• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Darcy's Exciting Adventure: From the Incentive Trip to Emergency Surgery

In summary, Darcy had a great time on the Pampered Chef Incentive trip, but before leaving, she had to deal with kidney stones and had two emergency surgeries. She was able to enjoy the trip without any problems, but on the flight back home, she had another attack and has been in the hospital since. She is now recovering and will have to take it easy for a while, meaning she may not be able to work for some time. Her friends and colleagues are sending her well wishes and hoping for a quick recovery.
OhmyDLM
Silver Member
Ok, so I've been MIA for the last month or so, let me fill you in!

I had the BEST time on Pampered Chef's Incentive trip on the Sovereign of the Seas and even had the pleasure of meeting several of you on the ship! Matt and I also enjoyed a week in the sun at our timeshare in Sarasotta Florida after we got off the cruise. The weather turned around and we had nothing but bright and sunny skies and relaxation time together.

Many of you know that BEFORE we left for the trip, I had spent a lot of time in the hospital suferring with humanly impassable kidney stones that they cannot get out until after I have the baby. I had two emergency surgeries before leaving but am happy to say that I felt WONDERFUL on the trip and didn't have any problems at all, although I made sure to keep on my medical records on hand!

Well LONG STORY SHORT, we flew home on April 25th and during our flight, I had ANOTHER kidney stone attack! I've been in the hospital ever since. Infact, I just got out on Friday night, another emergency surgery later. I'm super sorry I've been MIA, I have so many threads to get caught up on. I hope you all had wonderful times on your incentive trips and I'm looking forward to reading all about them! I should have plenty of time to do so as I recover on the couch... bad news is, I had a full show schedule this month and now it's looking like I won't be able to work for quite some time... I'm super bummed about that!

<3 Darcy

Wow, Darcy, i"m sorry to hear you had another attack!! I hope everything is resolved now. I had a lot of fun at the roulette tables with you and it was great to meet you! Good luck in your recovery!

Oh Darcy! {{{{{HUGS}}}}} I am so glad you had a great time on the trip (once the airline drama was over)! Take care of yourself, take it easy!

PS: I just have to say that PC had nerve to imply that you shouldn't have traveled the day of the cruise when MOST DO - and they put that time limitation on you. Here's hoping they do reimburse your mom.:pray: What a great mom, by the way!

Oh no Darcy! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Oh my goodness Darcy! I'm so sorry to hear of ANOTHER attack AND your full schedule. I'm sure once you tell your hosts, they'll reschedule with you.

It was very nice meeting you at the Roulette table (as I was watching you and Becky!) and shopping on the ship. You look great and Im glad you finally made it aboard!

Oh no Darcy! I am so sorry! Get well soon!

DARCY! What is up with these stones, girl? Don't they know this is just very inconvenient for you (not to mention painful)? The good news is that June is sell-a-thon, so make sure those May shows book for June! Keep yourself well!

Darcy, I really hope you feel better and do not have any more attacks. My sister has kidney stones (has had them since she was 14). I honestly don't know if I've ever seen anyone in as much pain as I saw her in with the last one. At least she's able to pass her's and she could be in good drugs to help with the pain. Take care of your self and your baby!! I'll say an extra prayer for you tonight. While I know most of us aren't close in location, don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do!!!

Sorry to hear all this Darcy. I hope your recovery is quick!

Darcy...so sorry to hear about this. Not the way to end a trip :( Sorry we didn't meet on the cruise. It went by so fast!!! And what fun:party::sun: Glad to hear that you are on the mend and catching up with us.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} for a fast recovery!:chef:

1. What is "Darcy's Exciting Adventure: From the Incentive Trip to Emergency Surgery" about?

"Darcy's Exciting Adventure: From the Incentive Trip to Emergency Surgery" is a heartfelt and inspiring story about a Pampered Chef consultant named Darcy who goes on an incentive trip to Hawaii, but unexpectedly ends up in the hospital for emergency surgery. Despite the challenges and setbacks, she continues to find joy and purpose as a consultant and shares her story to inspire others.

2. Is this book only for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, this book is for anyone who loves a good story and is looking for inspiration and motivation. While it is based on a Pampered Chef consultant's experience, the themes of resilience, determination, and finding joy in the face of adversity are universal and relatable to all readers.

3. Will I learn about Pampered Chef and its products in this book?

Yes, "Darcy's Exciting Adventure" does feature Pampered Chef and its products, as it is a part of Darcy's journey as a consultant. However, the focus of the book is not on selling products, but rather on Darcy's personal story and the lessons she learns along the way.

4. How does this book tie into Pampered Chef's mission and values?

Pampered Chef's mission is to enrich lives by bringing families together in the kitchen, and this book aligns with that mission by showcasing the impact that the company and its consultants can have on individuals and families. The values of collaboration, authenticity, and continuous improvement are also exemplified throughout Darcy's story.

5. Can I purchase this book through Pampered Chef?

Yes, "Darcy's Exciting Adventure" is available for purchase through Pampered Chef's website or through a consultant. It is also available on other major online retailers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkugler
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • OhmyDLM
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • rockstarchef23