• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Show Today With No Rsvp's...what to Do??

In summary, the show is 1.5 hours away and no one has RSVP'd. The host has spoken to the potential guests and found out that one is getting married and is probably going to set up her Wedding Registry with the store, so she may come. The host is going to try and contact the other two guests. If the host doesn't hear back from the guests in the next 30 minutes, he will have to reschedule.
Candice
I have a show this afternoon (2pm) and I talked to her last night and as of 8pm CST no one has RSVP'd. She's called everybody and 11 people can for sure not come, the other people she left messages for and no one has called back yet.

The show is 1.5 hours away from me. So I will be taking 3 hours just driving to and from her house and with gas prices right now I am really worried that this will not be worth my time.

What would you do? Turn it into a book show? Still go and wait for the turn out? I am going to call her in a few minutes to see if she got ahold of anyone, but with NO confirmations of being there I am lenient on going. I have NEVER felt like this before. I guess I wouldn't be so worried if it wasn't so far away.

As someone who has made a 1.5 hour drive to a show that had no RSVPs and just 2 people show up, I'd recommend talking to her again this morning as you'd planned. If the RSVPs are still at 0 (or even less than 5 or 6!) I'd say you need to just politely explain to her that you think it might be a better idea to try and reschedule for another day or turn this into a catalog show. I'm sure she'll understand if she knows how far you'd be driving.

Just called and left a message. I meant to talk to her about this situation last night, but I have 2 sick kids (ages 3 and 2) and my husband wasn't home at the time when I called her and then my daughter threw up on me (TMI) so I kind of had to get off the phone quickly. ARGH! I feel HORRIBLE, not sick, but horrible that I feel this way about going to a show. :(

My show last weekend only had 3 who responded and 11 showed. I've had 10 RSVP and only 3 in attendance...one never knows the outcome. If there are only 3, it is possible one of those will be your next team member.

Aside from the distance, I say go and do it. :)

Well considering that I only sent out 23 invites: 11 for sure can't make it, 4 live in CA and 5 live in AR (I am in MO) that she couldn't get ahold of. That leaves 3 people here in MO that could possibly come, but she hasn't heard anything from them. I was kind of hoping for a lot of outside orders to make this a good turnout and she hasn't even gotten those.

and she hasn't even gotten those.

Yet. Do you have a website? You should be working that if you do! I got an order from CA and I am in WI. Got to chatting with the host and it turned out, the gal that ordered is getting married and is probably going to set up her Wedding Registry with me also! You never know what might come of it.

I feel for you with leaving your sick babies and possibly getting nothing to show for it though. :(

If it were me, and the equation leaves only 3 possible guests (even though you never know if others will show- we know people are NOTORIOUS for not RSVPing), if you get a hold of her today, and she still has 0 or even just 1, I'd explain that you have 1.5 hrs one-way, and sick kids at home. Ask her if she would be ok turning this into a catalog show, and rebook her for another date off of her catalog show. IF she has enough orders to make it a cat.show this time, she'll get the host special this month, and can get TWO of whatever month she does hold her show - one as the current host and one as the past host. And if she doesn't call you back within the next 30 minutes- tell her in the voicemail that you are going to have to reschedule because of sick kids and low confirmed attendance. It IS your business and time. That's alot of time away from your family for nothing- and with sick kids.When you do talk to her, and if you reschedule, then coach her to contact just 3-4 people that she really wants to have at her home show and figure out a date that works for them, THEN reschedule that show for one of those days. Don't worry about try to contact all of them- just the top 3 or 4 that she would really like to have come- keep it a small attainable task for her. You'll send the invites to the rest of the folks as you did before. This is the time of year when folks have activities on Saturdays- usually sports or something for their kids, so it can be tricky.

Yes, I do have a website and have her show set on up there already. Been there for 3 weeks now. I called her at 8:30am and again at 10am and still no answer. Just frustrating that my kids are puking and very clingy to me this morning and here I am getting the stuff ready for a show and I can't even get a hold of the host.

esavvymom said:
If it were me, and the equation leaves only 3 possible guests (even though you never know if others will show- we know people are NOTORIOUS for not RSVPing), if you get a hold of her today, and she still has 0 or even just 1, I'd explain that you have 1.5 hrs one-way, and sick kids at home. Ask her if she would be ok turning this into a catalog show, and rebook her for another date off of her catalog show. IF she has enough orders to make it a cat.show this time, she'll get the host special this month, and can get TWO of whatever month she does hold her show - one as the current host and one as the past host. And if she doesn't call you back within the next 30 minutes- tell her in the voicemail that you are going to have to reschedule because of sick kids and low confirmed attendance. It IS your business and time. That's alot of time away from your family for nothing- and with sick kids.

When you do talk to her, and if you reschedule, then coach her to contact just 3-4 people that she really wants to have at her home show and figure out a date that works for them, THEN reschedule that show for one of those days. Don't worry about try to contact all of them- just the top 3 or 4 that she would really like to have come- keep it a small attainable task for her. You'll send the invites to the rest of the folks as you did before. This is the time of year when folks have activities on Saturdays- usually sports or something for their kids, so it can be tricky.

Thank you for this!

I think long distance shows can get tricky. I've set a pretty firm policy that if a show is more than 60 - 90 minutes away, I want my hosts to have at least $150 in sales before I come. With proper host coaching, it happens. It then makes it easier on me because I know that at least the show will qualify, and at even the 20% commission I've recouped all or most of my gas expense in getting there.

I know this doesn't help you today, but perhaps defining a policy like this will help you. Remember that you are a *business* - lots of business that offer delivery do have geographical limits, or they have a policy in place where the delivery charge is higher for folks living more than XX miles away. What you would be doing is no different.

PCLaurel said:
I think long distance shows can get tricky. I've set a pretty firm policy that if a show is more than 60 - 90 minutes away, I want my hosts to have at least $150 in sales before I come. With proper host coaching, it happens. It then makes it easier on me because I know that at least the show will qualify, and at even the 20% commission I've recouped all or most of my gas expense in getting there.

I know this doesn't help you today, but perhaps defining a policy like this will help you. Remember that you are a *business* - lots of business that offer delivery do have geographical limits, or they have a policy in place where the delivery charge is higher for folks living more than XX miles away. What you would be doing is no different.

This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Candice, just wondering what happened to this show. I hope you were able to turn it into a book show and rescheduled a cooking show for later. I hope your kids are all better!

1. What do I do if no one RSVPs to my Pampered Chef show today?

If no one has RSVPed to your show today, don't panic! There are a few things you can do to make sure your show is still successful. First, reach out to any guests who you haven't heard from yet and remind them about the show. You can also ask your host to reach out to their guests and remind them to attend. Additionally, consider offering an incentive for attendees, such as a free gift or a discount on their purchase.

2. Should I still prepare for the show if no one RSVPs?

Yes, it's always best to be prepared for your show even if no one has RSVPed. There's always a chance that someone may show up last minute or that your host may have forgotten to invite someone. Plus, you never know when a guest may decide to make a purchase at the last minute, so it's important to have everything ready to go.

3. How can I make the show more enticing for guests who haven't RSVPed?

Consider adding some extra fun elements to your show to entice guests who haven't RSVPed. This could be anything from a raffle for a free product to a live demonstration of a new recipe. You could also offer samples of your products or a special discount for those who attend without RSVPing.

4. Is it okay to cancel the show if no one RSVPs?

We understand that it can be frustrating when no one RSVPs to your show, but we do not recommend canceling it. This can reflect poorly on your business and may make it harder to get guests to attend future shows. Instead, try to make the best of the situation and focus on providing a great experience for the guests who do attend.

5. How can I prevent no RSVPs for future shows?

To prevent no RSVPs for future shows, make sure to communicate with your host about the importance of RSVPing and remind them to follow up with their guests. You can also offer incentives for guests who RSVP, such as a free gift or entry into a raffle. Additionally, make sure to promote your shows on social media and through other channels to reach a wider audience and increase the chances of getting RSVPs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • SherryLynn