• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Cancelled Shows: My Experience and How I'm Handling It

In summary, a consultant that the speaker met at a vendor's fair called and said they were interested in booking the speaker's show. The speaker called their first home office lead and booked the show with the lead. The speaker had three shows booked for this week, all of which were cancelled. One show is rescheduling, so the speaker has time on the phone. The speaker is feeling empty on their calendar because they have never had a calendar this empty intentionally. The speaker has made calls and is able to book one show for this week. The speaker's average attendance and show attendance have been small. The speaker wants to start something they learned from Tammy Stanley, and is looking for a way to encourage their guests to come to their shows.
loreo
Well, I had three shows booked for this week. ALL OF THEM cancelled. Well, one is rescheduling. So I get on the phone and call my first home office lead that I received late Friday night (was out of town) and show just booked with a consultant that she met at a vendor's fair. She said that she received the email that I was going to contact her but she said I was too late. I have never had this empty of a calendar intentionally! Lots of time on the phone now!

loreo said:
Well, I had three shows booked for this week. ALL OF THEM cancelled. Well, one is rescheduling. So I get on the phone and call my first home office lead that I received late Friday night (was out of town) and show just booked with a consultant that she met at a vendor's fair. She said that she received the email that I was going to contact her but she said I was too late. I have never had this empty of a calendar intentionally! Lots of time on the phone now!

Don't feel so bad! I had someone call me at work and left a message that she wanted to book a show. Since I cannot do PC related things (except this website!) at work I called her back when I got home (like 4 hours later). She had already found someone else to book her party with! Chin up! Things happen for a reason.

It happens to us all. I hope you took the time you'd set aside and made some calls.

I've made calls- got one booking and the one cancellation rescheduled but the shows were for this Tues, Fri, and Sat. Noone is wanting those dates. I do however have sevenshows booked for October.

Also found out tonight by accident that the lead booked with someone from my cluster. Go figure.

(((hugs)))

I'm so sorry, but boy am I feeling your pain!

I had a show for Saturday that cancelled, well she's going to make it a catalog show. We will see if that comes through. This lady wanted 50 invites and only had 2 people coming! Then 1 of them cancelled on Friday. She called and asked to make it a catalog show. I was very happy she didn't waste my time, but it's hard to get bookings from a catalog show!

I can't really be mad at her though. I had my own Stampin Up party last week. I invited more then 40 people and only 1 person showed up! Nobody RSVP'd, I had to call them all! They all seemed to have a legitimate reason to not come, but I also tried to get orders from them which did not work. I would tell them to view the catalog on-line to see if they wanted anything! It's just crazy!

My own show attendance and average have been small! I do want to start something I learned from Tammy Stanley though. She coaches her hosts to call their friends/family to invite them and say something to encourage them to come. Example, "Hi, this is Rhonda. I'll only keep you a minute. I just want to invite you to my PC party on Saturday. We're going to learn how to get dinner on the table in less then 29 minutes." This give the guests a reason to want to come!

I of course told my potential guests we were learning to make 2 cards, but it didn't work!

I said in another thread. If my shows continue to be small with little sales I'm going to look for a different part time job and give PC up. I may even start looking for a job through the holidays at a store just for some extra cash. I'm just really down on my PC business right now! I'm at a loss for the year and I put a lot of time into it! I use to be okay with that since I wanted the products, but I have so much now, I REALLY don't need anymore!

I'm sorry I'm not much help - just wanted you to know others are where you are.

1. How common is it for shows to be cancelled in the industry?

Cancelled shows are not uncommon in the industry, especially in times of uncertainty or unexpected circumstances. It is always important to have a backup plan in case a show does get cancelled.

2. How can I handle the disappointment of a cancelled show?

It is natural to feel disappointed when a show gets cancelled, especially when it was an important event for your business. However, it is important to stay positive and look for alternative ways to reach your audience, such as through online platforms or rescheduling the show for a later date.

3. What steps should I take after a show gets cancelled?

The first step is to reach out to any potential attendees or clients and inform them of the cancellation. Next, try to reschedule the show or find alternative ways to reach your audience. It is also important to keep track of any expenses or losses incurred due to the cancellation.

4. How can I prevent future show cancellations?

Unfortunately, some cancellations are out of our control. However, it is important to have a solid contract in place with the event organizer and to communicate clearly about expectations and potential risks. It is also helpful to have a contingency plan in case of unforeseen circumstances.

5. How can I make the most of my free time now that my schedule is unexpectedly empty?

Use this time to focus on other aspects of your business, such as updating your website, creating new marketing materials, or networking with potential clients. You can also use this time to relax and recharge, which can help you come back stronger when your schedule picks up again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
beckyjsmith
  • mheat923
  • General Chat
Replies