• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Request: Mission Trip to Haiti | Seeking Guidance and Support

In summary, the individual had requested prayers for a mission trip to Haiti that their church was organizing. They expressed their fear and concerns about going, including childcare and their husband's support. Others offered advice and shared their own experiences with mission trips. The individual was looking for guidance and support as they discerned if this was the right mission for them.
peichef
So this is the frist time I've requested prayers from all you prayer warriors on CS.

At church on Sunday, it was announced that, in addtion to the 2 missionaries in Haiti that our congregation sponsors, 8-10 congregation members will have the opportunity to go on a mission trip to Haiti.

I've been praying about it since Sunday. I really want to go. I feel called to go.

I also have a lot of fear. Every time I think about the possibility of going, I think of the possibility of something happening, and me not making it home to my own kids.

There is also the concern of how willing DH would be to make it work. The trip will be at the end of May. The kids will still be in school & that time of the year is when the busy season at DH's work starts to kick into high gear. There is no one else who could watch our kids, so the drop off, lunch & afterschool duties would fall to him.

I could use your prayers.... I need the wisdom to determine if God is calling me to this mision, or if I'm calling myself. We will be doing future trips, so there will be other opportunities if I don't go this year.

Maybe my fear is just a challenge to my faith. I don't know. But i sure could use your prayers to help me figure all this out.
TIA

I am praying that you are guided.

Talk with your husband about it and tell him how strongly you feel about this. Ask him to help you see if there's a way that this can be worked out.

We needed to travel to another state to house hunt. It was during the school year and we had no family near by to help with the kids. We were able to find a friend of each of our sons whose parents allowed them to stay with for the time we were away. Those parents were such a blessing! They all said they had to get their son to school, etc. anyway so one more was nothing. Maybe something like that would work for you.

I will keep you in my prayers for sure! Cast all your worries and fears to God and he will handle them all for you. If he is calling you for this mission then just continue praying every free moment you have that things will work out according to his divine plan, including childcare and other worries.

Psalm 55:22 (New International Version)
22 Cast your cares on the LORD
and he will sustain you;
he will never let
the righteous be shaken.

1 Chronicles 16:24 (NIV)
24 Declare his glory among the nations,
his marvelous deeds among all peoples.

Psalm 18:49 (NIV)
49 Therefore I will praise you among the nations, O Lord;
I will sing praises to your name.

Psalm 55:22 (New International Version)
22 Cast your cares on the LORD
and he will sustain you;
he will never let
the righteous be shaken.

I will keep you in my prayers that God will give you direction and help you with a plan. As you know he is in control and the only advice I can give you is to pray with out ceasing that God will help you figure out his plan with you and direct you in the right path with childcare and anything else that you are needing. This is awesome work that you are thinking about doing but do not be discouraged.

God Bless You

I agree with Dawn if God is truly calling you all your worries will work out before you need to go. I will pray for discernment for you during this time of need. I will also pray for your families understanding, and support. May God use you as you and He see fit.

Charity - I hope your husband supports you. If you want to know more about Haiti and what to expect, please PM me your e-mail. A co-workers wife coordinates a mission organization to there and travels there at least twice a year. I'm sure she's be willing to chat with you about what to expect and where you may be heading. She's a great lady!Jump on our "Christian Service" group too and post your request there.We'll pray that you have clarity in this decision and safety WHEN you go! :)

1. What exactly is "My First Prayer Request"?

"My First Prayer Request" is a collection of simple and delicious recipes designed to help kids learn the basics of cooking while also incorporating prayer into their daily routine. Each recipe is accompanied by a corresponding prayer that kids can say before or after cooking.

2. Is "My First Prayer Request" appropriate for all ages?

Yes, "My First Prayer Request" is suitable for kids of all ages. The recipes are simple enough for younger children to follow with adult supervision, and the prayers can be customized to fit the beliefs of each individual family.

3. Can I use my own ingredients for the recipes in "My First Prayer Request"?

Absolutely! We encourage families to use ingredients that they already have on hand or that align with their dietary restrictions. The main goal of "My First Prayer Request" is to teach kids how to cook and pray, not to follow specific ingredient lists.

4. Are there any allergen-friendly options in "My First Prayer Request"?

Yes, many of the recipes in "My First Prayer Request" can easily be adapted to accommodate various allergies and dietary needs. We also provide substitution suggestions for common allergens in each recipe.

5. Are there any additional resources or tips included in "My First Prayer Request"?

Absolutely! In addition to the recipes and prayers, "My First Prayer Request" also includes helpful tips for cooking with kids, as well as suggestions for incorporating prayer into daily routines. There is also a section for parents with information on the importance of cooking and praying together as a family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• laurichef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies