• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal My Darling Husband Has Caused a Dilemma!

In summary, your husband bought you two tickets to see the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Special with the Rockettes. However, due to a conflict you have, you can't go. The show only happens for two days, and you have other shows scheduled for that time. You would have to ask the host if she could choose a different date or have someone else do it.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Some background:
I have always wanted to see the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Special w/ the Rockettes.

Now:
For the first time ever, and for this year only, they are in Grand Rapids for 2 days only. I knew it probably wouldn't be possible to go, so I haven't said anything much about it, although anytime I see the commercial, I stare longingly at the screen.:D
This morning, the commercial came on again, and DH said "would you like to go to that?" I told him I'd love to, but I knew tickets were expensive, and I didn't think it would be possible.
At that point he jumped up off the couch, and went outside to his truck, and brought in 2 tickets for the show that he had bought online at work. I cried (just a little) because I was so touched by his thoughtfulness and the fact that, although it's probably about the last thing he wants to do, he did this to surprise me.

BUT here is the dilemma: I have a show that night!:eek: DH apologized up and down for not checking the calendar first - he is so sweet - he said he got all caught up in looking at the tickets online when he saw that there were 2 really good seats still available that he just told Trish (receptionist/secretary who was helping him search)to get those tickets.
the tickets are non-refundable. The show is only in town for 2 days, and I have shows on both days...so it wouldn't do any good to try switch to the other day.
I was going to send out the paper invites today, but the host has already sent out e-vites (her own, not from my website) to people, and she has told me several times how excited she is to be doing the show (It's a Power Cooking Show). Now, although my calendar is full for shows, I do have some dates that I wouldn't normally do shows that I could use for this show.

Would you:

1. Call and ask the host if she could choose another date

or

2. Give the show to another consultant

I have to make a decision today......:eek:

What a thoughtful gift!! Lucky you!

I would tell the host and offer her the choice of changing her date or having another consultant do it (check with the consultant first to be sure she's open). She booked with you so she should be given the option - IMHO.

I would totally explain the situation to your host and ask if she can switch to another date...I'm sure she'd understand!

You better go to this! Your dh was just toooo sweet to do that for you, you are very lucky!!!

call the hostess-be honest if she is willing to
One do it herself its her party--recruit
two ask to switch the date-
three give it to someone on your team--THANK YOUR HUBBY----IT IS THE BESTEST SHOW EVER--we go every other year!!

Last edited:
Wow! you guys are quick readers!:balloon:

Okay - I think I will just call her, and see what she wants. She is a sweet girl, and I don't want to disappoint her.

Morfia - She has been talking it up big as a Power Cooking Show...I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want to do it herself. She's single, and just learning how to cook. I think that might be a little too frightening for her. She is also a jewelry consultant....but I am still offering her the FABULOUS opportunity we have right now!:thumbup:

Oh, Becky! That is a dilemma. I agree with the others. Hope it works out for you. It will.

Change the show.You really don't have to explain why, just tell her you have a conflict and either have to change the date or have it done by another consultant.If you bail on the tickets, the likelyhood of your DH ever doing something like that again drops to a very low level. Guys are funny that way - when we do something special, and it doesn't appear to be appreciated, we tend to not do anything like it again.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Change the show.

You really don't have to explain why, just tell her you have a conflict and either have to change the date or have it done by another consultant.

If you bail on the tickets, the likelyhood of your DH ever doing something like that again drops to a very low level. Guys are funny that way - when we do something special, and it doesn't appear to be appreciated, we tend to not do anything like it again.

great advice--Nice to know an inside opinion---

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Change the show.

You really don't have to explain why, just tell her you have a conflict and either have to change the date or have it done by another consultant.

If you bail on the tickets, the likelyhood of your DH ever doing something like that again drops to a very low level. Guys are funny that way - when we do something special, and it doesn't appear to be appreciated, we tend to not do anything like it again.

Thanks KG for the male perspective. I did tell him this morning before he left that I would take care of it today.:)

Oh - and I baked some fresh chocolate chip cookies to pack in his lunch.....

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Change the show.

I don't think she would even consider bailing on the tickets. - I sure wouldn't. No option there!

I think she SHOULD tell the host why - she would totally understand and be more willing to be flexible. If you don't say why they might think you rescheduled for a different host and she (1st host) isn't as important to you. I know that I have a policy that I NEVER cancel on a host ...unless something like this would happen or I was too sick.

< I know Becky can speak for herself but I just wanted to comment for those new consultants on the forum who might wonder about this kind of issue. >

Edit: there you go - we were typing at the same time.

ChefBeckyD said:
Thanks KG for the male perspective. I did tell him this morning before he left that I would take care of it today.:)

Oh - and I baked some fresh chocolate chip cookies to pack in his lunch.....

Chocolate chip?

That's better than anything I ever got for being a good guy.

Well, not really, there is at least one thing better than chocolate chip cookies, but you get the idea.

BethCooks4U said:
I don't think she would even consider bailing on the tickets. - I sure wouldn't. No option there!I think she SHOULD tell the host why - she would totally understand and be more willing to be flexible. If you don't say why they might think you rescheduled for a different host and she (1st host) isn't as important to you. I know that I have a policy that I NEVER cancel on a host ...unless something like this would happen or I was too sick.

< I know Becky can speak for herself but I just wanted to comment for those new consultants on the forum who might wonder about this kind of issue. >

No - I wouldn't! This is a show I've always wanted to see, and for him to be thoughtful enough to make it happen for me. Wow! What a gift.

The only time I've ever canceled a show was because I had pnuemonia. (sp?)

I'll work it out - I just was wondering if I should just line up a different consultant, or ask her first if she can switch the date. I'll ask her.:thumbup:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Chocolate chip?

That's better than anything I ever got for being a good guy.

Well, not really, there is at least one thing better than chocolate chip cookies, but you get the idea.

Ummm, that's probably on the menu too.;)

ChefBeckyD said:
Ummm, that's probably on the menu too.;)

Oh, that's nice of you! I just love Sweet & Sour Chicken!

BethCooks4U said:
What a thoughtful gift!! Lucky you!

I would tell the host and offer her the choice of changing her date or having another consultant do it (check with the consultant first to be sure she's open). She booked with you so she should be given the option - IMHO.

I second that! :)

You have a very sweet hubby, btw! :D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Oh, that's nice of you! I just love Sweet & Sour Chicken!

Yeah - so does my DH. He'd have it every night if he could!

I saw the Christmas Spectacular 7 years ago & it was so good, I feel like it was yesterday I saw it! DON'T MISS IT!!! Give your host the choices you said, but go to this..

What's your husband's phone number? I am gonna give to my husband for some pointers ;)

I'm sure you host will work with you, just explain to her the situation. I've seen the Rockette's Christmas show, it is awesome! I went when I was pregnant and even though I was sleepy ALL the time I did not miss a second of that show.

I agree- tell your host! She'll be excited for you, and will probably be willing to change dates. Heck- if you can't coordinate a date in December, put in a catalog show for her then (for Christmas gifts) and schedule her in January.

I'd tell the host the story and ALL the already invited guests. Believe me, a bunch of woman are MUCH more understanding when they can gawk over the fact someone has a sweet husband than being told "The consultant has a conflict." The later sounds cold and trivial and like they aren't important guests. Giving them the true, emotional reason is better in my opinion!

Explain it to her! And be very flexible in any date she wants to pick to reschedule. I would not have any problem at all doing this for a consultant if I were hosting a show. Surprises like this from your husband do not come around that often!

And if you still feel bad, you could offer her some extra FPV or something else free to show your graditude for her rescheduling.

Offer to call all of her guest for her to explain.

I agree with everyone on this, Becky. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for you and your DH is really doing something wonderful for you. I am sure your host will understand and want you to go and have a great time. Tell your DH we said "way to go!!". You have had so much to deal with and this is what you need.

I hope your host reschedules. Let us know what she decides.

Well, we saw the show last year as a family when it came to California---it's beautiful and amazing, so see the show. I'm sure your host would totally understand.

I agree with everyone else here. I'm sure if you explain that your hubby bought them as a surprise, she'll be willing to work with you. I also agree that it's a good idea to explain it to the guests as well.

And just for the record, you now have a pregnant woman (me) sitting in Japan at 1:20 in the morning craving fresh baked chocolate chip cookies!!!! LOL

the same thing happened to me last Christmas
I NEVER book a Friday show but did for my partylite lady (it was a combined show with homemade gourmet) with my DH help our DD bought me 2 tickets to a Greater Tuna Christmas (love those men)
my host was very understanding and the HG lady set up some of her PC products and so did Pl lady and they got orders

I would ask her to change her date. If she won't, I would get another consulant to take the show. Nuf said:). You are going to love the rocketts. DH took me last year to nashville for my bday to see them. They are awesome and I secretly want to be one. However, I'm too short and fat. I hope you have a blast!

I am so jealous. I did see it at Radio City Music Hall one year!!! I have to say it was one of the best shows I have ever seen.

I'm waiting to hear back from her still!:eek::cry:

Oh man! You're right though....what a darling husband:) I'm sure your host will understand.

Becky, have you heard back from the host, yet?

JAE said:
Becky, have you heard back from the host, yet?

NO!:(

Do you think she's mad at me? I'm beginning to fear the worst.

Do you think you can do a Chicken Power Cooking Show if she's doesn't want to change the date?

I probably could do it, but I'm not in your actual cluster. Wouldn't you want one of your consultants to do it for you?

I think you better call her again. She could be freaking out or trying to ask all her friends if they can do a different date. Just leave a message saying again how sorry you are, but that you really want to talk to her about it.

Yippee! Hooray!!!

I just came home and checked my email - and she is moving her show from the 20th to the 17th! YAHOO!

I'm so relieved. Now, what can I do for her for being so flexible and understanding? Any ideas?

That is wonderful, Becky! I am so happy for you!!

Do you have an extra product that you don't need? Anything you offer her is unexpected, so she will be pleased.

Yes I agree with Jae, she has a good idea about giving her a product she isn't expecting maybe something you are going to use in your demo or even the new christmas cookbook. I am glad she was able to move her party for you so you can get that special time !!!!!

If you don't have the extra product you could always offer her any item up to $X amount for free and put it under her hostess discount as a "hostess flexibility gift"!!

I am so happy for you that this worked out. I saw them at Radio City Music Hall in 2004 and was AMAZED!!! You will love this. I had the opportunity to go see them again in Buffalo but can't, I have a vendor day show and a cooking show that night and the following day is my Gram's 80th birthday and my mom is throwing her a party. Besides, I kinda don't want to see them again unless it is at Radio City Music Hall!!

You could give her the Flexible Funnels for being flexible herself. :D(Yeah, it's cheezy, but funny.)

That's great Becky!
Cute idea Ann! I agree though, anything you have extra laying around; she'll appreciate I'm sure.

1. What options do I have if my husband surprises me with tickets to the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Special, but I have a show scheduled for the same night?

You can either ask the host if she would be willing to choose another date for the show, or give the show to another consultant.

2. What should I do if the tickets my husband bought for the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Special are non-refundable?

If the tickets are non-refundable, you may want to consider giving the show to another consultant.

3. Is it possible to switch the show to a different day if the host has already sent out e-vites and is excited about the show?

If there are dates available that you wouldn't normally do shows, you could potentially switch the show to one of those dates, but it would be best to discuss this with the host first.

4. What should I do if my calendar is already full for shows, but I have some available dates that I could use for this particular show?

If you have available dates that could work for this show, you could consider switching the show to one of those dates, but make sure to discuss it with the host first.

5. Should I inform the host of the situation or just switch the show without telling her?

It would be best to communicate with the host about the situation and discuss potential options, rather than making a decision without informing her first.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikked
  • OhmyDLM