• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dreams Coming True: Husband's Job Offer After 10 Years of Struggle

In summary, my husband has been offered a job that he is very excited about. However, I am worried that this may be the deciding factor in whether or not to keep his own business. Prayers are needed for him and his family.
dkitten13
To try to make a long story short, my husband owns his own retail business, going on 10 years now. We have struggled practically from day one but with this being his dream he keeps plugging along. Every bill you can think of is behind and we are always right at shut off/reposession, etc. We even lost our home to FC and just paid Oct's rent Saturday.

Anyway, out of the blue yesterday he was offered a job at something right up his alley, that would be a true full time job with all the salary and perks that go along with that. There is a chance of him still keeping the business but I pray that he does not make that the deciding factor even if he can't. He is going to talk with them more seriously about it this morning.

Please pray that the Lord guides him to make the right decision for our family! I can't even imagine paying the rent on the 1st and not wondering when the hot water will be gone and the heat will stop working and the lights will go out...you get the picture.

Thank you!

I've prayed for wisdom and grace.

Thank you Rae, I am so sick to my stomach that he will pass by this amazing opportunity!

Praying here....God's in control.

Thoughts and prayers are for you and your family. Keeping fingers crossed too to be on the safe side!

My prayers are with you.

I can understand the struggles. Mine story is a little different. My husband lost his job last fall, took a new one making more money but hated it! It was so nice to have a little extra money, but the job was killing him (it gave him a lot of health issues). Anyway, he just took a new job 3 weeks ago making a lot less money, but he is much more happy.

When he was trying to make the decision I told him a story I heard a long time ago. I'm not sure if mine is exactly the same, but you will get the point:

Once there was a man whose house flooded. He was on the roof praying to God to save him with an angel from heaven. A little while later a man in a row boat came by and said, "Get in." The man said, "No, I'm waiting for God's angel from heaven to save me - she will come." The man continued to pray. A little later along came a family in a speed boat. They told the man they had room for him and could save him. He kindly said, "No thank you, God will be sending his angel from heaven to save me - I have faith." Well the water continued to rise until it went above the man's roof and swept him away. He died and went to heaven. When he arrived he asked God, "Why didn't you send your angel to save me, I had faith?" God told him, "I sent you a row boat and a speed boat!"

Remember God may not send the answer to our prayers in the form we are looking for!

My husband said this little story I told him helped him a lot because he had been praying for an answer to get out of the job he was in. We will be able to pay the bills, but no more extras. I can live w/o them for my husband's health and happiness!

Best of luck to you!

To all: Praise the Lord! He took the job! I am beside myself...just amazed. God is so good sometimes it hurts! Anyway, this is just a consulting job for two months so he can get the retail business in order. He wants to remain open so this will be an interesting test. He starts Monday 9-5 and is making an incredible salary for never having worked in a real business capacity before! And in this awful economy?

This is not the first time God has so obviously answered my prayers. I am humbled that he thinks enough of me to Bless me in this way. It is now my responsibility to go and Bless others! So, Bless All Of You!!!!

Wow... thank God! I'm so happy for you!
God has ways and means... not always when and how we think, but always the best in the end.
Thanks Rhonda for sharing that story!

Thank you, Lord, for your blessings.

Update...hubby is already frustrated with this job. He has been working like a dog, received barely any training, being asked to go to events, and was given grief today for being 3 minutes late! He had words with the boss about what the expectations are, how he is making an impact, working late, etc and he told him he doesn't think many other people could survive for this week plus and that's why they have such high turnaround. This was at lunchtime and I've been sick about it all day...we haven't even received the first check but already planned our lives around having the extra money. I say keep your mouth shut and give it time...we all have bumps with corporate jobs. On the other hand I don't want him to be overworked and treated poorly. I just don't know what to think...I'm not sure which way its going to go and am worried about my 5:00 call when he's done for the day.

He's also said that if they want him to stay on after this two month trial they will have to pay him way more money for all the work, travel, extra time. I just don't know how to tell him that's not always how it works and at least stick it out to get us the money and get the job on your resume to find another job down the road. Hell I've been underpaid and overworked before; haven't we all?

Any advise?

1. How did you feel when your husband finally received a job offer after 10 years of struggle?

As you can imagine, it was an overwhelming mix of emotions. We were beyond grateful and relieved that his hard work and perseverance had finally paid off. It was a dream come true for both of us.

2. What was the biggest challenge your husband faced during his job search?

The biggest challenge was facing rejection and disappointment time and time again. It takes a toll on your self-esteem and motivation, but my husband never gave up and kept pushing forward.

3. Did your husband's job offer align with his career goals?

Yes, it was the perfect fit for his skills and experience. He had been searching for a job in his field for so long, and this opportunity exceeded his expectations.

4. How did your family stay financially stable during the 10 years of struggle?

We had to make sacrifices and tighten our budget, but we also had a strong support system in our family and friends. My husband also took on odd jobs and freelance work to bring in some income.

5. What advice do you have for other families going through a similar situation?

Never give up and keep a positive mindset. It may seem like the struggle will never end, but with determination and hard work, things will eventually fall into place. Also, don't be afraid to seek support and resources from your community and loved ones.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies