• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How will my husband's new career affect our family's schedule and meals?

In summary, Jessica's husband is finishing his alternative teacher certification and is looking for a job. He has been working at Target (which she now HATES) and subbing to make ends meet. A friend recommended him for a job at a private school, and he starts tomorrow.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
I think I may have posted a while back that my husband was just finishing alternative teacher certification and was looking for a job. He has been working at Target (which I now HATE) and subbing to make ends meet. Well, they haven't been meeting for about 6 months now and we've been struggling.

He was getting really antsy because our school (I'm a teacher too) year starts in 2 weeks and he hadn't had a call yet! He did have an interview but never heard back. Well, we got a call out of the blue from a friend and they set up an interview for him at a private school.

He starts tomorrow!! He got the job working with 10 high school autistic students. He trained for special ed so this is what he wanted (I teach special ed too).

We are sooo exhilerated that he finally has a regular schedule! Since we've been married, he has worked nights and weekends. He now gets to eat dinner every night with me and our two daughters. We have been truly blessed and Praise God!

Congratulations!!!! My husband is working on his teaching certificate and we hope that he will be able to find a job when he graduates. I hear that even though there is a shortage, it is still hard to find a job.

pmpdRRT said:
Congratulations!!!! My husband is working on his teaching certificate and we hope that he will be able to find a job when he graduates. I hear that even though there is a shortage, it is still hard to find a job.

Yeah, we thought that finding a special ed job would be a breeze because there is such a shortage! Well, we were wrong. But that's just our situation. Don't let it discourage your husband! All the best to him!

Thank you.

Congratulations!

Jessica...that post brought tears to my eyes! I am so glad that God has provided in such a PERFECT way for your DH!

KellyTheChef said:
Jessica...that post brought tears to my eyes! I am so glad that God has provided in such a PERFECT way for your DH!

You are so sweet! Last night we made it official and sat down at the dinner table together (honestly, the kids and I usually just eat wherever we feel like sitting which is in front of the TV)! We said our blessings and ate as a family. It was such a grand feeling! Tonight it was the same, I had the best feeling as I served out the plates and set them at the table and then everyone came running for our "family" dinner together.:)

ChefJWarren said:
You are so sweet! Last night we made it official and sat down at the dinner table together (honestly, the kids and I usually just eat wherever we feel like sitting which is in front of the TV)! We said our blessings and ate as a family. It was such a grand feeling! Tonight it was the same, I had the best feeling as I served out the plates and set them at the table and then everyone came running for our "family" dinner together.:)

That is THE BEST!

DH and I (long time ago) worked in management in fast food. Once we were both out of that field and working "normal" M-F day hours it was such a huge blessing! It is sooooooo nice to have the entire family home in the evenings and weekends together!

I am so happy for you and your family!

That is AWESOME!!! I am so happy for all of you!! This is such Great news for you both!!

That is great news! I'm so happy for all of you! It also sounds like his students are going to be very lucky!

what an accomplishment - congratulations and enjoy those family dinners!

Congratulations to you and your DH, Jessica! My DH used to work 2nd shift when I worked 1st, and once he switched it was so nice to be home as a family!

That is super Awesome! Congrats to your DH, and how cool that you can all eat dinner together again! :)

Congrats!!
Guess you'll be cooking a whole lot more now!!

laurichef said:
Congrats!!
Guess you'll be cooking a whole lot more now!!

Darn! I didn't think about that!

1. What should my husband consider before starting a new career?

Before your husband starts a new career, he should consider his skills, interests, and goals. He should also research the job market and the potential for growth in his chosen field. It's important for him to have a clear understanding of the job requirements and his expectations before making a decision.

2. How can my husband prepare for a career change?

Your husband can prepare for a career change by updating his resume, networking with professionals in his desired field, and gaining relevant experience through internships or volunteer work. He should also be open to learning new skills and taking courses to enhance his qualifications.

3. What are some common challenges my husband may face when starting a new career?

Some common challenges your husband may face when starting a new career include adjusting to a new work environment, building relationships with coworkers, and learning new skills. He may also experience stress and uncertainty during the transition period.

4. How can I support my husband during his career change?

You can support your husband by listening to his concerns, offering encouragement and reassurance, and helping him with his job search. You can also help him research the job market and provide emotional support as he goes through the transition process.

5. Is it too late for my husband to start a new career?

No, it is never too late for your husband to start a new career. Many people make career changes at different stages in their lives. With determination, hard work, and a clear plan, your husband can successfully transition into a new career and find fulfillment in his work.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • ChefJWarren
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PamperedTammy
  • PampChefJoy