• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How did my husband finally land his dream teaching job?

In summary, Trish's niece loves her job as a special education teacher. Her husband has recently become certified and is looking for a job. A job opened up last minute and he has been offered the position.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
I am a special education teacher and my husband has always been envious of my job.:p He's jealous of my hours and time off. Plus, I think he sees how much I love going to work and how much satisfaction my job brings me. (you can puke now!) Ha Ha.

Well, he finally decided to take the plunge and get certified to teach special education (he has a bachelors degree in something else). He has also been substitute teaching since last spring to see if it was for him -- it was!! He found that he really loves working with special needs children.

He's had a few run arounds with different alternative certification programs this summer (money and test scores). Well, on Tuesday he FINALLY got accepted into Texas Teachers Alternative Certification program!!! In Texas, you can actually get a job as a teacher, as long as you are "in" a program. They give you a year to complete the program. BTW, he has also passed both required Texas teaching certification tests. So, technically he is a teacher, he just needs to complete the program.

He was going to start applying to districts in our area, hoping for a job to open up mid year. On Wednesday, I emailed my special ed director to let her know my husband's new status and to keep him in mind if a job opens up. She said she did remember that he was trying to become a teacher and that no jobs were open as of now, but would keep him in mind. Well, Thursday a principal at our alternative school (don't be frightened, its so regimined, its actually a pretty cool job) called me to ask if my husband was still looking for job!!!:eek: Of course!!! A job opened up last minute and they need a teacher beginning the 12th. They are supposed to set up an interview for Tuesday.

So, please pray that my husband gets this job! It will mean so much for our family. My husband has worked retail or restaurant jobs since we met and I don't know what its like to have him around on the weekends.:( We have two young daughters and they are dying to spend more time with Daddy. He works Saturday and Sunday and doesn't even get home until 10pm most nights. The thought of having dinner with my husband every night or him actually able to join us for church makes me soooo excited.:D

WOW! Sounds like a great opportunity for you guys. Personally, I'd probably kill DH if we worked together, but I know it works for lots of other people. But, I do know about the small critters wanting to see daddy more. Here's praying that all works out the way it is supposed to and hopefully that is the same as the way you want it!

That is SO cool! I love hearing those stories. I'll definitely keep him in my thoughts. You'll have to let us all know how it goes. How neat that you'll get to see more and more of your husband. Good luck to him!

We will not be working at the same school! I'm don't like him that much!

Just kidding.

Oh good! Now I think you are MUCH more normal!!! <giggle!!>

My niece works as a Special Ed Teacher in North Richland Hills. She really loves it too. I pray for only the best for you and your husband! And, I know where Little Elm is. My nephew lived there for a little while.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I'll keep your family in my prayers. It is really tough these days to get a solid job and be able to stay in it. I hope the best for your family. Good on luck this week...:) :) :thumbup: :thumbup:

1. What are the benefits of a career with Pampered Chef for my husband?

There are several benefits to a career with Pampered Chef for your husband. One of the main benefits is the opportunity for a flexible schedule, allowing for a better work-life balance. Your husband will also have the chance to work with high-quality products and a supportive team. Additionally, Pampered Chef offers competitive compensation and incentives for achieving sales goals.

2. Is there a training program for new consultants at Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a comprehensive training program for new consultants. This includes online resources, in-person training sessions, and mentorship from experienced consultants. Your husband will have all the tools and support needed to succeed in his new career.

3. Can my husband still work a full-time job while starting a Pampered Chef business?

Absolutely! Many consultants at Pampered Chef have started their businesses while working full-time jobs. The flexibility of the business allows for your husband to work on building his Pampered Chef business in his spare time, while still maintaining his current job.

4. How can my husband make money as a Pampered Chef consultant?

There are several ways your husband can make money as a Pampered Chef consultant. He can earn commission on his personal sales, as well as bonuses for achieving sales goals. He can also earn money by hosting cooking shows and recruiting and mentoring new consultants.

5. What support is available for my husband as he grows his Pampered Chef business?

Your husband will have access to a network of support from both the Pampered Chef home office and other consultants. There are also regular training events and conferences where he can learn from top consultants and leaders in the company. Additionally, Pampered Chef provides ongoing support and resources to help your husband succeed in his new career.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefJWarren
  • Trish in Texas
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Trish in Texas
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab