• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unlock Your Phone's Potential: 5 Emergency Cell Phone Tips You Never Knew

In summary, there are five things you may not have known your cell phone can do in times of emergency. First, the emergency number worldwide is 112, and you can dial this even if your keypad is locked. Second, if you lock your keys in the car and have remote keyless entry, you can call someone at home and have them press the unlock button while holding their phone near the car door. Third, you can activate a hidden battery power reserve by pressing *3370#. Fourth, you can disable a stolen phone by finding its unique serial number and reporting it to your service provider. And finally, you can use the number (800) FREE 411 to access directory assistance for free on your cell phone. However, not all
yummy4tummy
Just thought I would pass this along.

Suggest you make a copies of this and keep one your home and one in each car.

5 THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW YOUR CELL PHONE COULD DO:

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies. Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it:

FIRST Emergency
The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile, network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.

SECOND Have you locked your keys in the car?
Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock.
Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).

Editor's Note: I tried this but it didn't work for me...maybe I wasn't positioned correctly...need to experiment again.

THIRD Hidden Battery Power. Imagine your cell battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370# Your cell will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell next time.

FOURTH How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?
To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 #, a 15 digit code appears on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

And Finally....

FIFTH Free Directory Service for Cells Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more for 411 information calls when they don't have to. Most of us do not carry a telephone directory in our vehicle, which makes this situation even more of a problem. When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial: (800) FREE 411, or (800) 373-3411 without incurring any charge at all. Program this into your cell phone now.
This is the kind of information people don't mind receiving, so pass it on to your family and friends.

These are really cool...thanks for sharing & hopefully I'll NEVER need them:cool:

according to snopes.com not all of this is true. For some reason I can not copy and paste it. Here is the link http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/cellphones.asp

1 is mainly for Europe
2 will not work because they use a different frequency

oopsWouldn't you know it...the only time that I post something NOT verified by snopes I got fooled again. The only reason I didn't check this out is because the sending party is notorious for "snoping"

Sorry!

yummy4tummy said:
Wouldn't you know it...the only time that I post something NOT verified by snopes I got fooled again. The only reason I didn't check this out is because the sending party is notorious for "snoping"

Sorry!

That's ok Valky....it happens to all of us. U just happened to be on snopes the other day and saw it...that's the only reason that I knew about it.

I'll tell you, it sounded GREAT to me, I was convinced....:D

I got this same thing in an email, and a co-worker and myself were going to try a few and see if they work.

1 Thing that is really important is to have:

ICE (in case of emergency) and a phone number to an emergency contact.

Mine is "ICE - Doug" (with cell, work, our home numbers) so EMTs or the Police will know that the person's name on the other end should be Doug.

Our state gov. recommended doing this. Hopefully it won't ever be needed but it's there just in case.

amcclanaghan said:
1 Thing that is really important is to have:

ICE (in case of emergency) and a phone number to an emergency contact.

Mine is "ICE - Doug" (with cell, work, our home numbers) so EMTs or the Police will know that the person's name on the other end should be Doug.

Our state gov. recommended doing this. Hopefully it won't ever be needed but it's there just in case.

I was just going to post the ICE thing, too! I have three ICE numbers stored.

1. What should I do if my cell phone gets wet?

If your cell phone gets wet, the first thing you should do is turn it off and remove the battery (if possible). Then, dry the phone and battery with a clean towel and let them air dry for at least 24 hours before attempting to turn it back on.

2. What should I do if my cell phone freezes or crashes?

If your cell phone freezes or crashes, try performing a soft reset by holding down the power button for 10-15 seconds. If that doesn't work, try removing the battery (if possible) and then reinserting it and turning the phone back on.

3. How can I conserve battery life in an emergency situation?

To conserve battery life in an emergency, try turning off unnecessary features such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and location services. You can also lower your screen brightness and close any apps that are running in the background.

4. How can I make sure my emergency contacts are easily accessible?

One way to make sure your emergency contacts are easily accessible is to add them to your favorites list or create a separate group in your contacts specifically for emergency contacts. You can also create speed dial shortcuts for your emergency contacts.

5. What should I do if my cell phone is lost or stolen?

If your cell phone is lost or stolen, the first thing you should do is remotely lock or erase your device using a tracking app or a service provided by your cell phone carrier. You should also contact your cell phone carrier to suspend your service and report the incident to the police.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
Replies
Views
Zombielicious
  • chefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies