• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for my 2nd Cooking Show: Tips for Peace of Mind

In summary, the conversation revolves around the potential of car troubles while on the way to a cooking show. Suggestions include saving the host's phone number, carrying it with you, and signing up for AAA for roadside assistance. Some members have also experienced car troubles on the way to shows and have had to rely on their hosts or husbands for help. It is recommended to plan ahead and allow extra time to reach the show in case of any unforeseen car issues.
emiscookin
Heaven forbid this ever happens to me, but I was thinking about it as I am getting ready for my 2nd cooking show tonight :D and the Host lives about 20miles away from me.

I drive an old car, 1995 Toyota Corolla, which is still running strong (I mean, it IS a Toyota after all ;)) but you never know when an old car is going to break down or (even with newer cars) you have a tire blow out!

Heaven forbid that happens to me on my way to a show!!!! :eek:

Has that happened to any of you? If so, what did you do? If not, what would you recommend doing?

I guess a good thing to do is save your Host's telephone number to your contacts list on your cell phone!!!

I always carry my host's phone number and address with me, just in case. I've never had anything happen on the way to a show. I have, however, had a flat tire in my own garage on my way to close a show. The tire had been put on with a pneumatic tool, so I couldn't get the lug nuts to budge. We rescheduled.

Thankfully, I have never been stuck like that. I was late once, but not un-able to get to the show. I would quickly call my director and see if she could cover. I know I have covered in a pinch for others in my cluster, so that would be my first move--probably even before calling the towing company! LOL

Then again, knowing my director, is she was free, she might even show up and drive me to the show!

Interestingly enough, last summer our car got a flat on my way to a show!
I called the host, she had to come pick me up and my husband dealt with the car while I was at the show! :)
Oh, and my host was even nice enough to let him use HER BJ's card to get a discount on a new tire! LOL
It happens and it's scary, but always keep your host phone number in the car w you (not in the trunk w/ the rest of your stuff!) and if something arises while you are on the road, I'm sure your hosts will be more than accomodating to help you out!

Here is a great suggestion and I got it from my tax guy. You can sign up for AAA and deduct the fee! He said add it as a Show Expense. It only costs about $50 to $60 a year. Now for the rest, I always carry the phone number of the host with me. You just never know! It has never happened to me so I am not sure what I would do except ask him or her to PUNT and hopefully I can get there soon!

I was in a three car accident on the way to a show in '08! I wasn't able to get a hold of my Director, but my husband was home and he was a trooper and drove his Jeep through the ice and snow to the show. I was (of course) late, but the host signed on as a consultant for a bit, so it was worth it!
FYI, I was the middle car in that one. What a fiasco that evening was!

pampered1224 said:
Here is a great suggestion and I got it from my tax guy. You can sign up for AAA and deduct the fee! He said add it as a Show Expense. It only costs about $50 to $60 a year. Now for the rest, I always carry the phone number of the host with me. You just never know! It has never happened to me so I am not sure what I would do except ask him or her to PUNT and hopefully I can get there soon!
Pampered1224 is so right. I've had AAA for 35 years, and usually don't have to use it, but when I do, it's great. It's never at a convenient time (when is a convenient time to have car troubles??) and they are always fast to get there.Especially since you live in a less populated area, it's a good idea to have some kind of service. I know a lot of cell phone companies offer something like this, but I can only vouch for AAA, cause it's what I use, and they have rescued me from the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night, so...And here's hoping we never have any problems!
Marghi

Last edited:
I have roadside assistance on my insurance AND on my cel phone!I always plan to be at the host's house at least an hour beforehand, and I guess worse case scenario could call them, beg me to take me and my items there, and make arrangements for my car to be towed later!I've never, ever had this happen on the way to shows even though I've had a lot of car trouble ... God seriously watched out for me every car trouble I've ever had! More often I was on my way to my day/night job. One of my co-workers was kind enough to take me home, and I had the car towed the next day.

My car overheated to the point it could not be driven last april when I was on my way to a host's fundraiser show which was 45 miles away from my home. I was only about 20 minutes away from her, but I couldn't drive my car, no one on my team would have made it in time with traffic (you had to drive through the major highways and tunnels in Boston!) and even if my husband had come to get me I would have been about two hours late.

I called the host, explained the circumstances, she totally understood. We decided she would still have everyone over and have an "in-person" catalog show. I told her if anyone had questions to please call me- she ended up still having some GREAT sales and earned some great $$ for her fundraiser.

Was it as much as it would have been had I been there? Probably not. Was it a total loss and complete disaster? Nope. Things happen, it stinks, but it worked out just fine. :)

I had my accelerator stick on the way to a show. I was doing 70+ and still speeding higher. Scared the living daylights out of my since I had the car repaired and picked up that day (for something I thought was something else). I threw the car into neutral and was able to get to the side of the road while it slowed. DH came and picked me up and I used my MIL van. Turns out they had removed the wire and instead of fixing it had wired it together to "get by". Almost killed me! I was 10 minutes late to the show and everyone was nice and understood (and this was a cold call host who I had met at a booth). I had her phone number with me so called her and let her know I would a bit late. She was very understanding! DH fixed it so it would drive again then took it to the garage where he ripped the guys a new one. :)

1. How can I ensure that my 2nd cooking show runs smoothly?

To ensure a smooth and stress-free 2nd cooking show, it is important to plan ahead and be organized. Make a checklist of all the necessary items and ingredients, set up your cooking space beforehand, and familiarize yourself with the recipes you will be using.

2. Should I invite the same guests as my first cooking show?

It is completely up to you whether you invite the same guests or new ones for your 2nd cooking show. However, it may be beneficial to invite new guests to expand your customer base and potentially increase sales.

3. What are some ways to promote my 2nd cooking show?

Utilize social media, such as creating a Facebook event or posting on Instagram, to spread the word about your 2nd cooking show. You can also send out invitations to friends, family, and coworkers, and ask them to bring a plus one.

4. How can I make my 2nd cooking show different from my first one?

One way to make your 2nd cooking show unique is to offer different recipes or cooking techniques than what was featured in your first show. Additionally, you can change up the theme or add a fun twist, such as a potluck-style show where guests bring their own dish to share.

5. How can I handle any unexpected challenges during my 2nd cooking show?

The key to handling unexpected challenges during your 2nd cooking show is to stay calm and have a backup plan. Keep extra ingredients on hand, be adaptable with your recipes, and have a positive attitude. Remember, the show must go on!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Monty060609
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Mindy50135
  • General Chat
Replies