• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boxtop Bonanza: My Cooking Show Perk!

In summary, a nice bonus to doing my cooking shows is that often at least one of the ingredients has a Boxtop for Education on it. My hosts all know that I have two young boys and nine out of ten hosts give me the boxtops when I am cleaning up after the demo. Just another little perk of the business!!
dannyzmom
Gold Member
...I hafta say, a nice bonus to doing my cooking shows is that often at least on of the ingredients has a Boxtop for Education on it. My hosts all know that I have two young boys (I talk about them incessantly - LOL) and 9 out of 10 hosts give me the boxtops when I am cleaning up after the demo. Just another little perk of the business!! LOL Last week I had a host who said she's been collectnig them for months but for no reasn - she figured sooner or later someone would need them...and she gave me like TWENTY!! My kids were THRILLED!! Last year I had a host who remembered Boxtops after our show...and about 4 months later mailed me a HUGE envelope FULL of them for my kids!!

Hey - if any of you do NOT collect boxtops, I would LOVE if you would save them for me!!!

What kind of boxtops are you talking about?

They are on lots of General Mills products- it says Box Tops for Education and each of them are worth 10 cents when schools turn them in!

Our schools have purchased computers, books, equipment, etc with the $$ raised from them.

They also get $$ from Campbell's for their labels!

I always ask my host if she collects them and if not, can I take them home for my kiddos to take into school. Most of them don't collect them so they let me have them!

pamperedlinda said:
What kind of boxtops are you talking about?

Boxtops for Education...BoxTops4Education.com - Earn Cash For Your School!
Our school uses them to buy books and computers, desks etc...we have a very culturally diverse school - this is a good thing in many ways, but a problem in that about 40% of the parents don't speak English very well. So when the PTA sends home notices asking parents to collect Boxtops and Campbell's Soup Labels and Soda Pop Tabs (for Ronald McDonald House), we get a poor response as so many parents can't and don't read the flyers. So I do my best to compensate by asking EVERYONE I know to send me their boxtops...

I'll have to start paying attention to that. I've never noticed it before. Is it regional or all over?

pamperedlinda said:
I'll have to start paying attention to that. I've never noticed it before. Is it regional or all over?

All over the US
If your schools don't need 'em or if your kids are not in school...I would LOVE if you'd save 'em for me!

A lady in my office collects them for her son's school, so I save them up for her!

I always take them off the package of whatever they've given me (crescent rolls) and ask my hosts if they collect them. If not, I take them home!

I have a container under my sink where all my box tops go.

Our local MOMS club collects them. Since most of us don't have school aged children yet, we divide them up periodically and deliver a whole bunch to the local school districts in our area. It's not much, but every little bit counts!

I save them for my kiddos!!! I have a big envelope from the summer time!!!

FYI- I saw some items at my grocery store recently that had double boxtops. Keep an eye open for them. I don't remember what they were specifically, except they were things that would be good for lunchboxes.

DebbieJ said:
I always take them off the package of whatever they've given me (crescent rolls) and ask my hosts if they collect them. If not, I take them home!

I have a container under my sink where all my box tops go.

Our local MOMS club collects them. Since most of us don't have school aged children yet, we divide them up periodically and deliver a whole bunch to the local school districts in our area. It's not much, but every little bit counts!

Oooh the Twixit Container would be perfect for those. I've been wondering where to put them so they wouldn't get lost! :balloon:

Ann~ I noticed some of those items, too! I got a bundle of 3 boxes of Kleenex that had 3 extra ones on the outside packaging, plus each box has one! I am always thrilled to find freebies!

BTW~ My Mom always collected BTFE as well as the Campbells soup labels- kept an envelope in our cutlery drawer for them. So, when I moved out of the house (didn't have kids then) I STILL collected them. Then, when I would run into cousins or friends that had kids, I would pass them along to them. Everyone should save them! You wouldn't throw away a dime that you found on a package...so save these "dimes" and find someone (well, Carolyn is offering to take them!) and donate them!! Once it's a habit you will always have a bunch of them waiting to donate!

wow, i'm going to have to start collecting them for my son's school, i had no idea! thanks ladies

General Mills has also started putting them on toilet paper and some feminine products. Hmmm...that might be an interesting conversation with your host!

We collect them also! If every kid at our elementary would just collect $5.00 worth, the school would earn over $6,500, which is such a great deal. At the beginning of last year, my daughter turned in $22.00 worth just from the summer.

My children also collect pop tops. The school collects them to benefit the Ronald McDonald House.

Lisa

Not every school uses them as fundraisers but I collect them anyway just in case I run into someone who says their school takes them.

How much does each box top equal?

chef_kimmo said:
Not every school uses them as fundraisers but I collect them anyway just in case I run into someone who says their school takes them.

ooooh ooooh! MY school takes them and I would LOVE them if you don't want them!!!:love: :love:

GourmetGirl said:
How much does each box top equal?

Each one is worth 10c.

chefann said:
FYI- I saw some items at my grocery store recently that had double boxtops. Keep an eye open for them. I don't remember what they were specifically, except they were things that would be good for lunchboxes.
I just bought Cinnamon Toast Crunch and there were two extra box tops on the box. I bought two boxes, so I had 6 box tops. It's a "sin" in my house if anyone tries to throw out or recycle something with a box top left on it. I always say "would you throw a dime away?"

JAE said:
I just bought Cinnamon Toast Crunch and there were two extra box tops on the box. I bought two boxes, so I had 6 box tops. It's a "sin" in my house if anyone tries to throw out or recycle something with a box top left on it. I always say "would you throw a dime away?"
JAE~

You must have been in my house and heard me say that! I can't tell you how many times I have said those exact words!! LOL Finally, this summer, my 12 yr. DSS and 15 yr. DSD started taking them off almost every time. Now, they didn't make it into my envelope in our cutlery drawer, they went on the counter for me to pick up...but that was a HUGE step!:D

Training your "downline" (DD/DS/DH, etc.) is done in baby steps... just baby steps...

Our school also takes those Tyson school labels. So if you guys having any of those floating around looking for a home let me know!! We do the Campbell's soup labels and the Box tops. I almost volunteered to collect them, but then I woke up!! You have to get everyone's box tops and trim them and sort them. Yeah, not for me!

See - that is why it is nice to have OCD parents like me... I trim the box tops before I send them in. I don't like having the unsightly ripped edges on the boxtops sitting on my counter. BTW... my boxtops are collected in my SA small bowl in the caddy - so they (the boxtops) are out for public display and therefore need to look nice.

For those unfamiliar with the Campbell's program, they also take labels from products manufactured by the same parent company, not just Campbell brand soup. And Market Day items are included, so if your school also does Market Day and they aren't telling people to save labels, they're missing out!

Here's a list: http://www.labelsforeducation.com/pdf/eligible_products.pdf

my mom used to bring home the soup labels it was a big pain in the rear end we had to rip them so they looked nice then but them in bundles and she would bring home 5 big boxes every time

Right now through Sept. they always have bonus boxtops. I use to be coordinator for my son's school. It is fun! I am always collecting the boxtops. Please make sure you turn them in ontime. They do have an expiration date and make sure you cleanly cut them. They won't take damaged boxtops. Just put you BT's in a baggy and hand them to your school. Also, please register at their site and choose your school. WHen you register your school should get some bonus BT's. They always have contests, shopping and a credit card so you can earn more for you school. Don't forget they also have coupons and recipes too.

Related to Boxtop Bonanza: My Cooking Show Perk!

What is Boxtop Bonanza: My Cooking Show Perk!?

Boxtop Bonanza: My Cooking Show Perk! is a rewards program for Pampered Chef consultants that allows them to earn points by hosting cooking shows and redeem those points for exclusive products and perks.

How do I earn points in the Boxtop Bonanza program?

There are several ways to earn points in the Boxtop Bonanza program. You can earn points by hosting cooking shows, recruiting new consultants, and reaching certain sales milestones. You can also earn bonus points for achieving certain goals or completing specific tasks.

What can I redeem my Boxtop Bonanza points for?

You can redeem your Boxtop Bonanza points for a variety of exclusive products and perks, such as limited edition cookware, kitchen tools, and business supplies. You can also use your points to attend special training events and conferences.

Can I combine Boxtop Bonanza points with other rewards programs?

No, Boxtop Bonanza points cannot be combined with points from other rewards programs. However, you can choose which program you would like to redeem your points for, so you can use them for the rewards that best fit your needs.

How do I track my Boxtop Bonanza points and rewards?

You can track your Boxtop Bonanza points and rewards on your consultant dashboard. Simply log in to your account and click on the Boxtop Bonanza tab to view your current points balance and available rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• StacieB
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • NewbyPChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
skaugchef
  • emiscookin