• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help, I Completely Lost My Voice

In summary, Marci lost her voice last night and submitted a show, but one credit card has declined. She is trying to get the show taken care of but her voice is not strong enough to talk on the phone. She is considering emailing her host, contacting Head Office, and using a family member to communicate.
mmilus
Gold Member
I submitted a show last night and have one declined credit card. During the night, I COMPLETELY lost my voice :yuck: so I can't call the customer. I sent her an email last night but she won't be able to hear me if she calls me back. Any suggestions on how best to deal with this so the show doesn't get held up? I thought about emailing my host but hate to involve anyone else if I can help it. This was an outside order that she submitted online so I've not even met the lady. I'm sure it was an oversight but I still need to get it taken care of. Thanks!
Marci

Re: helpDo you have someone who can be your voice? (Husband, relative, etc?). In the email, did you tell her you lost your voice? If not, I would follow up with an email to let her know. If you can whisper, then if she calls and knows you lost your voice, she can still give you a number, and will know you cant talk loud or more than a whisper to at least acknowledge. ?

I understand what you are going through. I lost my voice the Friday after Christmas and didn't get it back for a week and thank goodness because I had a party on January 4th and 5th and didn't know how I would do it with no voice. I used e-mail to contact host and I also used my daughter and husband to communicate for me when I couldn't. I've never lost my voice for more than a few hours so it was bad....a woman not talking for more than a day. My husband enjoyed it. And it's hard for people to hear you whisper on the phone.Take care of yourself and rest your voice so you don't damage anything. Good luck with this.

Can she call Head Office with the show # and your info and get it straighten out??? You could tell her that in an email and give her the 1-800 #

What about someone in your cluster she can communicate with? They can then call you and tell you over the phone so you can get the info. Maybe you can use your cell phone to text to the other consultant as she talks on the phone? LOL. Goofy, I know, but unless you are in the same room, could be tough. Ideally someone in the same room as you would be best.

What causes someone to completely lose their voice?

There are several possible causes for a complete loss of voice, including viral infections, overuse or strain of the vocal cords, acid reflux, allergies, and neurological conditions.

How long does it take to regain a lost voice?

The amount of time it takes to regain a lost voice can vary depending on the cause and severity of the issue. In some cases, it may only take a few days, while in others it can take several weeks. It is important to rest the vocal cords and follow any treatment recommendations from a doctor.

What can I do to help my voice recover?

The best thing you can do to help your voice recover is to rest it as much as possible. Avoid talking or whispering, stay hydrated, and avoid irritants such as smoke or dry air. Throat lozenges and warm tea with honey can also provide temporary relief.

Is losing your voice a serious issue?

In most cases, losing your voice is not a serious issue and can be resolved with rest and proper care. However, if you experience additional symptoms such as difficulty breathing, severe pain, or a fever, it is important to seek medical attention as it could be a sign of a more serious condition.

Can I prevent losing my voice in the future?

While it is not always possible to prevent a loss of voice, there are steps you can take to reduce the risk. Stay hydrated, avoid overusing your voice, avoid irritants, and practice good vocal hygiene by warming up your voice before speaking or singing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • jbachen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • ChefJoyJ