you stay motivated.

2. How can I overcome feelings of self-doubt and imposter syndrome as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Self-doubt and imposter syndrome are common feelings among consultants, but they can be overcome. Here are some tips to help you combat these negative thoughts:

- Focus on your strengths: Make a list of your skills, achievements, and positive attributes. This will help you remember your worth and what you bring to the table as a consultant.

- Talk to your mentor: If you have a mentor, reach out to them for support and guidance. They can offer valuable insight and help you build confidence in your abilities.

- Remember your why: Think about why you became a Pampered Chef consultant in the first place. This can help reignite your passion and remind you of your purpose.

- Surround yourself with positivity: Surround yourself with positive and supportive people, both in and out of the Pampered Chef community. This will help boost your confidence and keep you motivated.

- Keep learning: Continuously learning and improving your skills can help you feel more confident in your abilities as a consultant.

3. How can I prioritize and manage my tasks as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a consultant, you likely have a lot on your plate. Here are some tips to help you prioritize and manage your tasks effectively:

- Make a to-do list: Write down all of your tasks and then prioritize them based on urgency and importance.

- Use a planner: Use a planner to schedule out your tasks and appointments. This will help you stay organized and on top of your responsibilities.

- Delegate when possible: If you have a team or support system, don't be afraid to delegate tasks to others. This can help lighten your workload and free up time for other important tasks.

- Set boundaries: It's important to set boundaries and know when to say no. Don't take on more than you can handle, and don't be afraid to turn down opportunities or requests that don't align with your goals.

- Take breaks: Taking breaks is crucial for avoiding burnout and staying productive. Make sure to schedule in breaks throughout your day and give yourself time to recharge.

4. How can I find support and community within the Pampered Chef consultant network?

The Pampered Chef consultant network is a great source of support and community. Here are some ways to get involved and connect with others:

- Attend events: Attend local or virtual events hosted by Pampered Chef to meet and connect with other consultants.

- Join social media groups: Join Facebook groups or other social media groups for Pampered Chef consultants. These are great places to ask questions, share ideas, and connect with others in the community.

- Reach out to your team leader: If you have a team leader, reach out to them for support and to get to know other consultants on your team.

- Host a team meeting: Organize a team meeting or virtual hangout to get to know your fellow consultants and build a sense of community within your team.

- Attend training sessions: Take advantage of training sessions offered by Pampered Chef to not only learn new skills, but also connect with other consultants.

5. How can I overcome the fear of failure as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Fear of failure is a common obstacle for many consultants. Here are some tips to help you overcome this fear:

- Remember that failure is

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • NooraK
  • General Chat