• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Husband up for a Different Position in Company...

In summary, if your husband is interested in a different position within the company, he should start by speaking with his current supervisor or HR representative. It is possible for him to switch departments, but the process may vary and it is best to speak with HR. His current salary and benefits will not automatically transfer to the new position, and the timeline for switching positions can vary. Additional qualifications or training may be necessary for the new position, which can be discussed with the hiring manager or HR representative.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
Hey all!

I just need a few extra prayers said for us! My husband is in the running for a different position within the company that he works for. And if he gets it, he will finally be not on call 24/7 (like he has for the past 14 months) and it would mean a pay increase as well, from what he has been told.

Please keep your fingers crossed that he gets it and that the pay increase will be true as well!!! It would mean an extra $2,000 a month for us and then PC can truly just a hobby for me. It would be a huge weight off my shoulders!

Thanks,
Karen

I hope that he gets that position! Sending prayers

Prayer said for you both.

Good thoughts going your way!

Well, he got the different position, but not the raise that he wanted. He got a 10% raise but the supervisor was hoping to get him 20-30%.....Some is better than none! So it turns out that we will get about $600 more a month, not the $2,000 we were hoping for. They said it was budget cuts and what not that didn't allow him to get the higher pay raise.Thanks all for the prayers!Karen

1. What steps should my husband take if he's interested in a different position within the company?

If your husband is interested in a different position within the company, he should start by talking to his current supervisor or HR representative. They can guide him through the internal application process and provide information on any necessary qualifications or requirements for the position.

2. Is it possible for my husband to switch departments within the company?

Yes, it is possible for your husband to switch departments within the company. However, the availability of positions and the process for switching may vary depending on the company's policies and needs. It's best to speak with HR to explore the options and steps for switching departments.

3. Will my husband's current salary and benefits transfer to the new position?

In most cases, your husband's current salary and benefits will not automatically transfer to a new position. The salary and benefits for the new position will be based on the job's requirements and the company's compensation structure. Your husband may be able to negotiate his salary and benefits with the new department's supervisor or HR representative.

4. How long does the process typically take for my husband to switch positions?

The timeline for switching positions within a company can vary. It depends on factors such as the availability of the position, the number of applicants, and the company's internal processes. Your husband should inquire about the estimated timeline for the specific position he's interested in.

5. Are there any additional qualifications or training my husband may need for the new position?

It's possible that your husband may need additional qualifications or training for the new position, depending on its requirements and his current skills and experience. This can be discussed with the hiring manager or HR representative during the application process. The company may provide training or education opportunities for employees looking to switch positions within the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Shawnna
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
  • DessertDivaFL
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL