• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Difficult Hosts: A Frustrating Experience as a Sales Consultant

In summary, the host of a party that the expert summarized had a lot of negative experiences with the expert. The host had a lead from a fair that they did in April, and the expert provided a summary of that conversation. The host had a family vacation planned for thanksgiving, and the expert summarized that the host was sick most of the month and had to fly back east for a week. After the expert provided the
pamperedalf said:
I received a phone call from my dir on fri asking if my ears were ringing. My dir tells me that my ad called our ed and chatted w/ her for over an hour about this wal-mart crew. I guess when my ad took a host packet to one of the girls, my Nov host approched her and asked for more info on the biz, because she wants to sign up. Well blah blah, my ad supposedly says that she keeps trying to refer them back to me to be ethically, and she doesn't know what to do. So she calls my ed for advice. Long story short is my exec said you can't turn biz away, & if they don't want amanda then do what they want. My initial reaction is I won't go to meetings.

Well my dir goes into a big long speil (SP) about how I need to be the bigger person & go. Also that if she has to invite them into her home every other month, then I should be there as well. IMO I don't need to be there because she has to invite them into her home.

Then she goes on about how I shouldn't be mad because I did parties & signed one of my ad's old dir's. When this dir quit selling she used to buy from my dir, well then a year ago this lady came up to me to do a cat. show, and ripped on my dir. Well then this year @ the fair she came up and said that she wanted to sign again, but only under me she wanted nothing to do w/ my AD. The way she was talking she was hurt, and I never told her that this cons. came up to me & ripped her to shreads, because I didn't want to hurt her. So then I told her what this person said, and I told her why I didn't tell her, I think she was shocked.

So she goes on more about being the bigger person, and says that they probably are just gonna be kit nappers. Whatever I am over them. By then I was giving her the blah answers & she saw it, and said you aren't even listening, I gotta go.

So the stupid drama continues, & I just want to be rid of this group completely. If they sign I don't want to go to meetings because they are only going to sit there & bash me. These people are complete white trash! I don't want to offer any advice, or to help them.

Then to make matters worse I am roomming w/ my AD & my dir in Dallas, & I can just feel that it's going to be tense the whole time I am there.

This also makes it hard because my biz took a nose dive. I need to get back out there & dive in full force. Sorry this is so long yet again, but I think dh is sick of me talking about it.:(

Oh wow Amanda - I don't have any advice for ya - just BIG BIG HUGS
(((((((((((((((((((Amanda)))))))))))))))

Hi Amanda!

First of all a major HUG for the UGH you are experiencing. I really look forward to how the person who is signing with your AD is going to run her business. Hopefully she will learn something very valuable from it.

This is your chance to totally SHINE! You obviously have a caring heart or this drama would not bother you. You do have a chance to show everyone involved what you are made of.

First of all, how many shows do you want to do a month? Do you have that many scheduled for January and February? Next, host coach like crazy! Have the very best shows you can and get those sales up so when you go to those team meetings, you are the person in the spotlight! Next, offer the opportunity to everyone you meet at these shows! I personally want to see you promote to Director and walk the stage at National Conference! Trashing you at the meetings will be very difficult when you have this much success. Also, as soon as you promote, begin holding your own meetings.

I know very personally how difficult pulling yourself up can be. I walked in July as a new Director and then my business dropped off because I did not do a good job working it. My sales really dropped and I was not recruiting. I had to make the decision to not let my business fail. My sales in October, November and December were much stronger. My December sales are over $4,200, which is my best sales month ever. I also had someone join my team in December.

I know you can do this! My Director is my biggest supporter. If you need someone to talk to, email me and we can chat.

P.S. I will be at Leadership Conference. If you are treated poorly at all, you can call my cell phone and we will figure out something.

Thanks!
Lisa

Thanks Caroly & Lisa I need those hugs. Lisa thanks for your support, I appreciate your advice. I don't feel I would be treated poorly at leadership I just feel that it will be tense. Maybe I am reading more into because my emotions are high.

Amanda,
I hope everything works out for you. Sometimes the best way to get over a problem person is to do better than they expect you to. so go out there and kick some PC butt!!

A hug for you amanda :)
Also, try to remeber that in almost all situations the only thing you can control is your reaction.
That said, it is not EASY to ignore and to not let it affect you, but you must. From what it sounds like your entire business & maybe your sanity is at stake :)
I think maybe the best thing you can do is give yourself a bit of self-hypnosis...
Remeber back to how you felt when you won the shopping spree at conference and remeber your excitement when you got all your loot.
Now find that excitement and get on the phone!
That thrill and enthusiasm is what is going to get you out of this mess!
get yourself all set up, get your phone numbers out and set a block of time. Close your eyes, put yourself back into that excitement and GO GIRL!
You ARE Better than all this and you kick ASS!
Go Get 'em!

Thank you Cheryl! That is exactly what I need to do. I am slowly getting my drive back. I go to a training w/ Belinda Ellsworth this week in Sac, & then leadership, I am hoping that my drive will come back full swing!!Today I went & bought new Stainless Steel appliances for my kitchen & 0% interest for a full year so here is my new stainless steel carrot. It can only get better!

AWesome!
Keep your virtual cluster posted!

pamperedalf said:
Thank you Cheryl! That is exactly what I need to do. I am slowly getting my drive back. I go to a training w/ Belinda Ellsworth this week in Sac, & then leadership, I am hoping that my drive will come back full swing!!

Wow! That should really get you going!!! :)

If this doesn't get my drive back I don't know what will?

pamperedalf said:
If this doesn't get my drive back I don't know what will?

~~~~~~~~~~~~YOU GO GIRL~~~~~~~~~~~

:) :) :) :)

Amanda, we've got our first workshop together at Leadership. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. Then you can have a real hug. :)

Ann I guess I will have to break out of my comfort zone & sit up front. Something that is hard for me. I will see you in a week!! I am glad we have a class together!:)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies