• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Direct Sales Success: Host Coaching Tips & Results!

In summary, the conversation discusses the success of two different shows; one that was host-coached well and another that was not due to time constraints. The first show had a consultant from another direct sales company as the host and resulted in 6 attendees and more orders to come. The second show, which was booked at the host's daughter's birthday party, already has 2 orders and is expected to have a higher sales total. The conversation also touches on the importance of host coaching and how the host ultimately plays a crucial role in the success of their own show.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
I had a show this past Sat that I host coached very well. I remembered to make the calls and sent emails everything. The host is a consultant for another direct sales company. She had 6 people in attendance and is getting more orders this week from work. Her show is at 133.50 with 2 bookings! This is just funny. I have another show this Saturday that just got booked on the 17th at my daughter's birthday party! I am sending out the postcards as a reminder more so than an actual invite b/c of time. The host is making calls and emails to invite people. The show has 2 orders placed through my website and is already at 295 in sales! I just find it funny that the show I host coached is low and the show that I can't host coach as well b/c of time is already doing better! Not complaining I am happy to have the 2 shows. I am going to close this month higher than any other month and I got my first recruit this month!! I just think it's funny that the shows are backwards.

I find that sometimes hosts from other product lines are "uncoachable" because they think they know everything! I have one who insists that she invites the same 5 people who come to every show and doesn't seem to understand why I want to invite 40 people to my show through her!

Hopefully she'll find $17 in products you can toss onto another order ...

"You can lead a horse to water...."

The same thing applies for host coaching. The host, at some point, has to take some responsibility and ownership for the success of her show.

ChefBeckyD said:
"You can lead a horse to water...."

The same thing applies for host coaching. The host, at some point, has to take some responsibility and ownership for the success of her show.

:thumbup: This post is important for all of us to remember. We must TRY but in the end it is up to the host to take the reigns and make her show work. SHE has to be excited and invite and encourage orders. If she isn't, the show will be mediocre.

I agree with Di, Becky, and Beth the host has to take ownership of her show. We are all given choices and the paths we choose are our own. If she chooses to not encourage people to come then she will be the one with less free $$$$ to get PC items.

BethCooks4U said:
:thumbup: This post is important for all of us to remember. We must TRY but in the end it is up to the host to take the reigns and make her show work. SHE has to be excited and invite and encourage orders. If she isn't, the show will be mediocre.

Exactly. We have to try to get the host excited to succeed and give her the tips to do so, but if she's determined to believe that her show is going to fail, it probably will.

congratulations on your recruit :D

What are the benefits of host coaching in direct sales?

Host coaching is an essential aspect of success in direct sales. It helps build a strong relationship with the host, increases attendance and sales, and creates a positive experience for both the host and guests. By providing guidance and support, host coaching can also lead to repeat bookings and referrals.

When should host coaching begin?

The host coaching process should ideally begin as soon as the host agrees to host a party. This gives you enough time to guide them through the planning process and ensure a successful event. However, if you have a last-minute booking, it's never too late to start coaching the host.

What are some effective host coaching tips?

Here are some host coaching tips to maximize your direct sales success:

• Communicate regularly and clearly with the host through phone calls, texts, or emails.
  • Provide them with all the necessary information and resources, such as invitations, catalogs, and order forms.
  • Encourage them to invite their friends and family and offer incentives for doing so.
  • Remind them of the party date and time, and follow up with a confirmation a few days before the event.
  • Offer suggestions for party themes and activities to make the event fun and engaging.
  • Share product knowledge and tips on how to present and demonstrate your products effectively.

How can host coaching lead to higher sales?

Host coaching can lead to higher sales in several ways:

• By ensuring a well-planned and organized party, which creates a positive experience for the guests.
  • By encouraging the host to invite more guests, which increases the potential customer base.
  • By providing the host with product knowledge and effective presentation tips, which can lead to more sales.
  • By offering incentives and rewards for hosting a successful party, which motivates the host to promote and sell more.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when host coaching?

Here are some common mistakes that should be avoided when host coaching:

• Not communicating regularly with the host, which can lead to misunderstandings and a poorly planned party.
  • Not providing the host with enough resources and support, which can make them feel overwhelmed and unprepared.
  • Not following up with the host and potential guests, which can result in low attendance and sales.
  • Not being flexible and understanding with the host's schedule and preferences, which can create a negative experience for them.
  • Not showing appreciation and gratitude towards the host for hosting a party, which can discourage them from hosting again in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• EmilyinAL
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • kayleigh