• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DH Steps Up in Times of Need: My Sickness Story

In summary, the conversation revolved around several people being sick with various illnesses, including fevers, strep throat, bronchitis, and influenza. The original poster's husband offered to help with a fair booth while she was sick, and another person mentioned the difficulties of conducting a cooking show while sick. One person also mentioned their child having croup and needing to go to the emergency room.
Jennie4PC
So my daughter got sick last weekend and she had a fever for a few days and now I have it. The worst part about me having it is tomorrow I have a fair that I am supposed to do and I dont have anyone I can give it to. Although last night I told DH I might have to look for a consultant here and maybe give it to them and he said that he would be totally willing to go and do my booth for me. I thought that was so awsome that he was willing to step up for me like that. He would probably get me more sales and bookings then I will since he works in Customer Service. My baby also has it she hasnt left my lap since we got up this morning.

That is SOOOO cool of your DH! I hope he does well - let us know!...and get better!

I am really hoping that I can go but with how achy I have been who knows. I hope I get better soon.

So, what ended up happening?? Did your hubby do the booth? I think that's great!

I think "the crud" has started to hit us. My 6 year old son has had a fever for the past 24-36 hours. :( Poor guy - he RARELY gets fevers. The highest has been 103.5, which is VERY high for him but we've been controlling it with ibuprofen. I think we'll head to the doctor tomorrow. He hasn't thrown up, but has had the fever, aches, a headache, is very tired, week and lethargic and has no appetite. Let's hope my 3 y.o. doesn't get it too!!!

We have had that too! My 4 y.o. had strep. DH was out of work for two days last week (very rare for him) he had a sinus infection. I have no idea what is wrong with my two year old... Friday I called the dr. and he said he would call in an antibiotic that she obviously got what the other two had. Her fever hit 104!!! I called back and they told me they don't do anything untill it's 105. Now she has been on the antibiotic since Friday and the only thing that is better is the fever, she's still coughing, congested, tired. I hate when your kids are sick and you can't seem to make them better! Any tips? I'm having the baby this Friday and would really like to help her feel better before I leave her for a few days. She's pretty used to mommy being with her and with her being sick she may be quite a handful for my parents!

Well, about 30 minutes after that post I made above, DS woke up with the barky cough and couldn't breathe that well. He's had croup many times, so we know the routine. Tried sitting outside to breathe in cool air....pretty much just decided to take him to the ER like usually ends up happening. He got a breathing treatment and the oral steroids. I told the dr that he's had a fever and was achy for 36 hours....they tested for influenza and he tested positive.:( Poor guy. So, we now have him on Tamiflu. About 30 minutes after taking it last night after getting home from the ER around 1 am, he threw up. He has nothing in his stomach except some juice and meds.:( He's such a trooper. I slept on his floor last night (or what was left of it at 2 am!).

Luckily he's still sleeping now and he doesn't seem to have a fever. I just hope nobody else out there has to deal with this nasty flu! He's likely going to have two weeks off of school since I doubt he'll go back this week, plus he's off Friday anyway with spring break next week. Thank goodness we're not going anywhere!

Well, my roomate, my director and I ALL have been struggling with bronchitis and something else or other. Crazy thing is I haven't SEEN my director for like weeks now!

Thank goodness I am mostly better, because I couldn't see myself saying, "Hi, this is **hack hack** Di Can Cook ***cough cough cough ....**** I was just wanting to know if *wheeze* you'd like to schedule a ***hack hack hack*** cooking show!

Sounds real appetizing!

pamperedbecky said:
Well, about 30 minutes after that post I made above, DS woke up with the barky cough and couldn't breathe that well. He's had croup many times, so we know the routine. Tried sitting outside to breathe in cool air....pretty much just decided to take him to the ER like usually ends up happening. He got a breathing treatment and the oral steroids. I told the dr that he's had a fever and was achy for 36 hours....they tested for influenza and he tested positive.:( Poor guy. So, we now have him on Tamiflu. About 30 minutes after taking it last night after getting home from the ER around 1 am, he threw up. He has nothing in his stomach except some juice and meds.:( He's such a trooper. I slept on his floor last night (or what was left of it at 2 am!).

Luckily he's still sleeping now and he doesn't seem to have a fever. I just hope nobody else out there has to deal with this nasty flu! He's likely going to have two weeks off of school since I doubt he'll go back this week, plus he's off Friday anyway with spring break next week. Thank goodness we're not going anywhere!

Becky I am so sorry to hear about your little guy:( I hope he gets feeling better real soon.
I ended up going and doing the booth I got 2 definitle bookings and a lot of Yes and Maybes so I need to get on the phone and start calling them. I did get home from the booth and crashed I checked my temp a little later that night and it was 100 degrees
I hope everyone continues to get better.

For the little ones with fevers, use the recommended dosages for their weight and alternate Tylenol (acetaminophen) and Ibuprofen. That will help bring the temp. down. If you give straight Tylenol during a fever, the body seems to adjust to the drug and it doesn't help - alternating dosages does.

My mom - an RN - has a chart that makes it easy to remember...
draw a plus (+) on a piece of paper. Now fill in 12, 3, 6 and 9 as they would be on a clock... now write "Tylenol at the "t" and Motrin in the middle"... Give a dose of Tylenol at 12 and 6, then a dose of ibuprofen (Motrin) at 3 and 9.

buckeyefan08 said:
We have had that too! My 4 y.o. had strep. DH was out of work for two days last week (very rare for him) he had a sinus infection. I have no idea what is wrong with my two year old... Friday I called the dr. and he said he would call in an antibiotic that she obviously got what the other two had. Her fever hit 104!!! I called back and they told me they don't do anything untill it's 105. Now she has been on the antibiotic since Friday and the only thing that is better is the fever, she's still coughing, congested, tired. I hate when your kids are sick and you can't seem to make them better! Any tips? I'm having the baby this Friday and would really like to help her feel better before I leave her for a few days. She's pretty used to mommy being with her and with her being sick she may be quite a handful for my parents!

Absolutely DO NOT let your DD visit you and the new baby at the hospital if she has not been significantly better for at least 24 full hours. And then be careful to try to air the house out if you can before you leave or have some do it before you bring the new baby home.

When DS #2 was born, DS #1 couldn't come to the hospital because he had the flu. When we brought the new baby home, DS was much better, but still a bit icky feeling, but nothing that I thought I really needed to worry about... he wasn't interested in the new "lump" anyway and was very content to not be near him.

Then when DS #2 was 13 days old, he started acting strange - inconsolable crying, fever, vomiting (not just spit-up). We ended up taking him to the ER at Children's Hospital, where they did a spinal tap and figured out he had viral meningitis (bacterial is the really bad one). Since no one else that had been around DS since he was born was sick in any way, they are pretty sure that he got sick from DS #1. We spent 4 days at Children's in the PICU... NOT a fun experience for me or the baby.

Related to DH Steps Up in Times of Need: My Sickness Story

1. What is the "DH Steps Up in Times of Need: My Sickness Story" about?

The "DH Steps Up in Times of Need: My Sickness Story" is a personal account of how my husband (DH) supported me through a difficult time when I was sick. It highlights the importance of having a partner who is there for you during times of need.

2. How did your husband support you during your sickness?

My husband was incredibly supportive during my sickness. He took care of all household chores, cooked meals, and even took time off work to take me to doctor appointments. He also provided emotional support and made sure I was comfortable and taken care of.

3. Why is it important for a partner to step up during times of need?

Having a supportive partner during times of need can make a huge difference in a person's recovery and well-being. It shows that they care and are willing to put in the effort to help their loved one. It also helps alleviate stress and allows the sick person to focus on getting better.

4. Did your husband's support make a difference in your recovery?

Absolutely. My husband's support played a major role in my recovery. Knowing that he was there for me and willing to help in any way he could gave me the strength and motivation to fight through my sickness and get better.

5. How can someone support their partner during times of sickness?

There are many ways to support a partner during times of sickness. Some examples include taking over household responsibilities, offering emotional support and understanding, and accompanying them to doctor appointments. The most important thing is to be there for them and show them that you care.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies