• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for My First Cooking Show: Tips & Suggestions for Success

In summary, Wade's first cooking show is coming up and she is practicing for it. She is nervous about the show and is worried about how to do it. She is also concerned about what to do with the product cards she printed out and plans to have them close by. She thanks her host Suzie and introduces herself. She talks about her story, how she got started in PC, and her recipe.
Becky0216
Ok, so my first cooking show is Friday. Its the one I have been stressing over. I have not had any training yet and have only ever been to 2 PC shows (by the same host) done by a new cons. So I am trying to practice my dialog. I am ok with the cooking aspect, but don't know really how to open the show.
Any suggestions?
Also, I thought the norm was to make 2 recipes for shows. I am commited to doing 2 at this show now. My recruiter says I should only do one. Now that I am commited to them, she said I should have most of the prep done prior to the show and maybe even have the cake in the oven before the show.
I am making jerk chicken nachos and turtle fudge cake.
Any help would be great.

I see where your director comes from in only doing one recipe. But I am sure you will be fine! I agree though, have most of the prep done ahead of time. I would print out the product cards and have them close by, or under each tool, people will understand if you use a card to make sure you get all the correct info on each product, then just tell some personal reasons why you like/how you use each product. GOOD LUCK!!! :) You will do great!

I only do 1 recipe but if you do two have the first one almost done before the guest get there and finish it when they get there.

I start my show off like this:
Let's get started now, I want to thank everyone for coming today/tonight/this morning. I especially want to thank our host Suzie! My special thank you to Suzie is our SB cookbook. It's a great little cookbook and it makes a great gift. It's only a dollar so it's cheaper than buying a card for someone, you just write your little message in the front and they'll think of you every time they use it! I want to introduce myself to you, my name is Wadesgirl, I am your PC consultant not just for tonight but I'm here for you even after the show. Let me tell you a little bit about myself... Then I talk about my story (where I was before PC, how I got started and where I am now). Then I go into the recipe.

It took me a long time to feel comfortable starting my shows but this is what I've come up with!

thanks. If I do most of the prep, wont that defeat the purpouse of showing off the tools? I guess the cake is the best one to do ahead.
where are there product cards to print?
wadesgirl - thanks for giving me a good idea of what you say. It really helps

wadesgirl said:
I only do 1 recipe but if you do two have the first one almost done before the guest get there and finish it when they get there.

I start my show off like this:
Let's get started now, I want to thank everyone for coming today/tonight/this morning. I especially want to thank our host Suzie! My special thank you to Suzie is our SB cookbook. It's a great little cookbook and it makes a great gift. It's only a dollar so it's cheaper than buying a card for someone, you just write your little message in the front and they'll think of you every time they use it! I want to introduce myself to you, my name is Wadesgirl, I am your PC consultant not just for tonight but I'm here for you even after the show. Let me tell you a little bit about myself... Then I talk about my story (where I was before PC, how I got started and where I am now). Then I go into the recipe.

It took me a long time to feel comfortable starting my shows but this is what I've come up with!

That's almost how I start off, except I need to go into my PC story more (since I want to focus on recruiting now 2 years later ;) ).

I had NEVER been to a cooking show before signing up!:eek: So I was completely clueless!:yuck: I viewed the cooking show live tape or whatever it's called, that came in the New Consultant kit, like 12 times before I had my 1st show! I took notes on it, I made an outline and I practiced it in my kitchen while playing with my new tools. Practice makes perfect, although I am no where near perfect and I still have my outline handy just in case I need to refer to it (it's like my security blanket I guess):p .

Good luck and you will do fine! Just remember to Have FUN and so will your guests!

I was only at one or two shows before I started as a consultant, and the best advice I got was practice in front of family or friends. When i was making dinner at night, I told my husband to ignore me if he heard me talking and I explained to myself what each tool was as I was using it. I also practiced whenever I was in the car. Just explain to the guests that it is your first show and ask them to bear with you. They will understand. Just try and keep note cards in front of you with facts about the products, maybe put notes on there as far as what they are good for ie: stones are great for rings, cookies and so forth and how easy they are to clean.

First of all, relax... use the starting out thing to your advantage... folks have great sympathy if they know it's "your first time". Seriously... I've been tweaking my opening now for what.. almost six months? I finally had what I'd call a "by the book" show... it was my like 13th or 14th show... so relax, have fun and don't worry about it. As for recipes... at first, I did three... I didn't realize you didn't have to do all three of the new consultant recipes, I didn't have a lot of direction from my director and what you don't know, you don't know to ask.. and I hadn't found this site so I did that... then I pared down to two and now I do one... what I found when I did two that worked well was to have the savory dish mostly done by the time guests were there and then demo the sweet. Doing one now makes for a sleek show... and still makes it a fun party. I have more time to work in the opportunity and to thank the host (something I kept forgetting to do! LOL) and pass around a SBCB for folks to sign... they really got a kick out of it (so did the host)... So, don't expect to know it all your first time (with anything, eh?)... be honest with your newness, take a deep breath and go for it! Have fun and let it show that will outshine any nervousness you may be feeling!

Becky0216 said:
thanks. If I do most of the prep, wont that defeat the purpouse of showing off the tools? I guess the cake is the best one to do ahead.
where are there product cards to print?
wadesgirl - thanks for giving me a good idea of what you say. It really helps
You do have a second recipe to do, you don't want your show to go on too long trying to do two whole recipes in front of them.

1. How can I improve my knife skills while cooking?

One tip is to make sure your knife is sharp before using it. Also, practice proper hand placement and use a rocking motion while cutting. Watching tutorials or taking a cooking class can also help improve your knife skills.

2. What are some easy ways to add flavor to dishes?

Using fresh herbs, spices, and citrus juices are great ways to add flavor to dishes. You can also experiment with different marinades, sauces, and seasoning blends. Don't be afraid to try new ingredients and flavors!

3. How can I make meal prep easier and more efficient?

Invest in some quality kitchen tools, such as a food processor or a sharp chef's knife, to make prep work easier. Also, plan out your meals and prep ingredients ahead of time to save time during the week. Utilizing one-pan meals and batch cooking can also make meal prep more efficient.

4. What are some ways to reduce food waste in the kitchen?

One tip is to repurpose leftovers into new dishes. For example, leftover chicken can be used in a stir-fry or added to a salad. Another way to reduce food waste is to properly store and freeze excess ingredients or meals for later use.

5. How can I make sure my baked goods turn out perfectly?

Start by using quality ingredients and following the recipe accurately. Make sure to measure ingredients correctly and don't overmix the batter. Also, invest in good baking tools, such as a reliable oven thermometer, to ensure even baking. And don't forget to preheat your oven before baking!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • emiscookin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
darlinclem
Replies
Views
pc_jessica