• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seeking Guidance on Confirmation Trip Dilemma

In summary, Lauri's daughter is supposed to go on a missionary trip next week, but her father won't let her go because of an argument they had. Another leader called her to make sure she would be there, and Lauri agreed to let her go, but her husband won't hear of it. The end result was that Lauri cried and went to bed. Prayers for Lauri and her family!
laurichef
Gold Member
I am having some issues w/ my daughter's confirmation leader, who is also assistant to the pastor. Long story short...
She is supposed to go on a mission trip next week, but DH will not let her go because of him and his behavior (he's just obnoxious, and we had a huge disagreement and he truly hurt my feelings, and never apologized. More to it, but too many details...)
Anyway, another leader called to make sure I would be attending the info meeting, and I told her dd was not going. After a long conversation w/her, I agree that dd should go, but DH won't hear of it. He wants me to leave the church, find a new one, etc... DH does not understand what this means to me.

So my request is for guidance as to how to handle this trip dilemma, patience and understanding for my DH, and guidance as to how to handle the leader who made me so angry and hurt.
Hoping you prayer warriors can help Dh see the Light.

Thanks so much

It is hard for your DH to see it from your perspective but he is only trying to protect your DD. I don't believe a person should leave a church based on one person's behavior. I am sure there will be other adult leaders on this mission trip.

However, I will pray. I remember having "obnoxious" leaders when I was in youth group but it never discouraged me from participating and going on mission trips. It actually made me more tolerant of others.

May God bless your family!

Lauri, prayers for sofented hearts and that 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 will really come out in all those involved.

laurichef said:
I am having some issues w/ my daughter's confirmation leader, who is also assistant to the pastor. Long story short...
She is supposed to go on a mission trip next week, but DH will not let her go because of him and his behavior (he's just obnoxious, and we had a huge disagreement and he truly hurt my feelings, and never apologized. More to it, but too many details...)
Anyway, another leader called to make sure I would be attending the info meeting, and I told her dd was not going. After a long conversation w/her, I agree that dd should go, but DH won't hear of it. He wants me to leave the church, find a new one, etc... DH does not understand what this means to me.

So my request is for guidance as to how to handle this trip dilemma, patience and understanding for my DH, and guidance as to how to handle the leader who made me so angry and hurt.
Hoping you prayer warriors can help Dh see the Light.

Thanks so much

Also- sometimes God puts irritating and obnoxious people in our paths because they are like sandpaper to us and we need smoothing out around the edges somewhere... ;)

Kitchen Diva said:
Also- sometimes God puts irritating and obnoxious people in our paths because they are like sandpaper to us and we need smoothing out around the edges somewhere... ;)

Would that be DH, or obnoxious wanna-be-pastor (OWBP) ? LOL.

Actually, I just had a discussion w/ DH, and he basically feels we are all being brainwashed, and does not want dd in his presence for fear that his ideas are over the top, and he has too much influence over dd.
DH just does not get it. Yes, OWBP is over the top, and his standards are sometimes ridiculous, but he is not in charge of this trip. He will be there, but just overseeing.
The end result to this chat was DH going to bed, and me crying over the keyboard, and no answer as to what to do about the trip. I am so frustrated.

Sorry, I just had to vent a little.

May God give the softening and change to your DH's heart that needs to happen for your dd to make this trip. Jesus, be all around about this family and bless and guide. You've been through everything we have to walk through. Please make it impossible for this father to stand in this childs way. Jesus, help the father understand that if satan is fighting this hard to keep her home, then YOU, dear Jesus, must have very special plans for her to see YOU on this trip! To God be the glory! Amen

Related to Seeking Guidance on Confirmation Trip Dilemma

1. What is a confirmation trip dilemma?

A confirmation trip dilemma refers to a situation where someone is unsure about whether or not they should attend a confirmation trip. This could be due to conflicting schedules, financial concerns, or personal reasons.

2. How do I know if I should go on a confirmation trip?

The decision to go on a confirmation trip ultimately depends on your personal circumstances and priorities. Consider factors such as your budget, work schedule, and any other commitments you may have. It's important to also think about the purpose of the trip and if it aligns with your values and goals.

3. What are the benefits of going on a confirmation trip?

A confirmation trip can be a meaningful and transformative experience. It allows you to deepen your understanding and faith, connect with others, and gain new perspectives. It can also provide a sense of adventure and help you step out of your comfort zone.

4. How do I prepare for a confirmation trip?

Start by researching the location and activities of the confirmation trip. This will help you pack appropriately and mentally prepare for the trip. It's also important to communicate with your group leader and ask any questions you may have. Finally, make sure to take care of any necessary paperwork or payments before the trip.

5. What if I have concerns or questions during the confirmation trip?

If you have any concerns or questions during the trip, don't hesitate to reach out to your group leader or other trip participants. They are there to support and guide you. You can also turn to prayer and reflection for guidance and peace of mind.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
twinchefs
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • Dayna
  • General Chat