• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Pray for Our Upcoming Mission Trip?

In summary, Diane's group went to GR for a service/mission trip. They were hosted by LaGrave Ave. CRC and met some great people while there. They also had a 4 year old who did great.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Hey all. I've barely been able to be on these last few weeks. It's been very crazy. My DH and I leave with our youth group in about an hour for a service/mission trip to Grand Rapids ... some of your own stomping grounds. Anyway, if you could remember all of us in your prayers all this week I'd appreciate it. My kids here at home too please? My 4 year old is very tearful about it and so am I. Satan has been fighting this hard especailly this last day so we KNOW that GOD has great things planned if the enemy is fighting so hard to keep us home and discouraged. Thanks in advance...we really need some major cover! I love you all!

Prayers said. I hope that your trip is wonderful. Many years ago my DH and I went with our church youth group on mission trips and they were a wonderful experience for the kids and the adults.

Prayers your way Diane - have a safe and wonderful trip!

Prayers said Diane. Let us know how the trip went when you get back. I pray that God will move upon your group and lives will be changed. I hope you 4yr old is doing ok, too.

Diane, I can't wait to hear how God has moved during that trip! I will keep you, DH, your kids, and all the kids on that trip in my prayers. God has amazing things planned for all of you!

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/1226617200

You're on the list Diane! Have a safe and productive trip and I pray the kiddos do well!

Awww Diane! You are coming to GR the day I am leaving!

Prayers being lifted up for you and the kids right now! Hope your trip is a good one - I KNOW God will use you!

When you get a chance, PM me and let me know where you are in GR...what you are doing!

Prayers said Diane. Enjoy your week in my old stomping grounds, too.

Last edited:
I'll be praying!

Ill keep you and your family in my prayers.

WE ARE HOME!!!!!! GOD IS SO COOL! HE was SO busy changing hearts and building His kingdom and building new friendships. The entire trip was such a blessing and we are praying that the people and agencies that we worked for were blessed and seed were planted in Jesus name. We were downtown GR. We were hosted by LaGrave Ave. CRC.
I'm astounded by the homelessness and poverty. We met some cool folks and heard the most AMAZING testimonies of God's work in many lives. Drugs and money and illness and alcohol rob so many of what they have worked hard to achieve and life without Jesus, whether we live in a good home or on the street is totally empty. God is raising up a super generation of youth that I pray will grasp the vision to equip the world with Jesus love through change. Our 4 year old did SO GREAT all week! My older girls had their hands full with our kids and an extra child here of our other youth leaders. Bless this girls heart, she was sick with strep when we had to leave and she had a very long week without her parents. For today, I need a nap (got home at 1AM) and I'm beginning the laundry that accumulated all week plus what we brought home. Funny thing... without me here, the laundry doesn't MAGICALLY get done! :)
Thank you ALL for your prayers! They were not in vain! God is so good all the time... all the time, God is good!

I am so glad things went to so well. You have touched God's kingdome for a long time to come. You never know when something you all done this week will enter into someone's mind and continue your work. God is good! His word will not return void!:angel:

Wonderful Diane - glad you had a safe trip too!

quiverfull7 said:
We were hosted by LaGrave Ave. CRC.

Aww, LaGrave is awesome. Was Jolene De Heer around? I love her. I worked with her husband at Calvin and worked with both of them tons through Youth Unlimited. She is a gem.

Glad to hear your trip was blessed. Go get some rest!

Glad all went well Diane! Your last sentence reminds me of the song "God is Good All The Time." Get some rest...:):):):):):)

DebbieJ said:
Aww, LaGrave is awesome. Was Jolene De Heer around? I love her. I worked with her husband at Calvin and worked with both of them tons through Youth Unlimited. She is a gem.

Glad to hear your trip was blessed. Go get some rest!

Jolene was our speaker all week. I just love her! She's so gifted by God.
And when she's around you don't need to wear eye makeup because you either laugh so hard you cry or you just plain cry because of her messages.
She connects so completely with kids. We got to meet her husband on Friday night. He's a sweetheart too.

quiverfull7 said:
Jolene was our speaker all week. I just love her! She's so gifted by God.
And when she's around you don't need to wear eye makeup because you either laugh so hard you cry or you just plain cry because of her messages.
She connects so completely with kids. We got to meet her husband on Friday night. He's a sweetheart too.

That's so good to hear. She is a fantastic speaker and really takes an interest in what is going on in kids lives. She was our speaker one year when I took our youth group to a SERVE trip in Bradenton. It was a small group, so we got to connect with her a ton. Loved it!

I missed you Diane!!! :) I'm so glad you are back and Praise God for hearing our prayers and for leading all of you to work through Him in the lives and hearts of others!!

Get some rest- the laundry will be there tomorrow! :)P LOL

Kitchen Diva said:
Get some rest- the laundry will be there tomorrow! :)P LOL

And the next day and the next day and the next day ... sigh... :)
The good thing about that is that if my little (and older) blessings
were gone I'd be so sad so I'll pray over them as I wash and fold their
MOUNTAINS of laundry! :)

quiverfull7 said:
WE ARE HOME!!!!!! GOD IS SO COOL! HE was SO busy changing hearts and building His kingdom and building new friendships. The entire trip was such a blessing and we are praying that the people and agencies that we worked for were blessed and seed were planted in Jesus name. We were downtown GR. We were hosted by LaGrave Ave. CRC.
I'm astounded by the homelessness and poverty. We met some cool folks and heard the most AMAZING testimonies of God's work in many lives. Drugs and money and illness and alcohol rob so many of what they have worked hard to achieve and life without Jesus, whether we live in a good home or on the street is totally empty. God is raising up a super generation of youth that I pray will grasp the vision to equip the world with Jesus love through change. Our 4 year old did SO GREAT all week! My older girls had their hands full with our kids and an extra child here of our other youth leaders. Bless this girls heart, she was sick with strep when we had to leave and she had a very long week without her parents. For today, I need a nap (got home at 1AM) and I'm beginning the laundry that accumulated all week plus what we brought home. Funny thing... without me here, the laundry doesn't MAGICALLY get done! :)
Thank you ALL for your prayers! They were not in vain! God is so good all the time... all the time, God is good!

Diane - that is so great! Glad to hear that God was at work, and all went well. Once upon a time, in another life, I sold church supplies and pastoral robes, etc....to LaGrave Ave. CRC. They are really down in the heart of the city.

Our church is starting a church plant in the inner city in October. I think someplace on Monroe Ave.....

Diane...I am so glad to hear how God worked while you were there...and like Jennifer pointed out, He will be working "in secret" in the hearts of those who you don't even know you touched! He is just so amazing!

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/1226617200

Related to Can You Pray for Our Upcoming Mission Trip?

What is "Prayers When You Get a Minute"?

"Prayers When You Get a Minute" is a collection of short, simple prayers that can be read or recited in just a few minutes. They are designed to provide comfort, guidance, and inspiration in moments of quiet reflection or throughout the day.

Who can benefit from "Prayers When You Get a Minute"?

Anyone can benefit from these prayers, regardless of their religious beliefs. They are meant to be inclusive and can be used by people of all faiths or no faith at all. The prayers cover a variety of topics and can be helpful for individuals facing different challenges in life.

How many prayers are included in "Prayers When You Get a Minute"?

There are 50 prayers in this collection, providing a wide range of topics and themes to choose from. They are carefully curated to offer a diverse and meaningful selection for readers.

Can I use these prayers in a group setting or for public speaking?

Yes, these prayers can be used in group settings or for public speaking. They are meant to be shared and can be a great addition to group prayer or meditation sessions. Please note that these prayers are for personal use only and should not be sold or used for profit without proper permission.

Can I personalize these prayers for my own needs?

Absolutely! These prayers are meant to be used as a guide and can be adapted or personalized to fit your specific needs or beliefs. You can add your own words or intentions to make the prayers more meaningful to you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies