• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Request Update: Surviving a Military Deployment Separation"

In summary, Ashlee has been through a tough time recently due to her husband's one year tour of duty. She has been praying a lot and has been able to talk more today. Her husband is coming home for his mid-tour in three months and they have a lot of rebuilding to do.
ahammons
I posted a prayer request a while back for DH and myself. Next week will mark 4 months down of his one year tour, and I'm not going to lie - it's been really tough! We've had some issues, especially over the past couple of months. The bad thing is that his schedule rarely allows us to talk more than a few minutes each day. I've been praying so much - some days I feel like I'm in constant prayer about this. Well, we were able to talk a little more today, and I'm finally feeling better about everything. We both realize that this is going to be a rough year, and that we have a lot of reconnecting and rebuilding to do when he comes home on mid-tour and when he's home for good. We have three more months until he's home for his mid-tour. I know that there are a lot of prayer requests on here, and I try to read through as many as I can - I know how powerful prayer can be! I pray that God helps us get through this time and helps us to have a much stronger marriage in the end. I am asking that you continue to keep us in your prayers as well.

Ashlee - I can't even imagine being separated from my husband for that length of time. My heart and my prayers are with you.

Keep strong and focused on each other - you can make it! We'll be praying!

First of all... thank YOU for your sacrifice for our country and your husband's also. I will pray that you can both be brave and courageous and get through this long separation. God WILL carry you... keep leaning on Him!

Ashlee, I can really understand your hard time. When my DH spent a year in Iraq, I had a real tough time. I cried many nights after I would put our kids to bed. Not having time to talk really affected my emotions. I prayed for his safety all day everyday. I will share this advice with you. Make it a priority to write him letters, emails, or whatever you can. Getting out what you have to say really helps. Journal for your ownself too. KEEP BUSY! Get involved at church, community or schools. Time passes a lot faster when you can use chuncks of time to get by. For example, three weeks until Thanksgiving, then only four from there to Christmas.
My DH didn't come home from Iraq until 8 1/2 months for his mid-tour leave.

Also find an FRG and get involved there.
Feel free to PM me anytime!
Jennifer

Thank you everyone!

Jennifer, thanks for the advice! We've been separated before, but this is the longest (and hardest) so far. I'm trying to stay busy, but there are just some days that I don't even want to get out of bed - I'm sure you know the feeling. And I completely know what you mean about having an effect on your emotions, it's terrible sometimes. I've been e-mailing him and writing letters like crazy... it does seem to help! We actually aren't at a military installation right now - we moved from our previous base to be with family while he's away. Our next base is about two hours from here.

Thank him, for me. Even though Veterans Day is Monday, you should thank a soldier everyday!

My hubby was in Iraq in 2003, at the start of the war. He was gone a year. I made sure I kept busy (before I had PC in my life), I was an avid seller on ebay, working, taking classes at college...

Prayers to you and yours!

You're both in my prayers. I know it's difficult. The Furry Guy went on 6-month and 9-month floats when he was a marine, and those weren't during a time of conflict. I can't imagine how difficult this is for both of you. Again, I'll be praying.

Gosh, you are both in my prayers! My two best friends are Army wives and I just try to keep them busy while the DHs are deployed! Before our babies were born we had many a sleepover!

Thank you both for what you are doing to support our freedom.

Thank you all for the prayers. I'm having a very rough day today - we had a huge fight this morning (I admit it was mainly my fault) and I'm right back to the way I was feeling before. :( I guess I just don't see how our relationship can change so much from day to day. It's really frustrating! :cry:

Ashlee, I couldn't even imagine being away from my husband. You both are in my prayers. Stay strong.

Emotions are fickle. Rely on what you know. You love one another, and you're committed to making your marriage work. Those are things you can count on.

1. What is the purpose of "Prayer Request Update: Surviving a Military Deployment Separation"?

The purpose of "Prayer Request Update: Surviving a Military Deployment Separation" is to provide support and encouragement to those who have loved ones serving in the military and are going through a deployment separation. It is a way for individuals to share their prayer requests and updates on their situation, and for others to offer their thoughts and prayers.

2. Who can participate in "Prayer Request Update: Surviving a Military Deployment Separation"?

Anyone who has a loved one serving in the military and is going through a deployment separation can participate in "Prayer Request Update: Surviving a Military Deployment Separation". This includes family members, friends, and even members of the military community.

3. How do I submit a prayer request or update on my situation?

To submit a prayer request or update, you can either post on the designated thread on the Pampered Chef website or social media page, or you can send a message to the designated contact person. Make sure to include your name, the name of your loved one, and any specific prayer requests or updates you would like to share.

4. Can I share personal information or details about my loved one's deployment?

We ask that you please refrain from sharing any personal information or details about your loved one's deployment. This is to protect the privacy and security of our military members. You can share general updates and prayer requests without disclosing specific information.

5. Is there a deadline for submitting prayer requests or updates?

There is no specific deadline for submitting prayer requests or updates. The thread will remain open for individuals to share their thoughts and prayers at any time, as long as it is in accordance with our guidelines and policies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
  • GourmetGirl