• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Too Late to Invite People for My Show Tomorrow Night?

In summary, the host did not return my calls or emails, so I sent out the invites myself and called people for her. She decided to change the date of the party after I had already contacted everyone.
I have a show tomorrow night, and I have worked with this host before. She had a decent party last time, but wasn't happy with her sales. She didn't do much of what I coached her to do last time.(mailed the invites late and didn't do any RSVP Calls) She said she wanted to have another better party someday, so I kept in touch.
Fast forward to this month. I have called her everytime we have a special that would interest her, but she NEVER returns a call( I mean NEVER)
Well I run my business a little differently now, I mail the invites myself and call people for the host if they give me numbers. So the first week of Feb she answers the phone :D and we book Feb 12th. I say great I will call you tonight after my show and you can give me all the addresses. (she doesn't use the internet so I have to hand write them) I call several times no answer no call back the rest of the week.
She finally leaves me a message right before the 12th that she wants to make it the 17 th which works for me.

Ok trying to make it short here, I don't get the addresses from her until the 12th after 8 o clock at night,( I had told her if she got them to me by six I would try to mail them by 9 that night which is the last pick up at my post office. It took forever to get the addresses as she was looking them up in the phone book as she went! So Friday I am sick ( I am 3 months pregnant and still have a lot of bad days) so I get them to the post office just a minute after 9 and am praying they get picked up.
Anyway yesterday I realize that there is no mail today:cry::cry:
So today I have called everybody that I have phone numbers for 22 calls. and then talked to her because there are about 16 more people I dont have numbers for. She is not sure if she can get them to me blah, blah.
Then she says I knew this was too late to invite people (which I gave her a choice to pick a different day in Feb) and spends 20 minutes telling me that the dates I do shows on aren't good for most people. I work on Tues, Thurs, and Sat. And I even offered to open up a Fri just for her!

Sorry this is so long, I just know from past experience that she will do this all night tomorrow if it is a small show and I am afraid I will have trouble hiding my annoyance. Thanks for listening.

Move it later in the month? Tell her that she will NEVER have a date that will work for everyone, that she needs to pick a date and stick to it. And then hold your ground. You've already got addresses--go for it and change it. Good luck!

Not much advice on the current situation but something that I do for all my shows is give them a SASE and a guest list and have them mail that back to me. That way you don't have to worry about writing down addresses over the phone, etc.

I'd say it sounds like she really doesn't want to have the party..and do this one since you mailed the invites and don't contact her again until she contacts YOU to do another one.

I have learned that I DO NOT want to do a show for someone who doesn't want to, I am not desperate enough for it, it will be a waste of time and alot of stress for what, a $200 show or something?

I'm sorry you are going through this pregnant...you don't need it either.

Just remind her that dates you pick to do shows work for you and your family. That's the whole point of having your own business. If you had to have shows when it was not convenient for you but convenient for everyone else, that would defeat the purpose of being your own boss.
And personally I think that the days you offer including a Friday is great. I agree that she probably does not want to do the show and is complaining to shift blame to you instead of her. She is the one who didn't give you the addresses for the invites until it was really late. You should remind her of that.
When I have a host that is rude and trying to shift the blame to me, I really try hard to help them analyze the situation and realize it was not my fault.
Because if I stay quiet, in their minds they will feel like they are right and that would tarnish my image to others who might book a show from her show and I want to be sure to clear everything up.
I hope you feel better, I am about 4 months pregnant and just over the morning sickness phase. God bless.

Debbie :D

I am sorry that you have to go through this. When I started reading your e-mail, I flashed back to a similar situation and shuddered at the thought of my host doing another show (which she wants to do).

On one hand, you have a right to defend yourself if/when she blames you for a small show. On the other, I would not recommend framing it in what works for you in terms of day of the week. I try very hard not to let the host get the impression that I am doing this for "me".

I suggest that you let her know that in your three years experience, getting the invites out early makes the difference, no matter what day of the week, and that you are sorry/it is unfortunate that you and she didn't coordinate better to get those invites out a good 2 weeks in advance. I'm sure you can do it in a nice way. Since it's still the middle of the month, perhaps you can offer her the option to close the show in a week so she can follow up with the people who could not come due to other plans. That will put the onus back on her, where it belongs.
Good luck!!!

I have had 2 shows book less than 2 weeks before the show date. I am NOT sending out invites. They will call their guests and I will send them some to hand out. I stressed that they must talk to everyone and could have a great show. I do shows on certain days as well and I tell people that I've had great shows EVERY day of the week. The day matters less than the hosts excitement, which is strangely contagious.

Thanks you guys. Like I said I just had to get this off my chest before tomorrow. I have worked with her before and I think she is always like this. One of the guests I called today said Oh she always invites me very last minute.
I guess the reason I am annoyed is I do alot to make it very easy on my hosts and she is kind of turning it around on me that it won't be a good party. We'll see there are people coming so you never know.
Thanks for all your input

Some people just enjoy spreading their misery. If all else fails, I'm available to go kick her in the ankles. ;)

I'm sorry your host is blaming you for her issues. It sounds like procrastination is her MO though... I hope you have a wonderful party. But if it were me, I might steer clear of working with her again if she is too much headache for all the work you do for her. Whatever you do, don't appologze for the way you run your business. You have set days you work. And that is not a bad thing! I Like what Jules711 said. The day matters less than the hosts excitement, which is strangely contagious. Best of luck!

raebates said:
Some people just enjoy spreading their misery.

If all else fails, I'm available to go kick her in the ankles. ;)

LOL That is funny!

Do you charge by the hour? Do you travel to do these jobs for other consultants?

Debbie :D

1. What is "Just Need to Vent Please!"?

"Just Need to Vent Please!" is a line of kitchen tools and gadgets specifically designed for those who enjoy cooking and baking as a form of stress relief. These products are made with high-quality materials and innovative designs to make cooking and baking even more enjoyable and therapeutic.

2. What makes "Just Need to Vent Please!" products different from other kitchen tools?

Aside from their unique design and focus on stress relief, "Just Need to Vent Please!" products also come with a satisfaction guarantee. We are confident that our products will make your cooking and baking experience more enjoyable and if for any reason you are not satisfied, we offer a full refund.

3. Can anyone use "Just Need to Vent Please!" products or are they only for professional chefs?

Our products are designed for anyone who loves to cook and bake, whether you are a professional chef or a home cook. The innovative designs and high-quality materials make our products easy to use and suitable for all skill levels.

4. Are "Just Need to Vent Please!" products dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of our products are dishwasher safe. We understand the importance of easy clean-up and have made sure that our products can be easily cleaned in the dishwasher without any damage.

5. How can I purchase "Just Need to Vent Please!" products?

Our products can be purchased through our website or through one of our independent consultants. You can also host a Pampered Chef party to earn free and discounted products. Contact us for more information on how to purchase our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smart2cook
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Karen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • PamperedDor