• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bummer! My Show Canceled for Tonight

In summary, this person's host canceled on them, they are still looking for a show, and they are offering incentives.
smspamperedchef
Silver Member
I am so bummed. Maybe I just want my own "pity party". :cry: Guess that's better than no party at all. :cry:

My host was MIA all weekend so was wondering if I was having a show at all. She finally calls me back last night after 9pm, explains she was sick (stomach bug) but she's feeling better, party still on and gave me her head count. Today, I get a voice mail from her at 2:10pm asking me to resend her the recipe as she didn't have the correct one, reconfirmed the head count again. I called her back got voice mail told her I resent her the recipe again, that I would be happy to pick up ingredients for her and please call me back so I know she got the message. Well, anyway, her SIL calls me at 2:45pm asking if we could reschedule. Evidently host had started teaching summer school and couldn't even finish out the day because she was sick and was now headed to the dr. Seems strange that everything was fine 30 minutes before but maybe that is when she finally decided to eat and it didn't go over well. SIL says she wants to do it next week if possible. I'm shooting for this Thursday hopefully as I have an opening. Anyway, really wanted/needed this show so I just wanted to sit here and whine to you all. Thanks for listening!

That is a bummer! (((((HUGS)))))

At least you know she wants to reschedule though...

Bummer! Just had a host for this month reschedule to August, so I hear ya.

Whine all you want! Some people just don't understand that we do this to make MONEY! To pay our bills, make car payments, pay off debt, feed our kids, etc... we all have a reason.
*HUGS* I hope she does reschedule!

I have had more reschedules this month than ever! Not outright canceling - just moving to later in the summer. 2 for August, and 3 for July.....so I know your pain! It really hurts when that happens during Sellathon month!

That is why I decided to do the Mystery Host Catalog Show! I only have until Thursday to do shows for this month - then I'm gone the rest of the month.

DebbieJ said:
Bummer! Just had a host for this month reschedule to August, so I hear ya.
Me too! What's up with that?:mad:

That sure is a bummer! I have had 3 shows cancel/postpone on me this month, so far! Of the 3 1 has rescheduled for July (this is her 3rd time postponing), another has not rescheduled yet, and another is in the process of rescheduling.

(I am sure it ain't over yet.) I finally reached this Thursday's host and found out that yes, we are still on. I have a MIA host for Saturday, and have not reached her yet at all! My host for next Monday's show is also MIA! What is it with these people? At least return my call, or send me an e-mail, KWIM?!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS SHARON!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Have you sent your newsletter out yet talking about the specials and outlet? Maybe send out one offering to buy the ingredients!

Yeah, this month has defintely been one for reschedules. I started the month with 11 so was hoping at least 8 would hold. I think that makes 7 or less now. UGH!
Just sent out a newsletter last night. Got some contacts from people....wanting me to replace broken items. I hate that. I know, I know, part of customer service but I send these things out to get orders, shows, etc. and people suddenly remember that they have broken items. UGH!
I'm offering incentives too. Offering $10 in items of their choice and if they book a show to be held between now and July 31st I will bring ingredients for a no bake dessert!
I'm not incredibly worried about sell a thon since I get the Director $6,000 level anyway, but was sure I was going to have it with my 11 shows. Will hit $3,000 for sure as I already have $2,200 in and have 3-4 more shows plus catty shows! Am a bit disappointed though as I sure could use the PC $$$ for hitting $6,000+.
My show tomorrow night I'm real excited about though. She is expecting 12 people, she lives in a rich neighborhood and she says the group is a rowdy one and she'll be serving wine, etc. Not excited about the rowdy part but I expect high sales. Hopefully lots of bookings too!

same deal, 6/13th made into catty and hostess won't call me back.
6/17 rescheduled for july and 6/28 rescheduled.

That's summer for ya! Very important to OVERBOOK and have the hosts OVERINVITE. Have them mail 50 invites instead of 40 because of guests traveling and such!

I'm sorry, Sharon! That stinks... I'm sorry your host is so ill, too- that's never fun.

Well what are you going to do with your free night off? I'd bake some brownies, pour a pint of vanilla ice cream on top and drizzle a jar of carmel over it...that should make you feel better!

Kitchen Diva said:
I'm sorry, Sharon! That stinks... I'm sorry your host is so ill, too- that's never fun.

Well what are you going to do with your free night off? I'd bake some brownies, pour a pint of vanilla ice cream on top and drizzle a jar of carmel over it...that should make you feel better!
Well, that sounds WONDERFUL! However, I'm on weight watchers and just reached my 10% TODAY! Don't really think I should blow it so soon! LOL! Now, I do treat myself all the time and would go get me my hot fudge sundae but DH has my van! I decided to make some calls since the house is to myself (son at scouts) and try and get some more shows!

smspamperedchef said:
Well, that sounds WONDERFUL! However, I'm on weight watchers and just reached my 10% TODAY! Don't really think I should blow it so soon! LOL! Now, I do treat myself all the time and would go get me my hot fudge sundae but DH has my van! I decided to make some calls since the house is to myself (son at scouts) and try and get some more shows!
That sounds way more responsible than my idea! Way to go on the 10% by the way! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
That sounds way more responsible than my idea! Way to go on the 10% by the way! :)
BTW, Congrats on your first day at the job! (I'm hijacking my own thread!) LOL!

Bren706 said:
That sure is a bummer! I have had 3 shows cancel/postpone on me this month, so far! Of the 3 1 has rescheduled for July (this is her 3rd time postponing), another has not rescheduled yet, and another is in the process of rescheduling.

(I am sure it ain't over yet.) I finally reached this Thursday's host and found out that yes, we are still on. I have a MIA host for Saturday, and have not reached her yet at all! My host for next Monday's show is also MIA! What is it with these people? At least return my call, or send me an e-mail, KWIM?!
Hope for the best!!!! People are just busy this time of year! I know I am on the ball field 3-4 times a week and still running a full time PC business. It's craziness!!!! One more week of ball and then hopefully everyone will settle down!!! :yuck:

Sorry that happened, that is always a bummer. Try not to let it get you down. I have a hostess who was supposed to have a party in March, rescheduled for later March, tehn 3 times in April, then May, then June, now she is saying October~argh... What is wrong with people?? Does your hoestess letter say something like please give me advance if you need to cancel ( although you never know when you are going to get sick), this is my business, I have saved this date for you etc.. etc... We have a job just like them, earning a paycheck, just like them.
we work hard for our money:sing: :sing: so these darn hostesses better treat us right :) ha ha:sing:

merego said:
Sorry that happened, that is always a bummer. Try not to let it get you down. I have a hostess who was supposed to have a party in March, rescheduled for later March, tehn 3 times in April, then May, then June, now she is saying October~argh... What is wrong with people?? Does your hoestess letter say something like please give me advance if you need to cancel ( although you never know when you are going to get sick), this is my business, I have saved this date for you etc.. etc... We have a job just like them, earning a paycheck, just like them.
we work hard for our money:sing: :sing: so these darn hostesses better treat us right :) ha ha:sing:
No, I don't have a hostess letter. Do you or anyone out there have one?

Sharon,

Here's a little blurb that someone posted on their host letter many moons ago. It's just a paragraph they add to the end of the letter. Hope it helps.

I truly love what I do and I can’t wait to work with you! Even though Pampered Chef is the most fun I have ever had “working”, I do ask that if you have to reschedule your show that you give me at least 2 weeks notice so that I am not unemployed for the night.

Here's another wording I found....

Even though my job is flexible and a lot of fun, it is also my means of earning an income. If circumstances arise and you need to cancel or reschedule, please let me know promptly (so I have time to open this date to another host). Thank you for your understanding!

kcjodih said:
Sharon,

Here's a little blurb that someone posted on their host letter many moons ago. It's just a paragraph they add to the end of the letter. Hope it helps.

I truly love what I do and I can’t wait to work with you! Even though Pampered Chef is the most fun I have ever had “working”, I do ask that if you have to reschedule your show that you give me at least 2 weeks notice so that I am not unemployed for the night.
I LIKE THAT!!! Do you write a host letter? I may have to consider doing that. Do you give it to them when they book (like at a show for instance?) or do you mail it to them?

My show from last night RESCHEDULED for TUESDAY!!! YEA! She called me today and apologized profusely. She went to the dr. and they said she had food poisoning and she was dehydrated as well. Feeling much better today.

Glad to hear!

That show by the way was barely even worth rescheduling. She just didn't even care too much. Didn't help me one bit with ANYTHING, barely made it to $200. Took an extra 5 days to close with no additonal orders, a show that booked from her says she can't do it. She may reschedule! On top of all that, during the ENTIRE show she has set up in her living room a large projection screen (I think it's always up). Well, she had a slide show of her 3 children playing continuously and had background music to boot! Made it pretty tough to try and talk to people when they're looking at pictures! AGH!

That stinks and she is rude for showing movies while you are trying to give your demo!!:thumbdown: Hope your next show is a $1000 show!

Sharon,
Shame on all rude hostesses!! Since you have been at this a while, you probably have had some before, hopefully not too many. The way I look at it is, you made $50 for 3 hours work (exluding phone tag, etc...) and that hourly wage is alot better than alot of jobs, although not what we are used to! Here's to a $1000 show next time!!
Deb

Related to Bummer! My Show Canceled for Tonight

1. What should I do if my show gets canceled for tonight?

If your show gets canceled for tonight, the first thing you should do is contact your consultant to find out the reason for the cancellation. They will be able to provide more information and help you reschedule your show for a later date.

2. Will I still be able to earn host rewards if my show gets canceled for tonight?

Unfortunately, if your show gets canceled for tonight, you will not be able to earn host rewards. However, your consultant can work with you to reschedule the show and ensure that you still receive the rewards you are eligible for.

3. Can I still place an order even if my show gets canceled for tonight?

Yes, you can still place an order even if your show gets canceled for tonight. You can either contact your consultant to place an order or shop directly on our website using your host's link.

4. Will the products I ordered for my show still be available if it gets canceled for tonight?

The availability of products may vary depending on the reason for the show cancellation. Your consultant will be able to provide more information about the availability of specific products and help you place an order if needed.

5. Can I reschedule my show for a different date if it gets canceled for tonight?

Absolutely! Your consultant will work with you to find a new date for your show that works for both of you. They can also help you invite your guests and make sure you still receive all the host rewards you are eligible for.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • ChefTess