• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Husband the Best Travel Companion Ever?

well, he's just awesome.Hubby just got home from work and I was sharing with him all of the research I had done on flights and hotel stay for Leadership 08 today but none of my team members were ready to make the committment and purchase their tickets with me to get a package deal today. I know I'm going, I mean I go everytime, so basically it's just a matter of waiting for other people to jump on board and by that time, the package deal I was looking at will probably be gone. (It acutally jumped price a little bit today)So anyways, after telling him all about it he told me to go ahead and book the trip but to book
OhmyDLM
Silver Member
Hubby just got home from work and I was sharing with him all of the research I had done on flights and hotel stay for Leadership 08 today but none of my team members were ready to make the committment and purchase their tickets with me to get a package deal today. I know I'm going, I mean I go everytime, so basically it's just a matter of waiting for other people to jump on board and by that time, the package deal I was looking at will probably be gone. (It acutally jumped price a little bit today)

So anyways, after telling him all about it he told me to go ahead and book the trip but to book it for two, and put his name on the second ticket. Ahhh, he says he misses me while I'm gone and even though he knows he won't be able to attend really anything at this particular conference, he'd still be happy to just be there with me. Isn't he sweet! I booked us for a day early in and a day late out so we can get a little sight seeing in together... I have the best husband!

Can you tell we're newlyweds??? LoL :p

Congratulations!!!! I've never been to leadership, I'm hoping on going this year! Is their anything for spouses like NC?

awwwwww how sweet!!! Sounds like something my husband would do for me..... can you tell we are newlyweds too???!!! LOL :D

chrpangel said:
Congratulations!!!! I've never been to leadership, I'm hoping on going this year! Is their anything for spouses like NC?
Nope- no guests or spouses allowed at Leadership.

Aww that is sweet! My Dh doesn't want to go and I have family in the area.

If I get to go to Leadership (just a consultant right now), I want to bring my family with me. But just because DH is from Cincy & we're having a baby in October. So that way he can show off the baby to his extended family who all still live there. It's just a 3 hour drive for us.

Doesn't mean that you cant' have some personal time set aside during the down times...... It still is very sweet!!

Darcy~

That is wonderful to hear! You guys will have a great time!

Awww, what a great husband.

chefann said:
Nope- no guests or spouses allowed at Leadership.

So if I walk, he can't see it?

Nope. Sorry.And, Darcy, that's reat that your DH is so supportive!

Darcy,
I think that's absolutely wonderful!! My husband went with me to Dallas this year. It was my first time at Leadership, and I was the only one in my cluster who went. I've always wanted to go, and especially this year, since one of my girls actually re-located about 2 1/2 hours south of Dallas 3 years ago!!
I told him my dilemma, and he told me he'd go with me, too! I said, "Really????" I was SOOO excited! My first trip to Texas, too!
Leadership was Monday thru Wednesday, so we went down on Saturday, and came home on Thursday. On Saturday night, after we got in, my recruit and her husband drove up to Dallas and we all went out to dinner together. Had just the best time together!!
We spent Sunday together, just the two of us. On Monday, he took me to the Conference, as he had a rental car, and dropped me off. It was neat!! That day, he got to basically "tour" whereever he wanted to go....his own private "vacation", I guess you could say.
We also went to a Mavericks game one night.

So, I agree, you may be "separated" by Conference, but that doesn't mean you won't be able to spend some time together, too!!

We've been married 22 years now, so it was fun, spending time together, without kids or some other big "agenda"!!

You'll love Leadership, too! I think I enjoyed it more than National Conference!!

See ya in Cincinnati!!

Paula Lewis
Poland, Ohio (5 hours away this time....yahoo!!)

tlennhoff said:
Awww, what a great husband.

He really is great and SO supportive. I see other people in my downline and on other teams that have absolutely no support from their spouses at home. I can't imagine how that feels. It would seem to me that it would be extremely hard to be successful in this business if you had a negative person at home filling you with bad vibes.

Matthew is the first to be my cheerleader and also the first to point out when I'm slacking on doing my job. He gives me the kick in the butt when I need it and the pat on the back when I deserve it. He's just as excited about Pampered Chef as I am and truely is interested in listening to me when I talk about my business.

Needless to say, I'm very blessed in more areas than one and very thankful for him. I can't wait to share my excitement in this experience with him, even if it is only in the hotel and not at conference. I'm sure it will still feel better than a phone call! :)

Awwwwww!

(I had to add a few extra w's to meet the length requirement)

How long have you Newlyweds been married - I have been married about 20 months NC ws the longest we have ever been apart It costs so much to put our dogs up for boarding and one has seziures when we leave him anywhere - Makes it hard to travel

That's sweet.

Kathytnt said:
How long have you Newlyweds been married - I have been married about 20 months NC ws the longest we have ever been apart It costs so much to put our dogs up for boarding and one has seziures when we leave him anywhere - Makes it hard to travel

10 months exactly :) We've been through a lot together with the death of our son almost a year ago. I find a lot of comfort in having him by my side and I know he feels the same way. I went to conference last July, 2 months after we lost our baby. It was so hard, something I needed to do but still very very hard. And again, this conference, I was missing him terribly. I think this will be good for both of us to do this together.

I know the feeling about the animals, we have 3 cats and a 10 month old puppy (our current baby). I think we will probably have a house sitter or send the dog with my parents and have them pop in on the cats, just to save a little money.

OhmyDLM said:
10 months exactly :) We've been through a lot together with the death of our son almost a year ago. I find a lot of comfort in having him by my side and I know he feels the same way. I went to conference last July, 2 months after we lost our baby. It was so hard, something I needed to do but still very very hard. And again, this conference, I was missing him terribly. I think this will be good for both of us to do this together.

I know the feeling about the animals, we have 3 cats and a 10 month old puppy (our current baby). I think we will probably have a house sitter or send the dog with my parents and have them pop in on the cats, just to save a little money.

I have been married almost 8 months it will be 8 on the 1st of Aug. Last year was my first conference ever..... but this year was the longest we have ever been apart and it was really hard on the booth of us... I was missing him terribly as well..... I don't' have animals but I do have a daughter from my first marriage she is six years old........

OhmyDLM said:
Hubby just got home from work and I was sharing with him all of the research I had done on flights and hotel stay for Leadership 08 today but none of my team members were ready to make the committment and purchase their tickets with me to get a package deal today. I know I'm going, I mean I go everytime, so basically it's just a matter of waiting for other people to jump on board and by that time, the package deal I was looking at will probably be gone. (It acutally jumped price a little bit today)

So anyways, after telling him all about it he told me to go ahead and book the trip but to book it for two, and put his name on the second ticket. Ahhh, he says he misses me while I'm gone and even though he knows he won't be able to attend really anything at this particular conference, he'd still be happy to just be there with me. Isn't he sweet! I booked us for a day early in and a day late out so we can get a little sight seeing in together... I have the best husband!

Can you tell we're newlyweds??? LoL :p

Have you ever been to Cincinnati before? Tell me what you like to do and I'll make some recommendations... if you want.

BTW... Tiffany & Co. is just blocks from the convention center!!!

katie0128 said:

You just had to tell me that didn't you... darn it! Now I better promote by Leadership so I can treat myself to something new in my favorite Robin's Egg Blue Box! :D

GourmetGirl said:
You just had to tell me that didn't you... darn it! Now I better promote by Leadership so I can treat myself to something new in my favorite Robin's Egg Blue Box! :D

NOW I have to go to leadership.... I have to go that store!!! :D

That is so sweet! I would have a heart-attack if my hubby said he was going!
~~and I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I'm sure it's still very difficult {{{{{hugs}}}}

Awww.... that's wonderful!!

I am so sorry about your son - Sounds like you found a keeper like I did. I Met my hubby in Feb of 2005 We were married Nov 2005. My mom was diagnosed with stage IV non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma just a month after our wedding. I started PC to raise money for cancer research. Mom passed in June 2006. My husand was by me every step of the way. When you go through the tough stuff - especially early on like that. That is when you find out what your spouse is realy made of.

Darcy, my husband may be going with me to Leadership as well. He's another New Englander (from South Hampton, MA).

I was going to ask if you husband likes to golf...and then I remembered: Cinncinatti...January...uh, no golf.:p

Nope, no golf. But the hubbies may be able to find a sledding hill. :D

legacypc46 said:
Darcy, my husband may be going with me to Leadership as well. He's another New Englander (from South Hampton, MA).

I was going to ask if you husband likes to golf...and then I remembered: Cinncinatti...January...uh, no golf.:p

Actually, if they need their golfing fix, I have a friend who has a sports bar that has 4 or 5 virtual golf machines. Let me know if you are interested and I'll book a tee-time for them!

chefann said:
Nope, no golf. But the hubbies may be able to find a sledding hill. :D

That assumes we actually get snow during Leadership. Cincinnati is just far enough south that sometimes we get snow... other times we go straight to slush. Yuck!

Kathytnt said:
I am so sorry about your son - Sounds like you found a keeper like I did. I Met my hubby in Feb of 2005 We were married Nov 2005. My mom was diagnosed with stage IV non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma just a month after our wedding. I started PC to raise money for cancer research. Mom passed in June 2006. My husand was by me every step of the way. When you go through the tough stuff - especially early on like that. That is when you find out what your spouse is realy made of.

Isn't it amazing how a life trauma can bring out things in people you never would have expected! I definately understand what you mean. I knew I loved Matthew, but when my son came 7 weeks too early and we hadn't even taken any classes yet and I was only on month 7 of my pregnancy handbook, I saw a side of him that absolutely stunned me. Calm, cool, collected, and ready for anything (at least in front of me). That was the very moment I knew that we would be together forever. We were married 3 months later!

I'm so glad that you had your husband to stand by you during your time of need... he's sounds pretty special as well!

katie0128 said:
Have you ever been to Cincinnati before? Tell me what you like to do and I'll make some recommendations... if you want.

I've never been to stay, just popped through the airport.

Well first and foremost, we like to eat :) What do you reccomend? I also noticed there are a lot of sports arenas around, any good sport bars, ect?

And Tiffanys..... let's just say that I will be starting to save my pennies as of today YAY!

legacypc46 said:

Maybe they could find something to do together. Matt's definately a people person, another reason why I was so drawn to him. I love to socialize and it's so hard when you feel like you have to entertain someone. He brought me to one of my Pampered Chef shows that was a long drive away when we first started dating (there were other men there and a crowd of my friend's friends) I almost didn't even know he was there, LoL, he spent the entire night socializing with the boys, without even knowing a one of them. He's perfect for me!

katie0128 said:
Actually, if they need their golfing fix, I have a friend who has a sports bar that has 4 or 5 virtual golf machines. Let me know if you are interested and I'll book a tee-time for them!

ABSOLUTELY! He would love that!

1. What are the benefits of having my husband as my travel companion?

Having your husband as your travel companion can provide companionship, support, and shared experiences. It can also make planning and booking the trip easier as you can coordinate together and split responsibilities.

2. How can I convince my team members to commit to purchasing tickets for a package deal?

You can try sharing the benefits of booking a package deal, such as saving money and convenience, and offering to help with the booking process. You can also emphasize the limited availability of the deal and the potential increase in prices if they wait.

3. What if the package deal I was looking at is no longer available?

If the package deal you were considering is no longer available, you can try looking for other deals or booking separately for each team member. You can also consider booking the trip for just yourself and your husband, as he has offered to accompany you.

4. How can I make the trip enjoyable for both myself and my husband?

You can plan activities that both of you will enjoy, such as sightseeing or trying new restaurants. You can also make sure to schedule some alone time for the both of you to relax and recharge during the busy conference.

5. How can I show my appreciation for my husband's support and willingness to join me on the trip?

You can express your gratitude through small gestures, such as treating him to a nice dinner or planning a surprise activity during the trip. You can also make sure to include him in decision making and make him feel involved in the planning process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • Kathytnt