• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oh No! Show Tonight and No Voice!

In summary, if you have a show tonight, bring honey and lemon to help with your voice, and if you don't have a voice, try to have someone else do the demo for you.
Jessamary
What am I going to do? I know for the past few days, I've been waking up and clearing my throat more than usual. This morning, I woke up and my voice was pretty bad...and it's getting worse as the day moves on.

I have a HUGE show tonight (think 30+ people, which is absolutely ginormous for me). How am I going to do this with no voice?!

Bring on the old wives tales...how do I get my voice back (or at least not lost it entirely) by 6:30 tonight???

This would be a good time to do an interactive maybe
What are you demoing?
You can ask the guests at the beginning of the show if they have that particular product you are using and have THEM explain what to use it for...

I'm adding on to my post, I think that's a good idea actually!
You can come in, explain to everyone about your voice, tell them you are going to do the demo and when it comes to the product they are using, have them explain it or if noone has it, have them think of uses for it.

Try honey & lemon

DON'T TALK between now and then!

If I had a show this evening, I'd be right there with you! I lose my voice all the time, and have a URI (graciously shared w/ me by my 4 yr old) right now, and it always goes straight to my throat!

Honey & lemon does help....but I love the idea of letting others do your work for you! What a perfect chance to do an interactive show!

The day of my big fundraiser ($5000) I didn't have a voice. We were expecting 35 people, and I was panicking. I wasn't doing a demo, the food was made in advance by myself and some others who were doing the fundraiser. I stood in the middle of the room - introduced myself, and then asked for those who had hosted shows to come stand with me. I had them all tell what their favorite products were, and then 2 ways that they use their favorite products. That helped alot, and took the pressure off me!

I'm on the interactive "use your guests" bandwagon, too. Once you explain the situation, people will understand.And you might get some bookings for when you do have a voice and can do your normal show. :)

Jessamary said:
What am I going to do? I know for the past few days, I've been waking up and clearing my throat more than usual. This morning, I woke up and my voice was pretty bad...and it's getting worse as the day moves on.

I have a HUGE show tonight (think 30+ people, which is absolutely ginormous for me). How am I going to do this with no voice?!

Bring on the old wives tales...how do I get my voice back (or at least not lost it entirely) by 6:30 tonight???

Uh oh, is the bug going around by the Dells, too? Me and my hubby both got sick, and he has bronchitis right now (barely has any voice left.) I hope it doesn't get to you too!! :yuck:

Jessica, what's the update on this? What did you end up doing for your show last night?

Maybe with your voice problem...you'll have EVERYONE'S attention :eek: wouldn't that be a first! LOL JK

It may end up being a GOOD thing! Good luck!

Update! Well, somehow I got my voice back...or at least it didn't get any worse last night. It was a huge show and it became my best ever...right now it's at $1032.

Maybe I should get sick more often.

But now, oh I'm paying for it. I have zero voice. I put my symptoms into wrongdiagnosis.com and it said I have throat cancer. The site lives up to its name.

Jessamary said:
Update! Well, somehow I got my voice back...or at least it didn't get any worse last night. It was a huge show and it became my best ever...right now it's at $1032.

But now, oh I'm paying for it. I have zero voice. I put my symptoms into wrongdiagnosis.com and it said I have throat cancer. The site lives up to its name.

LOL!!!! :eek:

Jessamary said:

Oh my gosh, I'm cracking up right now!!! Too funny...not that you are sick, but that it came up with throat cancer.

I hope you feel better soon! :)

Related to Oh No! Show Tonight and No Voice!

What is "Oh No! Show Tonight and No Voice!"?

"Oh No! Show Tonight and No Voice!" is a cooking demonstration and sales event hosted by Pampered chef. It showcases our high-quality kitchen tools and products, as well as delicious recipes and cooking techniques.

When and where is the "Oh No! Show Tonight and No Voice!" event held?

The "Oh No! Show Tonight and No Voice!" event is held at various locations throughout the year. You can check our website or social media pages for upcoming dates and locations.

Do I need to purchase tickets to attend the "Oh No! Show Tonight and No Voice!" event?

No, tickets are not required for this event. It is free to attend and open to the public.

Will there be any special deals or promotions at the "Oh No! Show Tonight and No Voice!" event?

Yes, we often offer exclusive deals and promotions at the "Oh No! Show Tonight and No Voice!" event. Be sure to attend and don't miss out on these great offers!

Can I bring a friend or family member to the "Oh No! Show Tonight and No Voice!" event?

Of course! The more, the merrier. We encourage you to bring friends and family to enjoy the cooking demonstration and learn about our products together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefTess
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefTess
  • quiverfull7
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies