• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Coaching: How to Make Up For a Disappointing Show

I just wanted to be sure and let you know that I have been working on outside orders and that so far I have collected about $150 in more orders!!! Things are getting better!
PCSarahjm
:( I am so disappointed! I had a Show on Saturday. Not a good turn out! I thought I did a good job host coaching.... There were only 2 people there. When I talked to her on Thursday she said she had 10 confirmed guest...when I got to her house she said 2 just called and had last minute things come up but would be placing orders could we keep her show open until Friday. Ok so the show is suppose to be at 2pm her daughter shows and her MIL. That is it! I have a total of $65 in Sales....What do I need to do to Host Coach her more to get the outside orders she needs to earn free products she wants. As she has a huge list... I don't want her to feel discouraged b/c her show didn't have a good turn out! Any tips????

have her contact all 8 of those people that didnt come. I had the same thing happen Sat 15 confirmed 4 people showed up but I did get 2 bookings out of it.

PCSarahjm said:
:( I am so disappointed! I had a Show on Saturday. Not a good turn out! I thought I did a good job host coaching.... There were only 2 people there. When I talked to her on Thursday she said she had 10 confirmed guest...when I got to her house she said 2 just called and had last minute things come up but would be placing orders could we keep her show open until Friday. Ok so the show is suppose to be at 2pm her daughter shows and her MIL. That is it! I have a total of $65 in Sales....What do I need to do to Host Coach her more to get the outside orders she needs to earn free products she wants. As she has a huge list... I don't want her to feel discouraged b/c her show didn't have a good turn out! Any tips????[/QUOTE]

tell her up front
she needs $xx to get $xx free
tell her she needs to contact everyone from her invite list
be encouraging yet be firm on the closing date and time otherwise you will end up chasing her to close the show

I was very firm about the closing date on Friday! I hope she can pull something together b/c she really wanted some free products!

This must have been the weekend for poor shows. I had 3 shows, host coached them all as usual (3 calls) and each of them said they had 10 or more people coming, and all 3 were poorly attended, and low show totals.

It sounds like you did what you could for the show. I would make sure to keep in touch with her and ask her each time how many new orders she has so you can update her on her free product value and how much she needs to get to the next level. Take her wish list and figure out how much she needs in sales to get her items for free and 1/2 price then let her know how many orders she will probably need to collect (sales needed divided by your average outside order sales).

Good luck and look ahead to the next one!

I did an office lunch show. About 15 showed to eat, but I only got about 7 orders. Two was from outside orders that I arranged. It was just barely a show. I did get two bookings. The last time I fed that office, I got my second recruit.

Chef Bobby, I'd settle for those results right now! I need to go feed an office ASAP! (Woe is me, I had two hosts postpone their shows this month!).

I am grateful for what I got. Every little bit helps. The first booking did an $800 show. I'm waiting on the second to finish moving. It should be good too. She's the CEO of the company.

Talked to my host today and she has been working on outside orders.....So far she has collected about $150 in more orders!!! Things are getting better!

It seems like this month has been particularly tough on everyone. Personally, I've experienced HUGE drop in sales since PC hasn't offered the buy $60 and get _____ for free. The deals they have for guests are great, but don't make the sales higher.

PC_CPR said:
Chef Bobby, I'd settle for those results right now! I need to go feed an office ASAP! (Woe is me, I had two hosts postpone their shows this month!).

Sorry for the late response. Every office that I asked said yes to free brownies. The new recipe for caramel brownies has worked great for me. I'm waiting to get my bar pan back that I lent to my recruit so I can make them.

Chefbobby,
When you take the free brownies, do you leave your bar pan? I wouldnt want to do that, but how else would you give them the treats?

You can cut them into squares and serve them on SA. It's still a product, but not as expensive (should it be lost or taken) as the bar pan.

1. How do I make up for a disappointing show as a host?

As a host, it's important to communicate with your consultant and discuss ways to make up for a disappointing show. You can consider rescheduling the show, offering to host a make-up show, or reaching out to friends and family to see if they are interested in placing an order. It's also helpful to provide feedback to your consultant about why the show may have been disappointing so they can improve for future shows.

2. What if my guests didn't place any orders at the show?

If your guests didn't place any orders at the show, don't worry! Your consultant can still work with you to make up for the disappointing show. You can consider hosting a virtual party, reaching out to friends and family for orders, or even placing a personal order yourself to help your consultant meet their sales goals.

3. Is it my fault if the show was disappointing?

No, it's not your fault if the show was disappointing. There could be various factors that contributed to a low turnout or lack of sales. Your consultant is there to support and guide you, so don't be too hard on yourself. Instead, focus on finding ways to make up for the disappointing show and work with your consultant to plan a successful future party.

4. Can I still earn host rewards if the show was disappointing?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards even if the show was disappointing. Your consultant will honor any host rewards that were promised, regardless of the show's outcome. They may also offer additional incentives or rewards to make up for the disappointing show.

5. How can I prevent a disappointing show in the future?

To prevent a disappointing show in the future, it's important to communicate with your consultant and be actively involved in planning the party. Make sure to invite a good number of guests, follow up with them before the show, and provide incentives for attending and placing orders. You can also consider hosting different types of parties, such as a theme party or a potluck, to make it more fun and enticing for your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Kathy Jewell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • kayleigh