• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Catching up with an old acquaintance & their cooking show success

In summary, the gal that hosted a show for me last January recently had another show last night. My question is whether or not I should approach her. I'm going to walk right past her, and say hi to her on my way in to host-coach another host (who also works at the school). Considering how things went last year, I'm not surprised she's gone with another consultant, but I still hope she has a great show.
SpiritdancerIA
Gold Member
So, there's this gal that hosted a show for me last January. I see her several times a week (she works at the school where my older son attends).

First off, it was my first Cooking show - and it was more or less a comedy of errors (including my husband deciding he couldn't deal with the then 6 month old 5 minutes before the show was to start - he brought the boy by and dropped him off).

I just found out (via Facebook, of all places), that she had a show last night.

My question is - I'd kinda like to ask her how her show went. I'm going to walk right past her, and say hi to her on my way in to host-coach another host (who also works at the school). Considering how things went last year, I'm not surprised she's gone with another consultant :) - but I still hope she has a great show.

What do you all think?

Sure you can approach her, just keep the conversation positive. Let her know you are still doing PC and was grateful that she helped pioneer your business. Let her mention that she had another show last night, otherwise she may think you are stalking her. LOL

Yeah, I don't think I'd bring it up. It would be awkward for the both of you. She might think it was odd you know about it and be embarrassed and worried that you are offended.

Your hubby brought your BABY to your show and left him??

chefsteph07 said:

Actually, I was thinking of doing a theme show - One Arm Cooking w/PC. A lot of my customers are young mothers and I cook all the time with the smallest Patton on my hip. I just haven't figured out how to do checkout while hold the little guy. But PC products are easier to use one-armed then other kitchen stuff.

chefsteph07 said:

Yes - I am STILL upset about that one a year later. He doesn't do a lot with the kids because he "doesn't know how". Hey, I learned on the job!

Crystal Patton said:
Actually, I was thinking of doing a theme show - One Arm Cooking w/PC. A lot of my customers are young mothers and I cook all the time with the smallest Patton on my hip. I just haven't figured out how to do checkout while hold the little guy. But PC products are easier to use one-armed then other kitchen stuff.

A sling helps a lot - it can let you hold him while freeing up your hands.

I'd recommend sticking to a no-cook or microwave only recipe, tho! :)

DessertDivaFL said:
Sure you can approach her, just keep the conversation positive. Let her know you are still doing PC and was grateful that she helped pioneer your business. Let her mention that she had another show last night, otherwise she may think you are stalking her. LOL

Re: stalking - well, she did post it on her FB as what she was doing (looking forward to a chocolate recipe at her PC show). And she just "friended" me in the last week :)

SpiritdancerIA said:
Yes - I am STILL upset about that one a year later. He doesn't do a lot with the kids because he "doesn't know how". Hey, I learned on the job!

After that, I'd stop telling him the address of your shows! Sheesh! That's pretty ballsy! How did your host act? I know I'm totally not on topic w/ this thread, but I am just fascinated by this...LOL

chefsteph07 said:
After that, I'd stop telling him the address of your shows! Sheesh! That's pretty ballsy! How did your host act? I know I'm totally not on topic w/ this thread, but I am just fascinated by this...LOL

Well, since she's not apparently having a show with another consultant ... (she didn't say anything at the time, but she's been pretty bland (non-responsive) any time I've talked with her about PC since then. And I actually went in and sorted out all of her show orders when they came in :sigh:

What has your old acquaintance been up to since their cooking show success?

Since their cooking show success, my old acquaintance has been busy traveling and doing promotional events for their brand. They have also released a cookbook and launched a line of kitchen products.

How did your old acquaintance get started in the cooking show industry?

My old acquaintance has always had a passion for cooking and entertaining. They started by hosting small dinner parties and eventually got noticed by a producer who offered them a cooking show.

What inspired your old acquaintance to create their own line of kitchen products?

After the success of their cooking show, my old acquaintance received numerous requests from viewers asking about the kitchen tools and gadgets they used on the show. This inspired them to create their own line of products that were both functional and stylish.

What sets your old acquaintance's cooking show apart from other cooking shows?

What sets my old acquaintance's cooking show apart is their unique and approachable style of cooking. They focus on using simple and fresh ingredients, while also sharing personal stories and tips from their own cooking experiences.

Can viewers purchase the recipes featured on your old acquaintance's cooking show?

Yes, viewers can purchase the recipes featured on my old acquaintance's cooking show through their website or cookbook. They also offer cooking classes and workshops for those who want to learn how to make the dishes featured on the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Hunter Mom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • AmyDare
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Mindy50135