• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organizing for Success: Dealing with Mistakes and Stress as a Host

I'm forgetting things. I plan to put it in a special hosting binder. I am just starting to implement things like mailing invites myself, so I am still working out the kinks. I am upset about the guest list mix-up, should I send out 24 invitations or ask the hosts for more names? Here is the checklist I have put together. Am I forgetting anything?
babywings76
Gold Member
Okay, I feel like I am constantly making mistakes "to learn from". I know they say anyone can do this, and it's Pampered, not perfect, but...
How many times am I going to goof before I have things figured out right. I don't know if I'm having a hard time because I'm a scatterbrained idiot or if I'm just crazy with a fried "mommy brain". I just keep forgetting to give hosts things, or not enough of things. Now I am realizing that for all my hosts that are filling out those 3 carbon copy guest list labels from the Supply order, I should have given them 2 forms. For some reason I was thinking they had 40 entries on them. Nope. Now, I give them the 50 in 5 minutes to brainstorm, only to give them a guest list form that only fits 24 names! So now what?! I am wanting to mail their invitations, and was hoping to invite 40 to their shows. Ugggg! Then for my host that I forgot to give the specials to, who doesn't like to use e-mail... I'm just thinking now that oops, we probably should have decided on her recipe so I could've included her shopping list in that packet I sent out. I keep having to mail things, I'm wasting money on postage. My brain is starting to hurt because I'm going crazy thinking about all the little details I need to keep track of for all my upcoming shows. I have been so fortunate to get a lot of November bookings, but now I'm so scared of failing miserably. People are going to think I am so unorganized and run away from me! I feel so stressed out because I want to succeed so bad. I feel organized and ready one minute only to doubt myself the next!

I'm sorry to vent again, please don't get upset with me.

Amanda, First of all, breathe ... It is going to be ok, I promise. Each one of us felt this way starting out. Something that helped me was to make a check list of everything I need to do for the show, and put it on the front of the file, in front of my face. Eventually, I will make up a master check-list, one for cooking show, and one for catalog show.

Last edited:
Make yourself a list of what you want each of your hosts to have and keep it somewhere you can have easy access to it. You are doing great, just slow down and take a deep breath it may help you tremendously. Keep up the good work. You will get there with time. Nothing happens overnight. It takes practice to run smoothly.

mrssyvo said:
Amanda, First of all, breathe ... It is going to be ok, I promise. Each one of us felt this way starting out. Something that helped me was to make a check list of everything I need to do for the show, and put it on the front of the file, in front of my face. Eventually, I will make up a master check-list, one for cooking show, and one for catalog show.

DITTO!!!

When I was new I made up a list of everything that was to go into:
Host packets
Catalog packets

Stuff like this.

I also made up this sheet to keep me on track. It works great when I use it!

The one that is blank at the top I run thru the printer and print the host info from PPP (Reports, contacts, followup) it will have all the host info (if you have entered it into PPP).

Attachments

• Host info Sheet.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 231
  • Host info Sheet2.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 201
Thanks for listening...I'm making up a checklist right now. I'll post it when I'm done and see what you guys think. See, I thought I was doing okay because I made a chart on my white dry erase board with info helping me to keep track, but I guess it wasn't that comprehensive of a list, so I'm forgetting certain things. Having a check list in a special hosting binder, I think, will help me. Being that I'm just starting to implement certain things, like mailing out the invites myself, I don't have the kinks out of the system yet. I'm still upset about the guest list thing. I don't know what to do. Should I just send out the 24 invitations? Or do I call the hosts and see if they want to give me more names? How do I ask them without sounding like I don't know what I'm doing? Any advice?

Here's what I've put together. Am I forgetting anything? :)

Attachments

• Host Info Sheet Checklist.doc
    25 KB · Views: 333
babywings76 said:
Thanks for listening...

I'm making up a checklist right now. I'll post it when I'm done and see what you guys think. See, I thought I was doing okay because I made a chart on my white dry erase board with info helping me to keep track, but I guess it wasn't that comprehensive of a list, so I'm forgetting certain things. Having a check list in a special hosting binder, I think, will help me.

Being that I'm just starting to implement certain things, like mailing out the invites myself, I don't have the kinks out of the system yet. I'm still upset about the guest list thing. I don't know what to do. Should I just send out the 24 invitations? Or do I call the hosts and see if they want to give me more names? How do I ask them without sounding like I don't know what I'm doing? Any advice?

Just call tham and say something like... " you know I am still getting used to my new business and I just realized that the labels I sent only had room for 24 names! Of course I would love for you to invite more especially if the 50 in 5 sheet helped you brainstorm lots of people! If you have others you would like to send invites too I can take them over the phone or could you please email them to me by tomorrow morning?"

Simple as that. You will not sound dumb if you explain that this is a new thing you are doing and did not realize. It shows you are checking over your work and looking out for them.

I got this on here some time ago. I thought you might like to look at it.

Attachments

• Host_Info_Sheet-Duska[1].doc
    31 KB · Views: 255
tlag1986 said:
I got this on here some time ago. I thought you might like to look at it.

Wow, now that's way better than what I made. Thanks! :) I'll be using that from now on! Here's to keeping me better organized! :)

etteluap70PC said:
Just call tham and say something like... " you know I am still getting used to my new business and I just realized that the labels I sent only had room for 24 names! Of course I would love for you to invite more especially if the 50 in 5 sheet helped you brainstorm lots of people! If you have others you would like to send invites too I can take them over the phone or could you please email them to me by tomorrow morning?"

Simple as that. You will not sound dumb if you explain that this is a new thing you are doing and did not realize. It shows you are checking over your work and looking out for them.

Thank you for putting the words together for me. That sounds great. :)

I keep everything in folders in a basket so when I make host packets I carry my basket to the dining room table and have an assembly line
the only thing I need to add is the monthly host and guest special before getting the packet to the host
I make 15-20 at a time and its so easy to do it like this.
I stack me catalogs on the bottom of the pile (one marked host copy) on top with my magnet, business card , wish list flags and all the info she needs recipes, opportunity info etc then all I need to do is write the date on her host planner & add the OOF and host/guest special as needed

1. What is "I'm Getting so Flustered!"?

"I'm Getting so Flustered!" is a versatile seasoning blend from Pampered Chef that adds flavor and depth to a variety of dishes.

2. What ingredients are in "I'm Getting so Flustered!"?

The ingredients in "I'm Getting so Flustered!" include salt, red bell pepper, onion, paprika, garlic, black pepper, and natural flavors.

3. How can I use "I'm Getting so Flustered!" in my cooking?

"I'm Getting so Flustered!" can be used as a rub for meats, added to marinades, sprinkled on vegetables, or mixed into sauces and dips for a burst of flavor.

4. Is "I'm Getting so Flustered!" gluten-free?

Yes, "I'm Getting so Flustered!" is gluten-free, making it a great option for those with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease.

5. Can I purchase "I'm Getting so Flustered!" in stores or only through Pampered Chef?

"I'm Getting so Flustered!" is exclusively sold through Pampered Chef and can be purchased through a consultant or on the company's website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
vhadley
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kaseydee