• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hoarse Voice Remedy: Need Help Before My Show Tomorrow!

In summary, anybody know of a good remedy for a hoarse voice? Debbie and Cathy each say different things that work for them. Debbie recommends gargling with warm salt water, Cathy recommends trying not to talk, and airborne is the best remedy for avoiding the stomach thing the rest of the family had.
urbnk8
Anybody know of a good remedy for a hoarse voice? I have a show tomorrow night and I'm afraid it will get worse. I had a sore throat for a few days that turned into a cold. I'm feeling better but my voice is a little rough. I'm afraid that by the time my show starts, I won't be able to talk at all! Any ideas?

HmmmmWell what works for me is warm drinks. Hot teas, hot chocolate (I just love hot chocolate) and no ice in any of my drinks.

Also try some honey and lemon. It works wonders for me.

Debbie :D

gargle with warm (not hot!) salt water, too. that helps to heal the irritation at the back of the throat.I usually also take an antihistamine, since usually when I start to get hoarse it's a sign that I've got post-nasal drip at night and don't realize it!

Airborne- is the best! I take it from the start of feeling a cold coming on. I have avoided all but one, when I didn't take my airborne from the start. I teach 27 kids everyday, so I can swear by it. Also, tea with honey is great. I'm on Airborne right now to avoid the stomach thing the rest of my family had.

I second what Debbie said - warm drinks! I'm actually going through the same thing right now. I thought it was allergies, but it's not!

But....if you do lose your voice, do an interactive show! Have the recipe instructions written out on 3 x 5 cards and pass them out to the audience. They come up one at a time and read the directions, you demo the tools. It is a total hoot--I've done this a couple of times when I had laryngitis and the shows are funny and usually lots of sales because the audience so gets into it!

Q: Why couldn't the pony talk?A: Because he was a little horse.

What is airborne? I am working midnights tonight and have just returned with some hot salt water as I also have a sore throat and do not want it to become much worse. I have a show Friday evening and one more midnight to work.
Cathy

Try not to talk!:D

Honey w/lemon
Warm salt water gargle
When I was a kid we used to suck on horehound lozenges but I haven't seen those in years.
You can also get slippery elm lozenges that help open the throat as well. Get the cherry flavored, the 'original' flavor isn't that pleasant.

I did a show once with NO voice... I did make it more interactive and we got lots of laughs out of me trying to sign things ... I didn't want to cancel on her b/c she had 18 confirmed guests. It ended up an 1100 show so I was REALLY glad I went! Try and rest your voice totally between now and the show...really rest it... NO talking! And you'll be surprised .... I prayed all day that I would be able to say what I needed to say and it was amazing that God gave me some volume to answer their questions when I needed to but as soon as the guests were gone... so was any audible sound from my voice. I often look back on that show and believe that He was showing me that HE is in total control of my life and my business if I'll just get out of the driver's seat!

Thank you sooo much everybody! I have airborne too, I don't know why I haven't thought to take it!! Hopefully everything will work out alright. I will definitely be using all this advice!

Related to Hoarse Voice Remedy: Need Help Before My Show Tomorrow!

1. What is the best remedy for a hoarse voice before a show?

The best remedy for a hoarse voice before a show is to rest your voice as much as possible. This means avoiding talking or singing loudly, whispering, or screaming. Additionally, drinking plenty of water and staying hydrated can help soothe a hoarse voice. Throat lozenges or sprays can also provide temporary relief.

2. How long does it take for a hoarse voice to go away?

The length of time it takes for a hoarse voice to go away can vary depending on the cause. In most cases, a hoarse voice will go away within a few days to a week. However, if the hoarseness persists for more than two weeks, it is important to consult a doctor as it may be a sign of a more serious issue.

3. Can I still perform with a hoarse voice?

It is not recommended to perform with a hoarse voice as it can put strain on your vocal cords and potentially worsen the condition. If possible, try to rest your voice and reschedule the show for when your voice has fully recovered.

4. Will honey and tea help with a hoarse voice?

Honey and tea can provide temporary relief for a hoarse voice by soothing the throat. However, they will not cure a hoarse voice and should not be relied on as the sole remedy. It is important to rest your voice and allow it time to heal.

5. Are there any home remedies for a hoarse voice?

Aside from resting your voice, there are a few home remedies that may help with a hoarse voice. Gargling with warm salt water can help reduce inflammation in the throat. Steam inhalation can also help soothe the vocal cords. Additionally, there are certain herbal teas and throat sprays that can provide relief. However, if the hoarseness persists, it is important to consult a doctor for proper treatment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • DebbieSAChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates