• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Orlando Trip: Tips, Suggestions, and Excitement for Our Week-Long Getaway

In summary, Stacie is preparing to leave for a week-long trip to Orlando and is looking forward to spending time away. The weather is expected to be rainy, but she is hoping for a change in the weather. She recommends bringing extra cash or travelers checks in case of rain, as well as taking note of any special events going on during the trip. Stacie lives in the St. Petersburg area, which is close to both the Tampa and Orlando areas. The weather in Orlando can change quickly, while in Tampa it is more consistent. Halloween celebrations are always fun, with kids and adults alike. Stacie has previously worked for Disney and is happy to offer any advice to her hosts regarding the trip.
StacieB
Gold Member
We are leaving for a week long trip tp Orlando on Sat. So looking forward to time away. Should be interesting as my parents are taking my whole family of 5 and my sister and bil. We are staying in a 3 room condo. I looked at the weather and it shows rain. I am hoping that they weather changes as much there as it does here. I would hate to have Rain everyday!! For those that live there can the weather change quickly? Should I take more cash or travelers checks? Any must see spots!! Since it is Halloween Time they have a special parade, trick or treating and fireworks at night. The boys are Dopie and Grumpy and Rachel will be Snow White. The rest of us adults will all be dwarfs too. I am sneezy!! LOL Will be a bittersweet trip as my dad has cancer and is starting to run out of options and my parents wanted us to all take this trip before he gets more sick.

I have 2 cooking and I catalog show to close prior to leaving so I hope my hosts finish up.

Wish you luck sounds like you guys will have a good time for great memories take alot of pictures of your kids and your dad I have pictures of my grandfather before he pasted with my children and i look at them often and wished we could of done it sooner but i am totally greatful for the memories that i have with him... On with your hostess i am feeling the same i am wanting to get qualifed and one of my hostess i can't seem to connect with her since her show. I will have met both qualifing 4 shows and 1250.00 in sales. I will keep my fingers crossed for your hostess maybe it will give me luck with one of my hostess as well.

Stacie,
I live in the St. Pete area near the beach(gulf side) and the weather does change quickly. It can be just beautiful sunny weather here near the beach and pouring rain just across the bridge in Tampa. Orlando is a little warmer (or should I say more humid) but this time of year is very nice down here, actually an overcast day makes it nice to get out and do some things.
I would bring light jackets just in case, but it looks like the upper 80's for the most part.
As far as festivies, the Halloween celebrations in the parks are always fun-kids and adults too, definately have lots of picture opportunity. I used to work for Disney years ago so if you need anymore help or suggestions, send me a pm or email and I will be happy to help!
Enjoy your trip down and be safe.

Thanks for the tips, I PM'd you Gretchen!!

Related to Orlando Trip: Tips, Suggestions, and Excitement for Our Week-Long Getaway

1. What are some must-visit attractions in Orlando?

Orlando is home to numerous popular attractions, including Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando, and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Other must-visit places include the Kennedy Space Center, International Drive, and the Orlando Eye.

2. What is the best time to visit Orlando?

The best time to visit Orlando is from January to April, when the weather is mild and there are fewer crowds. Avoid visiting during the summer months, as it can get very hot and crowded due to school vacations.

3. Are there any budget-friendly options for accommodations in Orlando?

Yes, there are plenty of budget-friendly options for accommodations in Orlando. Consider staying at a hotel or vacation rental outside of the theme park area, or look for deals and discounts on websites like Expedia or Airbnb.

4. What are some recommended restaurants in Orlando?

Some popular restaurants in Orlando include The Ravenous Pig, Yellow Dog Eats, and The Boathouse. You can also find a variety of international cuisine options on International Drive, or try the famous food trucks at the Orlando Food Truck Bazaar.

5. Are there any special events or festivals happening in Orlando on Saturday?

There are always events and festivals happening in Orlando, so it's best to check online for specific dates and locations. Some popular events include the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, the Orlando Fringe Festival, and the Orlando Beer Festival.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jwpamp
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lacychef