• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers Please, No Voice, Big Show Tomorrow

In summary, the author had a great show last night, but by the time he got home he had no voice. He is worried about a possible recruit and is praying for a quick recovery. He is also nervous and excited about the show.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Good Morning. I had a great Power Cooking show last night...But by the time I got home I had no voice. It's something shared by one of my day care familites... sigh... it hurts like crazy, bad headache, feel lousy and ...
tomorrow night, Wednesday, I have a HUGE show that I am praying God will allow me to complete. I have been praying about someone there I believe will be a possible recruit..I don't know that.. .just have the feeling you know??? Anyway, she has 26 confirmed guests and she is SO excited... she may be my recruit... who knows! PLEASE pray I get enough voice back to do the show and at least engage them to help me ... I can get thier help and make it interactive but I just want it to be good for her since she has such a great big group coming. Thanks in Advance!

My prayers are with you.

My prayers are with you. Good Luck today and get plenty of rest and relaxation.;)

I am praying that your voice comes back and that you get a new recruit!
Rest your voice and gargle with warm salt water. Sounds gross and it is gross but it will help!!!

Hope you get your voice back for the show. Hot tea with honey will help too. Relax and try to rest up! Good luck with your show on Wednesday.

I have 4 of my 5 day care kids (well, one is mine) but I told their parents that it would be a quiet, low activity day, Little Abbey (almost 2) is so funny... she isn't talking either... she is pointing, tapping the other girls on the shoulder... it's too hilarious! I am trying everything. I am using extra Xango... I had quit for a little while all together... probably wouldn't have GOTTEN this to begin with if I had been steady with it... grrrrr Oh well... it's very humbling and I am SO thankful for all your prayers and encouragement!!!!! Let me go find some salt... :)

Praying too...yeah, warm salt water is gross by helps...

That theraflu worked wonders for me and my mom

quiverfull7 said:
Good Morning. I had a great Power Cooking show last night...But by the time I got home I had no voice. It's something shared by one of my day care familites... sigh... it hurts like crazy, bad headache, feel lousy and ...
tomorrow night, Wednesday, I have a HUGE show that I am praying God will allow me to complete. I have been praying about someone there I believe will be a possible recruit..I don't know that.. .just have the feeling you know??? Anyway, she has 26 confirmed guests and she is SO excited... she may be my recruit... who knows! PLEASE pray I get enough voice back to do the show and at least engage them to help me ... I can get thier help and make it interactive but I just want it to be good for her since she has such a great big group coming. Thanks in Advance!
I heard spoonfuls of honey help soothe your throat and helps your voice come back and if nothing else, it's yummy!:D ;)
HERE IS AN IDEA!!! Take advantage of your prediciment by asking the recruit lead to help you out some. Make it a relaxed atmosphere for her, have her talk a little for you, what her favorite things about certain products are, of course make sure she's comfortable with this idea but it might just secure the recruit lead!
Anyway, good luck!!!! I'll say a prayer for you!;)

MissChef said:
I heard spoonfuls of honey help soothe your throat and helps your voice come back and if nothing else, it's yummy!:D ;)
HERE IS AN IDEA!!! Take advantage of your prediciment by asking the recruit lead to help you out some. Make it a relaxed atmosphere for her, have her talk a little for you, what her favorite things about certain products are, of course make sure she's comfortable with this idea but it might just secure the recruit lead!
Anyway, good luck!!!! I'll say a prayer for you!;)

I was just going to suggest the same thing about pulling her up there to help you out. Feel better!!!

Reading your post, my first thought was exactly what MissChef and Carolyn said! Maybe God will use your "no voice" as a blessing in discuise!!!

Prayers for a quick recovery and a wonderful show...

Update us after your show!

Hope you have a quick recovery. Keep us updated.

Okay... I've pretty much got no voice yet... it is a bit better than yesterday... I've got nearly everything ready, have to make my Trifle after the day care kids leave and my kids can help me load up. I'm just going to play a game and ask people to shout out the name of the tool and tell if they like it and why... I'll have the host or the past host help read the Queen of Shoppers game to get them through the new catalog ... I'm praying God will make the pitch for recruits since I cannot speak! :) Thanks for all your prayers... please keep wafting them heavenward! It's weird but I'm excited! I'll update you all when I get home... THanks for listening... I can't call anyone and talk so this has made CS even more valuable to me!!!!!!! :)

GOOD LUCK!!! YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT!!!! Post tongiht to let us know how you did!!!:D

quiverfull7 said:
Okay... I've pretty much got no voice yet... it is a bit better than yesterday... I've got nearly everything ready, have to make my Trifle after the day care kids leave and my kids can help me load up. I'm just going to play a game and ask people to shout out the name of the tool and tell if they like it and why... I'll have the host or the past host help read the Queen of Shoppers game to get them through the new catalog ... I'm praying God will make the pitch for recruits since I cannot speak! :) Thanks for all your prayers... please keep wafting them heavenward! It's weird but I'm excited! I'll update you all when I get home... THanks for listening... I can't call anyone and talk so this has made CS even more valuable to me!!!!!!! :)

...just show them ANYONE can do a PC show - even without a voice! LOL!

Have you thought of putting some of your main points on poster board? I would set the main things up like maybe the hostess benefits and the opportunity, so that they can see that over and over all night. You might want to give out papers with info for each product and tell the guests when you use that product to stand up and tell about it. Then, they could do your talking for you. It might take a little work, but it would make it different and fun. Prayers are going up for you right now. May it be the best show you've ever had. Blessings....

You can do it!! I did a show without a voice in January and it was my biggest show! :D

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME! AND YES>>> I"M SHOUTING!!!!! I am home... have all her orders so far entered and the show stands at .... drumroll please.... $1073.40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My voice got stronger as I spoke... isn't normal by any means but we made it through. I had them read things... had them shout out the name and use for products as I used them... it was just tremendous... I didn't talk about lots of the usual things... but hit lots of things... she had great outside orders... really great... and that made a huge difference... I am SO PUMPED ... and a couple people called that couldn't make it due to illness so I have encouraged her to call them.... I also talked with her about joining me in her own business.... she kind of laughed but she was listening.... I planted some seeds... My throat hurts alot... but my heart is so full... I cannot thank all of you enough for all your encouragement, prayers and ideas... I will not stop thanking God for what HE did... it sure wasn't me!!!!!!!!!!!! Praise Him with me and do a major Happy Dance! I sure am! Now... once this show closes I'll be changing my Best Show amount! :) Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praise the Lord for all his blessings and goodness. I know for certain my guests would probably enjoy a show where I wasn't able to talk so much!!!
Take the positive learning experiences here from your near misfortune and create a new type of show game perhaps called "the Shout it Out" game??
Sounds like a winner and you are as well. Congrats on those new show sales!
Resting your voice will be great and try some Ricola lemon herb throat drops. They always help soothe. If nothing else, sip some warm Amaretto D' Sarno liqueur, unless of course, you have to drive or do a show. Take care. Thanks for sharing your success.

Congrats on having such a great show even without a full voice. May you feel better soon.

Thanks!!!!!!!! Most of my voice is gone again this morning but all I have this weekend is our business builders weekend... that's all.... YAAAGGHHHHHHHH.... oh well... I"ll listen more than I talk which is not my nature... although I'm working on it! :) I'm so excited about last nights show and about this weekend... now... to try and find some energy to sort out things from last night and whip this house into shape... first.... a cup of tea!... Y'all are the best!!!!!!!

Congrats! Excellent! Wonderful to see prayers answered!

God is good!

Congrats!

It is amazing to see how God answers our prayers, huh?!!!!

Congrats on your HUGE show!!

Related to Prayers Please, No Voice, Big Show Tomorrow

1. Can I still participate in the Big Show tomorrow if I have lost my voice?

Yes, you can still participate in the Big Show tomorrow even if you have lost your voice. There are many ways to communicate and share your thoughts and prayers without using your voice, such as writing them down or using sign language.

2. How can I request prayers without using my voice?

You can request prayers without using your voice by writing them down or using a communication device. You can also have a friend or family member speak on your behalf and share your prayer request.

3. Will there be a designated area for those who are unable to speak during the Big Show tomorrow?

Yes, there will be a designated area for those who are unable to speak during the Big Show tomorrow. This area will be set up for individuals to comfortably participate and receive prayers without the use of their voice.

4. Is there a specific time during the Big Show when we can request prayers?

There will not be a specific time during the Big Show when you can request prayers without using your voice. However, there will be a time set aside for prayer and reflection where you can write down or share your prayers with others.

5. Can I still attend the Big Show tomorrow even if I am unable to speak or communicate?

Yes, you are more than welcome to attend the Big Show tomorrow even if you are unable to speak or communicate. There will be inclusive activities and opportunities for everyone to participate and feel included, regardless of their ability to speak or communicate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefKelebel
  • quiverfull7
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies