• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Caught a Terrible Cold: Suggestions for Saturday Show?

In summary, the conversation discusses the dilemma of having a terrible cold before a show and how to handle it. Suggestions include calling the host to explain, taking medication, and preparing food ahead of time to talk less during the show. It is also suggested to have guests participate by reading product information to save the presenter's voice.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
So here is my problem. I have caught a terrible cold. It sounds like I am about to cough up a lung every 5 minutes. I have a show on Saturday. She is a host who does a show every 6 months and she is not keen on having someone else do her shows. She is really looking forward to this show because it is her first holiday show. If I don't make a miraculous recovery, what would you do? I don't "feel" horrible, just not fantastic.
If I was at a show though I can't say I would be thrilled with someone hacking all over the place.
Suggestions?

If this is one of your regular and possibly "preferred" host,just call her and explain yourself. maybe you could make sometihng ahead instead of doing a demo. this would save you from talking as much. then ask your guests about their favorites and why. this allows the guests to "sell" to each other,and you won't have to talk as much which could possibly prevent so many coughing fits.hope this helps.

I had this same predicament for my 4th show. I took dayquil. No one could tell I had a cold. But that stuff (dayquil) is "speed". It kept me up all nite.Just do it! The show I mean.........Good luck,
Heather

I was going to say take Alka Seltzer cold plus the day time one. It is great. I was having coughing fits a few weeks ago. I had to do a show and took it and I didn't cough the whole show. It is only 4 hour medicine, so don't linger all day. :)

Ask the host if you can make the food ahead of time, so you have less talking to do. I had this problem last month. It was embarrassing to keep coughing. I did a quick demo and shortened things quite a bit. Let your guests do the talking. Write out a product name and benefits and details, etc. on a 3x5 card. Have each guests get a card and read the card. You will save your voice. I was glad my friend I had called couldn't do my show, because it was an $800 show and I booked 4 shows. You never know.

1. How can I prevent catching a cold during the show?

To prevent catching a cold, make sure to wash your hands frequently, avoid close contact with anyone who is sick, and boost your immune system with a healthy diet and plenty of rest.

2. Can I still participate in the show if I have a cold?

If you have a mild cold, it is usually safe to participate in the show. However, if you are feeling too ill or have a contagious illness, it is best to stay home and rest.

3. Are there any specific products that can help with a cold?

While there are no specific products designed to cure a cold, using products like our garlic press or citrus press can help with adding fresh garlic or lemon juice to boost your immune system.

4. How can I still enjoy the show if I am feeling under the weather?

If you are feeling under the weather, make sure to stay hydrated and take breaks when needed. You can also ask a friend or family member to help you with any tasks that may be too much for you at the moment.

5. Can I reschedule my show if I am too sick to attend?

Of course! Your health and well-being are the most important. Simply contact your consultant and they will be happy to reschedule your show for a later date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • ahammons
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ahammons
  • DebbieJ
  • General Chat
Replies