• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Host Coaching for Successful Shows: Tips and Strategies

In summary, Janet recommends that you make your host coaching packet clear and simple, personal contact is key, focus on the WHY of the order, and use the 3 call system. She also recommends taking the online
babywings76
Gold Member
I consider myself still new, signed at the end of May, so I am still looking for some ideas on this. I have a lot of shows scheduled for November and I want them to be successful (of course, who would not want that ;) ) My other shows have gone okay, but not stellar. I haven't done well with getting bookings at my shows, so I know I need to work on how my shows are going, that's a whole other topic....But I really want to know what I should be doing for host coaching so I can get them excited and so they will have a high attendance and possibly outside orders and bookings before the show. Right now I'm starting to send out the invites myself and I also offer to make the reminder phone calls. So with those 2 things that the hosts don't have to worry about, what should I be doing in my host coaching. How many times to you check in with them? What do you go through with them? Etc...

I'm not the "best" at host-coaching - with a busy life, that is my downfall.But here are some things I like:
1. Make sure your host packet is clear and simple. They won't read everything - so make sure you use the planner or similar - hi-lite important things.
2. Personal contact is key - phone is fine if not in person...I RARELY meet in person.
3. Know their why of booking a show...is it the host special, free product? Try to focus on THEIR GOAL. Also pay special attention to how they react to upcoming host specials.
4. Show them the chart...if they get X in orders, they get Y FREE PRODUCT - no tax, no shipping - FREE!!!!
5. Ask their guests to help. Use the bring a friend stickers...give out small gifts. Ask the guests at the show to help Suzy Host get more free products by leaving the show and asking someone they know NOT AT THE SHOW if they'd like to order. Give a free Season's Best cookbook if they bring back an order for Suzy Host.Have to run...there are a few ideas...

Last edited:
Great ideas, Janet!
I'm like you, I have a f/t job and two toddlers, so I don't have a ton of time to host coach, but after conference, I resolved to be better at host coaching. I truly believe it will help your show average to be higher.

babywings.....one idea might be to go to CC on the box from conference and they have uploaded some of the workshops and there was a GREAT host coaching workshop from conference that I got a TON of helpful/useful information from. But, I am horrible at recapping it.

I love your ideas Janet! :)Lisa, where can I find the workshop on host coaching? I could only find the segment on cooking show training.

I use the host information sheet, and make sure I go item by item on each of the 3 calls. It helps me to make sure I remember to discuss each thing.

Make sure they know what to do--overinvite, collect outside orders, etc.

Make sure they know why--not everyone will come, outside orders really add to a show total.

Make sure they know how--give them some words to use.

use the 3 call system and use the tools the HO gives us.Take the Host Coaching telecourse, read the working with your hosts section of the business guide.

babywings76 said:
I love your ideas Janet! :)

Lisa, where can I find the workshop on host coaching? I could only find the segment on cooking show training.

I just looked on CC, for some reason I thought they were going to post workshop notes or segments from the workshops, but all I see is handouts. The handout is really good, it walks you through the steps.

Rae's notes are very simple, but SPOT ON!!! The goal is to get enough information across to have a great show, but not so much they think it's too much work or ready to tune you out!!

Take the online training courses, ask your director/upline to be a "host" so you can practice on them, get on a 3way call with your director to hear how he/she does it.....host coaching will help all areas of your business!

Amanda, I can email my notes to you if you want.

I keep mine really simple BUT THAT WORKS FOR ME - it may not work for everyone.

I try to contact them three times - the last time 1-2 days before their show.

I mention:
-You want 10-12 orders (includes Outside Orders and those from your Show)
-Over-invite because only 1/3 will be able to attend
-Do reminder calls 1-2 days before the Show
-The Host can set their Show up online through my website if they wish.
-Mention the Guest Special to her guests/invites

1. How do I become a host coach?

To become a host coach, you must first become a Pampered Chef consultant. Then, you can reach out to your team leader for guidance on how to become a host coach. They will provide you with resources and information to help you get started.

2. What is the role of a host coach?

A host coach is responsible for supporting and guiding hosts throughout the party planning process. This includes helping them choose a date, creating a guest list, and providing tips for a successful party. Host coaches also assist with setting up the party, making sure the host has all necessary supplies, and following up after the party.

3. How do I find hosts to coach?

There are several ways to find hosts to coach. You can reach out to friends and family members, ask for referrals from past hosts, or find potential hosts through social media or networking events. Additionally, as a consultant, you can offer hosting opportunities to your own customers.

4. How do I help a host have a successful party?

To help a host have a successful party, it's important to provide them with all the necessary tools and resources. This includes party planning guides, product information, and tips for engaging guests. Additionally, you can offer to do a practice run with the host to help them feel more comfortable and confident in hosting their party.

5. What are some benefits of being a host coach?

Being a host coach comes with many benefits, such as earning additional commission and bonuses, building relationships with hosts, and increasing your sales and bookings. It also allows you to showcase your expertise and knowledge of the products, which can lead to more referrals and potential new customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies