• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Struggling in My Business - Seeking Advice & Support

In summary, Rae is having trouble motivating herself to succeed in her business. She is also struggling with self esteem issues. Her husband is frustrated with her and thinks she should quit. She is considering cutting herself some slack and going through a cycle. She is looking for advice from others on how to improve her business.
NooraK
Gold Member
I know there have been several similar posts lately, but I'm at a loss for what to do. It helps just to write what I'm thinking down, so feel free to ignore my ramblings if you wish. :blushing:

I'm floundering in my business and I don't know where to turn, or whether there is anything anyone can do to help anyway. I know what I need to do, I just can't motivate myself to do it. I've never felt like I've succeeded at anything, and I really wanted this to be the one thing I would excel at. I've felt like a failure at so many thing I've tried in the past, I think I've gotten to a point where I'm having trouble believing I'll ever succeed at anything. I've gotten stuck in a thought pattern of "if I don't call, I won't have to hear them say they don't want to have a party with me." I had three parties scheduled for the first two weeks of June plus one for May 29th. Now, I've got one left.

I don't know where to turn to help get my internal dialogue changed around. My Director, although a wonderful person, is thousands of miles away, and even then I can't say that she's the best when it comes to supporting her consultants (she means well, but I don't think our styles mesh). I've never had luck connecting with her Director. I don't know if it's because I didn't try hard enough, or something else. My HD is a wonderful person, but I feel as tough she's so busy with her own team that I don't want to bother her with my minimal achievements.

My husband is very frustrated at what he sees in my business. He sees the frustration I'm feeling, and doesn't think I should keep going. I don't want to voice my feelings to him, because it just adds fuel to the fire. It's hard because one day he'll be as supportive as can be, and then the next day he doesn't even want to hear PC mentioned. He actually said he thinks I should quit for six months and then re-sign under my HD. He says that then he thinks I would be able to get the support because I'll be in her personal cluster. As great as he thinks that idea is, I just don't think that would be fair to my current D.

I just don't know where to start. I know I need to turn EVERYTHING around, I just don't know how.

Rae had a great status on FB the other day: "your life is of infinite worth and impacts many others, regardless of your recognition of that fact." Maybe I should print that and post it around the house.

Thanks for listening.

It sounds to me like you really need to cut yourself a little slack. All of us go through cycles with our businesses. It also sounds to me like you're struggling with some self esteem issues. Is there someone you can talk to--a pastor or friend?

Hugs Noora!

Check your PM box.

Do you love PC products? Is that why you started selling, or was it just for a job? I think you should take time to sit and reflect on what YOU want to do. Then sit with your hubby and ask for his support -- negativity isn't helpful. These are indeed hard times we are going through, but we go through them together. The support on CS is something we all need. I know it makes me feel more a part of the PC family.Don't feel on the outside with your HD. Think of her as your actual director and get advise and support from her. My director has some 'adoptees" and I know she thinks of us all the same.Remember that we all go through dry times. Maybe you should try some approaches that you haven't before. Do you seek fairs and booths? fundraisers? open house? Perhaps you can get into some other groups of people as your customers.Don't give up. We are all here with you and to help you. Try some new approaches -- you've had at least 50 shows -- go back through your files and try a new way to approach all those people. Be positive and change your mood status from Lonely to something more positive. My very best wishes go out to you. You can be successful!!

Rae's right. You need to give yourself a break. Having one or even 2 slow months is no where near failing. It happens. There will be good, and there will be slow. As hard as this is, try and not take it personally when they do not book.

They are saying no to a party in their home, and not you. They may be busy, or their home is a mess, there may be medical issues within the family....it could be anything, so do not take the "burden of rejection"....it is not you.

Sounds like your HD is fab, but you have restricted yourself because you assume she is too busy to help you. Would you be comfy asking her directly if you can email her whenever you need something? Maybe she'd be able to give you 15m a week via phone calls. If you can't talk to your HD, then truck along without it. You have CS which is like one big ol" cluster. Is your Director also your recruiter? Have a friend join so that the two of you can support, cheer and help each other.

Just thoughts and hopefully something helpful. Wishing you much success, and praying that the biz booms! = )

It is all about changing the "movie" in your head: is the movie going to have a happy ending? Then you need to choose to make it that way -- by talking to yourself in positive ways, by surrounding yourself with positive people, choosing to reach out to your HD and D no matter how busy you might think they are, by choosing positive activities that will have positive results (continue making phone calls, making 3 contacts a day even if you don't feel like it, host coaching), choosing to remember all of the successful times and focusing on those and what you did then, and keep smiling even though it is tough. Your HD and D are there for you!! It is their job to help you be the most successful person you can be (of course, you need to be fully present in this process as well). Come to National Conference and share in the joy of Pampered Chef! Hang in there -- the valley will end and the mountains will begin..

Noora, you've received some great, positive, advice here. I just want to share with you my personal experience.

A few months ago I was privileged to attend a training at my ED's home, and something said there made me realize I'm not afraid of failure - I'm pretty good at that! I'm afraid of success! If I ask and they say no, I experience a moment of rejection. If I ask and they say yes, I actually have to do the party.

I took time to re-evaluate not why I got into the business in the first place (that was only to get free product), but why I would want to continue. Realizing that I really do enjoy doing the parties, meeting people, and, yes, being the center of attention for a short while, plus the extra money, made me decide to keep going. Getting organized helped me get over the pre-show anxiety.

I do still dread the no's, but at our cluster meeting last week our AD gave us the challenge to get 100 no's (by phone or in person) over the next month. I'm way off schedule, but I have talked to 4 or 5 people who I would have been too shy to approach previously (all cashiers or bank tellers). I simply say "My team is having a challenge, so I have to ask; are you familiar with The Pampered Chef?" So far, everyone has stated they love PC, and I got two no's to holding a show! Whoopee. Darn, I also have two maybes with whom I have to follow up tomorrow, so I still have 98 no's to go. Today in church I it occurred to me to contact all the people who checked no, or left blanks, on the drawing slips from an event I did last month (you'd think church would be a great place to have inspiration, right? of course, it means I wasn't paying enough attention to the sermon :D ). I should get lots of no's there!

Why don't you try this challenge, too? Give yourself a time frame, and the number of no's you want. Wouldn't it be fun if we could make it a CS-wide challenge? Because, statistically, the average is for every 10 no's, you'll get one yes. 100 no's, then, means 10 yes's. When those 10 shows are held, you'll have 1 or 2 bookings from each show, which means 20 more shows. Goodness, what failures at not succeeding we'll all be!

I agree about the fear of success (it's more work). If you don't love your Director and really would prefer your HD, I think that you could make that choice. Why isn't it fair? It's your business. Did you D sign you? B/c you are so far apart, maybe your recruiter isn't there anymore?? Not motivated. Try LITTLE things that you are comfortable doing. Start slow. Don't call 25 people. Call 5. That way you can follow up with anything they need. I think sometimes it's easy to decide to make phone calls all of a sudden, which may be easy, but then you are exhausted and don't FINISH what you said you'd do.Success is getting what you want out of it. I may have 10 shows or none in a month, but if it's what I want/need at the time, it's fine. My business is finally to the point it sustains itself a bit (where I sometimes only do shows for those that contact ME). Amazing. God really provides. I've been busy volunteering and don't have the energy to make money calls yet it's been my best year by far! This is b/c I have people contact me for shows & people actually book at the show. I don't know your husband, but sometimes they just want to fix the situation. If you are miserable, get rid of the misery. If you are happy and excited, then stick with it. It's annoying to listen to someone complain day after day and not DO something to fix it. We've all probably been that person at one time or another.You'll be fine. Take a deep breathe and decide on the next productive step you'll take. Calls, expos, your own open house. Tape, classes, etc are great, but DOING something will make you feel better. Good luck!!

I knew I could count on you guys to prop me up and understand how I'm feeling.

I love PC, the products and the idea that it is a way that I could earn an income while being able to stay home with my son. I talked to DH today, and we decided that I'm going to reach out to my HD for help. My director is not my recruiter, I'm not sure if my recruiter is still active. She was never more than a hobby consultant, and I was kind of a fluke recruit for her. My director truly is a wonderful person, she's just not the kind of director I need to support me.

Thank you for being real, and understanding where I'm coming from :)

You go girl! So glad you got the help you needed, plus lots of these great thoughts helped the rest of us, too! Keep us posted!

I'm never lost.People tell me where to go all the time.

I would reach out to the YOUR SALES LEADER-thats what they are there for-Or call on a top achiever-to coach you through----I will post what Cheryl Batcher --has shared----thanks Cheryl-:)I have found that the biggest determiner of success in this business is not talent, or a polished presentation, or even luck. What determines success is persistence, and consistency. Those who persevere, and are consistent in working their business, will succeed. "There honestly were times that I thought about giving up on Pampered Chef, but then I asked myself, 'How could I give up on something that I never really gave 100% to?'
That's when my attitude changed." There is a choice you have to make in everything you do. So keep in mind that in the end the choice you make, makes you.
a statement from Cheryl Batcher

1. How can I increase my sales in my Pampered Chef business?

There are a few things you can do to increase your sales. First, make sure you are consistently promoting and sharing your products with friends, family, and on social media. You can also try hosting virtual parties or events to reach a wider audience. Additionally, consider reaching out to local businesses or organizations to collaborate on events or fundraisers. Finally, make sure you are offering excellent customer service and following up with potential customers.

2. What should I do if I am struggling to find new customers?

If you are having trouble finding new customers, it may be helpful to review your current marketing and promotional strategies. Are you utilizing social media effectively? Have you reached out to your personal network for referrals? You can also consider hosting an open house or pop-up shop to showcase your products to potential customers in person. Additionally, reach out to local businesses or organizations for collaboration opportunities.

3. How can I balance my Pampered Chef business with my other responsibilities?

Balancing a Pampered Chef business with other responsibilities can be challenging. It's important to prioritize and set a schedule for your business activities. This may include designating specific days or times for parties, customer follow-ups, and other business tasks. It's also important to communicate with your team and delegate tasks when needed. Remember to also make time for self-care to avoid burnout.

4. What should I do if I'm feeling discouraged or unmotivated in my business?

Running a business can be challenging, and it's normal to experience periods of discouragement or lack of motivation. One way to combat this is by setting achievable goals and celebrating small victories along the way. It can also be helpful to connect with other Pampered Chef consultants for support and motivation. Finally, remember why you started your business and focus on the positive impact it has on your life and the lives of your customers.

5. How can I continue to grow and develop my business skills?

The best way to continue growing and developing your business skills is by attending training and development opportunities provided by Pampered Chef. This can include virtual or in-person events, team meetings, and online resources. You can also seek out additional training and resources from other successful consultants and business leaders. Additionally, continue to challenge yourself and set new goals to constantly improve and evolve your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookinfletch
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow