• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Calls or Emails When Host Coaching???

In summary, the conversation discusses different methods of communication with hosts for booking parties and the best approach to avoid playing telephone tag. Suggestions include a combination of email and phone calls, as well as asking the host their preferred method of communication. Most hosts prefer email or texting and it has been successful for the speakers.
DebPC
Staff member
I've always done the 3 call system when they book 3 or more weeks out. So often now my host and I end up playing telephone tag. So I've done some emailing. What's everyone else doing?
All email, all telephone, a mix??? Do you feel what you're doing is successful?

my NED does emails and text messages alot I think. But I think the key is to ask the host what is the best method to keep in touch, and also, maybe schedule that last call or find out the best TIME to call. (and if you text message, and she replies, you KNOW she has her phone on her. ;) You could ask if it would be a good time to call real quick...)Other than that, I'm not much help. My cooking shows have been next to non-existent for quite awhile (mostly individual orders/cat shows in which I am the host)...so not many hosts to coach right now.

Most of my hosts prefer e-mail or texting, which is fine with me. I send out a 5-day series of e-mails when they first book and then one per week after that.

I'm with Bobbi. I tell my hosts that I am happy to use whatever contact method they prefer. Recently they've run the gammut. One host (we closed today with a sales total of $1,107.50!) was exclusively through FB messages. My host for tomorrow night has been all emails. Some hosts are text only. Others are all about the phone calls. My theory is that whatever my host's favorite method of communication is my favorite for getting in touch with her (or him).

Hi there! I completely understand your frustration with playing telephone tag with your hosts. I have found that a combination of email and phone calls works best for me. I usually start with an initial phone call to set up the date and time for the party, and then follow up with an email to confirm all the details and provide any additional information or reminders. If necessary, I will also send a quick email reminder a few days before the party to make sure everything is still on track. I have found that this approach helps to minimize the back-and-forth and ensures that everyone is on the same page. Overall, I have had great success with this method and my hosts appreciate the convenience of being able to communicate via email as well. Hope this helps!

1. What is host coaching and why is it important?

Host coaching is the process of communicating with a party host before, during, and after their party to ensure a successful event. It is important because it helps the host feel confident and prepared, increases attendance and sales, and ultimately leads to a successful party.

2. How often should I call or email the party host?

The frequency of calls or emails will depend on the host's preferences and the timeline of their party. Generally, it is recommended to reach out at least once a week leading up to the party and then follow up after the party as well.

3. What should I say in my calls or emails to the host?

You should use your calls or emails to provide support and guidance to the host. This can include reminding them of important dates, offering tips for inviting guests, and providing ideas for party games or themes.

4. How can I make my calls or emails more effective?

To make your communication with the host more effective, make sure to personalize your messages and provide specific suggestions or recommendations. You can also ask the host for their input and involve them in the planning process.

5. Is it necessary to call or email the host if they seem to be on top of things?

Even if the host appears to be organized and on top of things, it is still important to maintain communication. This will ensure that they have all the necessary information and support they need to have a successful party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kraber
Replies