• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Bad Weather: Canceling a Show in Maine | Tips from a Worried Host

In summary, Has anyone ever canceled a show due to bad weather? I live in Maine and we received 8 inches over night and now it's freezing rain... supposed to be all day! I'm not normally against driving in the snow but if I am having reservations don't you think the guests will as well? I have to admit I am a little nervous. It is still early in the morning so I guess I am kinda waiting. I'm planning on going anyway unless the host cancels.
Brandi2007
Has anyone ever canceled a show due to bad weather? I live in Maine and we received 8 inches over night and now it's freezing rain... supposed to be all day! :eek: I'm not normally against driving in the snow but if I am having reservations don't you think the guests will as well? I have to admit I am a little nervous. It is still early in the morning so I guess I am kinda waiting. I'm planning on going anyway unless the host cancels. (guess I have just answered my own question!):eek: I don't want anyone to risk their lives but I also don't want to start off on a bad foot with some guests and also this host is a potential recruit!!!!! SUMMER NEEDS TO URRY UP!:mad:

I would call your host and see what she thinks and if her guests have been calling her. If no one is comming it's not worth your time. Try to reschedule or turn it into a catty show. Maybee have her get on the phone or email and do a "blizzard show" (just made that up) ;)

where in Maine are you? My Grandma is in Kittery. Spent 1/2 my life there and across the border in Portsmouth. Sometimes I miss the east coast!

"BLIZZARD SHOW" hmmm may have to consider that one! I wish I had confernce call ability that would help. It's still a little early so I am giving the host another hour or so before I call her. I would prefer to reschedule opposed to catalog because this show has awesome potential... without the snow...

I live in Standish which is close to Portland.

Thanks for the shoulder to lean on!

NO worries! That's why we are here! If you show has potential I would try to reschedule it close like next Sat if you can. If the weather is that icky your host will understand. I had a similar sit 3 weeks ago. The host said yeah everyone is comming so I drove over an hr. Yeah everyone came but she did not tell me it was everyone who had been at her sisters show the week before! UG!!! Drive home was nuts! took me 2hrs! Thank God for 4WD!!!!

Thank goodness MN is similar to Maine (the people I mean) at least after you get out of the city. Sometimes I really miss it! My Grandma used to go to Standish all the time but I can't remember why??? I love to fly into the Portland airport when I come home.

:( Host just called to cancel the show.... nevermind:( I have to admit I am bummed but at least everyone will be safe!

Brandi2007 said:
:( Host just called to cancel the show.... nevermind:( I have to admit I am bummed but at least everyone will be safe!
Make sure you reschedule!

She definitely wants to reschedule but wasn't sure of a date. I will be calling her Monday. She was going to receive a new product for holding her show on the dae scheduled I think I am still going to offer it to her as long as she books and holds a show before "?date?". After-all she can't control mother nature and she has been really great so far!

Sorry to hear about your show getting cancelled. We got 10 inches where I live yesterday and they are predicting another 1-2 today. Fortunately, the air is warming up and quickly so it should melt away fast. I have an open house show at a host's house with multiple consultants tomorrow and hope that it doesn't deter people coming.

Look on the bright side, pretty soon the spring flowers will be here and no one will be cancelling due to too much sunshine!! Think of all the time you have now to play in the snow today. Get out and build a snowman and lift your spirits!

Stay cozy!

they don't cancel due to too much sunshine? HA!! sunny spring days ares my worst selling time, guests plan on coming then they are at the park with kids who are having too much fun to leave, they are at ballgames, working in yards etc. Sunshine can be a bad thing! :) just not a dangerous driving hazard

Teresa Lynn said:
they don't cancel due to too much sunshine? HA!! sunny spring days ares my worst selling time, guests plan on coming then they are at the park with kids who are having too much fun to leave, they are at ballgames, working in yards etc. Sunshine can be a bad thing! :) just not a dangerous driving hazard
LOL! My shows are the same way! There are so few nice, warm days here that when we get them people have priotities over PC!!

I believe you but CAN'T believe that! The show I attended before I signed up was in August, right after a pool party for MOPS and everyone was really excited to be there and we had a great time! I'd rather go to a PC show in the nice warm evening weather than out in the miserable freezing cold or rain any day!
Think the Taste of the Tropics will draw them in? If this is how business goes during the summer, I am going to rethink my summer recipe plan and have them fire up their grills on their decks. Can't wait until it gets "hot, hot, hot"!!! Bring on the tropical weather!

gilliandanielle said:
LOL! My shows are the same way! There are so few nice, warm days here that when we get them people have priotities over PC!!

You live in Alaska.....what's the length of "warm" air weather up there and how hot does it get at the peak of your "summer"?
:cool:

oh darlin believe me!!
we have nice days like that in the spring for about 6-10 days then we jump into a heatwave. I forget how many days the past few years we stayed over 100 degrees each year I think we break the record. It is miserable to even go to the store. Forget buying your kids the frozen treats like we used to enjoy. By the time you drive them home they are a melted gooey, oozing mess. I used to take a cooler not anymore we just go camp out at DQ, Sonic or cold stone for a treat!!

chefdianne said:
Sorry to hear about your show getting cancelled. We got 10 inches where I live yesterday and they are predicting another 1-2 today. Fortunately, the air is warming up and quickly so it should melt away fast. I have an open house show at a host's house with multiple consultants tomorrow and hope that it doesn't deter people coming.

Look on the bright side, pretty soon the spring flowers will be here and no one will be cancelling due to too much sunshine!! Think of all the time you have now to play in the snow today. Get out and build a snowman and lift your spirits!

Stay cozy!

You do have to be careful because it may warm up to melt but when the temperature drops below freezing whatever was melted freezes up---I know what I am talking about and hate the ice!!!!!

So true Harriet! Not too mention the floods!!
And thanks to Teresa Lynn up above there, I am now craving the Peanut Buster Parfait from DQ!!! Dear heaven's!! We don't have a Sonic around here yet so I don't know what they have but my family and I sure do love any excuse to eat ice cream!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Just wanted to let you all know that this wonderful host rescheduled today for April 14th which just so happened to be my next free date! She is so awesome! :D

Brandi2007 said:
Just wanted to let you all know that this wonderful host rescheduled today for April 14th which just so happened to be my next free date! She is so awesome! :D

That is great.

Awesome Brandi! Glad to hear it!

1. How do I know if I should cancel my show due to bad weather?

To determine whether or not to cancel your show, first consider the severity of the weather. If there are extreme conditions that could put you or your guests at risk, it is best to err on the side of caution and cancel the show. Additionally, if there are travel restrictions or road closures in your area, it may not be safe for guests to attend. Use your best judgment and prioritize everyone's safety.

2. What if I have already invited guests to my show but need to cancel due to bad weather?

If you have already invited guests to your show but need to cancel, reach out to them as soon as possible to let them know. Offer to reschedule the show for a later date or provide them with a catalog or virtual show option. Be sure to apologize for any inconvenience and thank them for their understanding.

3. Will I still earn host rewards if I have to cancel my show due to bad weather?

Yes, you will still earn host rewards even if you have to cancel your show due to bad weather. Pampered Chef wants to ensure that hosts are not penalized for circumstances beyond their control. We will work with you to reschedule the show or provide alternative options to still earn your desired rewards.

4. Can I still place an order or have a virtual show if my in-person show is canceled due to bad weather?

Absolutely! If your in-person show is canceled, you can still place an order or have a virtual show. Simply reach out to your consultant to make arrangements. Keep in mind that with a virtual show, there may be a slight delay in receiving your products due to potential shipping delays caused by the bad weather.

5. What if my consultant is unable to make it to my show due to bad weather?

If your consultant is unable to make it to your show due to bad weather, they will work with you to find a suitable replacement or offer alternative options, such as a virtual show or rescheduling the event. Your consultant will communicate with you as soon as possible to discuss the best course of action.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
nicki25